I’m not losing my gut and I’m disgusted!!!

I know the reason I’m not losing my God it’s because I’m not watching my diet and doing enough cardio. I would have thought the weight training I’m doing would help contribute to losing the good but it seems it has been. I’m really disgusted.

Replies

• jenniferkwon150
    jenniferkwon150 Posts: 1 Member
    Yah you really have to dial in the “diet” and be doing a little bit of cardio. Nothing crazy honestly. Even walking briskly 3-5 miles a day will be enough and heavy weight lifting. (Depending on how much body fat you have of course). I would suggest monitoring your body fat & muscle gain by getting body scans like DEXA or InBody. Home devices are very inaccurate
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    What kind of "weight training" are you doing and how much protein are you eating?
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    YOur gut will be the last thing to go mate, settle in and make peace with that knowledge. As a poster above, who went to the trouble of looking at your diary and so on said, you need to log properly and consistently and depending on the size of your gut, for a looooooong time before you see a change there.

it IS frustrating because we all want to be flat gutted and NOW, but unfortunately, not possible.

Good luck though, and remember that slow and steady wins the weight loss race.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Humans gain fat in their gut first and that's the fat we lose last (if ever...)
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    Being disgusted with yourself isn't productive. And it's only been 2 weeks since your last post.

I took a quick look at your diary, and you aren't logging what you eat regularly or accurately. Do you have a food scale? You need one.
    The first step is to be honest with yourself about what you're eating and log it, that means weighing everything (even prepackaged food) in grams, and using accurate database entries to log it. You can add entries yourself if you don't find one that fits. And this is a good reference: https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list

And read this - it helps:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Then settle in for the long haul. This really does work with determination and patience.

Thanks. It's time to learn to do this right. Thanks again for the info.
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Siege_Tank wrote: »
    I know the reason I’m not losing my God it’s because I’m not watching my diet and doing enough cardio. I would have thought the weight training I’m doing would help contribute to losing the good but it seems it has been. I’m really disgusted.

I take that back. Edited to say: Whoa buddy, so much ice cream and days that when you *do* actually log, are all ice cream, dunkin donuts, and basically a carb fest. What did you expect would happen? Ice cream is fun, but damn, once a week bro..

Here's a link that might help: tdeecalculator.net

Thanks for the link! Yes, I know... I have a problem with the ice cream. :(