Today I Learned...

Replies

• yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    TIL
    Acetaminophen (Tylenol) induced liver toxicity is more common in people who fast. I fast 19 - 20 hours a day and see a bottle of extra-strength Acetaminophen tablets right here on my desk. D'oh!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    TIL that Nike had conditions before giving rookie Michael Jordan a record contract: Either be rookie of the year, or average 20 ppg, or be an all star, or sell $4 mill worth shoes in a year. Jordan was rookie of the year, scored 28.2 ppg, named all star, and Nike sold $100 mill of shoes in 1984-85.
  • cee134
    yukfoo wrote: »
    TIL
    Acetaminophen (Tylenol) induced liver toxicity is more common in people who fast. I fast 19 - 20 hours a day and see a bottle of extra-strength Acetaminophen tablets right here on my desk. D'oh!

Is it because you need to eat when you take it?
  • cee134
    TIL that the phenomenon of "Rickrolling" became so popular that that on 1 April 2008, YouTube pranked its users by making every single featured video on its front page a rickroll.
  • yukfoo
    edited July 2019
    TIL
    We have telescopes that could detect a bumble-bee's energy signature on the moon.
  • cee134
    TIL that Mister Rogers was bullied as a child. "I used to cry to myself when I was alone," he said. "And I would cry through my fingers and make up songs on the piano." As he grew up, he decided to always look past the surface of people to the "essential invisible" within them.
  • cee134
    TIL that rapper Danny Boy (from House of Pain) loved the book and movie adaptation "The Outsiders" so much that he bought the house from the movie in Tulsa, Oklahoma and turned it into a museum for his personal collection of Outsiders memorabilia.
  • Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    edited July 2019
    TIL That I'm not actually fully Japanese, my parents are not my parents, my name is Mei Rin, I have a sister named Linhua, and my life is a lie! :smiley: It's a lot to take in, but wowwwww I'm a bit happy about it!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    TIL that my boyfriend has been lying to me and has an alcohol and gambling addiction.
    Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. buh bye
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    TIL that my boyfriend has been lying to me and has an alcohol and gambling addiction.
    Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. buh bye

Oh, that sucks 😕
  • TBaebs
    TBaebs Posts: 10 Member
    Celsius conversion to Fahrenheit.

C*9/5 +32=F
  • cee134
    TIL that Subway chicken was DNA tested by a Canadian firm and was found to only contain about 50% chicken, with much of the rest being soy filler.
  • cee134
    TIL that jams are made from actual fruit, jellies are made from fruit juice. Preserves have chunks of fruit, conserves have dried fruit or nuts, and marmalades have peel and pulp.
  • cee134
    TIL a brain injury sustained during a mugging turned a man who used to think "math is stupid" into a mathematical savant with a form of synaesthesia that lets him see the world in fractals.
  • cee134
    TIL That all of McDonalds’ delivery trucks in the UK, have been running on used cooking oil from their restaurants since 2007.
  • yukfoo
    edited August 2019
    TIL
    In 2001, Pizza Hut became the first restaurant chain to deliver to space
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    TIL
    To who?
  • yukfoo
    edited August 2019
    TIL
    If you removed all the empty space from the atoms that make up all the humans on the planet, then you could fit all 7 billion of us inside a single apple. This astonishing discovery that atoms are mainly empty was made in 1909 at Manchester University by the indefatigable Ernest Rutherford
  • yukfoo
    edited August 2019
    TIL
    To who?

Yuri Usachov Back in 2001, Pizza Hut became the first restaurant chain to deliver to space, reports BBC. The pizza was sent the International Space Station (ISS) onboard a resupply rocket.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pizza-on-the-international-space-station-2015-2