Calorie deficit

I feel plenty full and don’t feel the need to eat anymore but I’m still only hitting about half the recommended calories in a day. some days I am sluggish others I’m not but I’m getting about 1200-1300 in daily and can’t budge it

Replies

• robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Start including some nutritious calorie-dense foods like nuts and seeds
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    What foods are you eating?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    How long have you been eating this way, and what has your weight done during this time?

Are you using a food scale? Double checking that the entries you are choosing in the database have accurate calories listed?

What is your height and weight?
  • jjsponge7
    jjsponge7 Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2019
    Daily food looks like this
    Meal 1 (246)
    74-Eggs
    150-oats
    2-café
    20-BB

Meal 2 (280)
    210-tuna
    60-avocado
    10-salsa

Meal 3 (145)
    25-broccoli
    20-green beans
    75-chicken
    25-carrots

Meal 4 (300)
    115-quinoa
    170-salmon
    15-s. pepper

Snacks
    80-apple

Dessert (176)
    148- scandal-less ice cream
    28-strawberries
    Extras
    5-gum
    2-cafe
    Total (1201)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,554 Member
    edited July 2019
    From my limited exposure to tuna and avocado I admit to being a little bit confused. Is this oil soaked or water packed tuna? How many grams of tuna are you using? And how many grams of avocado?

The previous question about your current height/weight/age/sex, how long you've been eating like this, and how your weight trend has responded... would all still be pertinent before people can offer you meaningful suggestions!

Also, since you're posting in the maintenance sub-section, is your goal to maintain, gain weight, or lose weight?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Are you using a food scale? those entries do seem low/small.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Are you using a food scale? those entries do seem low/small.

Or he/she might not be updated the portions and might just be adding the entry without updating the weight or ounces?
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    60 cals of avocado is about a mouthful - are you sure you are measuring right?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 wrote: »
    How long have you been eating this way, and what has your weight done during this time?

Are you using a food scale? Double checking that the entries you are choosing in the database have accurate calories listed?

What is your height and weight?

Quoting myself for emphasis :smile:

OP, based on your follow up post, we really need these questions answered if you want helpful ideas or suggestions.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I don't see any condiments, sauces or oils for cooking. Do you really not put anything in your oats? (If so I don't know how you do it. My oats have about 10 add-ins for taste.)
  • jjsponge7
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    The egg, avocado and chicken numbers seem low to me.

It’s whites, 1/4 avocado, and 4OZ or two tenderloins of chicken

• jjsponge7
    I don't see any condiments, sauces or oils for cooking. Do you really not put anything in your oats? (If so I don't know how you do it. My oats have about 10 add-ins for taste.)
    Lol yeah no condiments other than hot sauce and just water for steaming veggies and cooking oats
  • jjsponge7
    All of my entities are weighed and measured properly each time I add them
  • kimny72
    If you're not willing to answer our questions and/or open your diary, this is all anyone can tell you:

If this has only been going on for a couple of days, it's no big deal to not have much of an appetite sometimes.

If this has been going on for more than a couple of weeks, and if 1200 cals is a deficit for you, and you haven't been losing weight, then you are eating more than you think.

If this has been going on for more than a couple of weeks, and if 1200 cals is a deficit for you, and you are losing weight, you should try eating more calorie dense, easy to consume foods like cooking oil, salad dressing, nut butter, etc. If you physically can't eat enough to maintain your weight, or mentally can't convince yourself to eat enough, you need to schedule a checkup.

These are all vague generalities based on the little info you've given. Best of luck.