August ~ 3 Things Challenge!

CaityGracie67
CaityGracie67 Posts: 64 Member
Hi all! Since a new month is nearly upon us, it's the perfect time to set a new challenge and achieve some goals! So this August I'm going to challenge myself to reach a goal weight by focusing on 3 things/habits I want to achieve, and I invite you to do the same! They don't have to be the same goals as mine so feel free to join in and make your own. I encourage you to let these goals reflect different areas of life e.g. food/nutrition, exercise, lifestyle etc.

The idea behind this is that, by being specific with your goals/habits, together we can strive to achieve them!

This is just a place where you can track your progress, get some tips, and also be accountable on your journey. If you want then you can do daily weigh-ins, but also feel free to just check in every few days to update everyone on your progress. To join just simply comment below.
So let's support each other and do amazing things this month!

Here is the suggested template:
SW:
GW:

Goal #1:
Goal #2:
Goal #3:

1/8 -
2/8 -
3/8 -
4/8 -
5/8 -
6/8 -
7/8 -
8/8 -
9/8 -
10/8 -
11/8 -
12/8 -
13/8 -
14/8 -
15/8 -
16/8 -
17/8 -
18/8 -
19/8 -
20/8 -
21/8 -
22/8 -
23/8 -
24/8 -
25/8 -
26/8 -
27/8 -
28/8 -
29/8 -
30/8 -
31/8 -

Replies

• CaityGracie67
    SW: 61kg
    GW: 55kg

Goal #1: Stop eating/snacking after dinner or when I'm not hungry (substitute with a cup of tea if I need)
    Goal #2: Exercise daily - I will be doing Chloe Ting's Ab challenge as well as walking daily and attending the gym when I can
    Goal #3: Make healthier food choices (choosing vege/fruit and also choosing smaller portions of the more classical 'unhealthy foods')
  • Tizwiz7
    Tizwiz7 Posts: 11 Member
    SW: 182.6 as of 29th July
    GW: 174 by 31st Aug

Goal #1: Exercise for at least 20 mins a day
    Goal #2: Take my vitamins every sigle day (low iron & vit D are contributing to my fatigue)
    Goal #3: Drink 3 large bottles or 6 glasses of water daily.
  • CindyJoy1108
    CindyJoy1108 Posts: 2 Member
    SW: 149 lbs (7/29)
    GW: 135 (by 8/31)

Goal #1: “Clean” eating at least 5 days per week.
    Goal #2: Drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
    Goal #3: Some form of exercise for at least 20 minutes, 3 times (or more) per week.
  • Jannicke7
    Jannicke7 Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2019
    SW: 64 kg
    GW: 60 kg (by end of august, but ultimate GW is 58 KG)

Goal #1: Track all food and stay within calorie-budget
    Goal #2: Work out every day
    Goal #3: Meditate daily

So Happy to be part of this challenge!!! Wish you all a lot of motivation and stamina and achievement!!

Thank you, CaityGracie67, for creating this great challenge! :smiley: Also, drinking tea is an awesome plan! That actually helped me quit smoking years ago. :) I will try to use it instead of snacking now as well.

CindyJoy1108 I really like your goal with clean eating. Care to explain more what that means to YOU? :)

Tizwiz7 So nice to read that you are focusing on water-intake, thats super-important! Are you going to fill 3 bottles or refill one? I ask because I have difficulty getting enough water myself, even though I have a nice water bottle to motivate me. :)

• cjingles
    cjingles Posts: 11 Member
    What a wonderful challenge!

I'm starting fresh! i had great success previously, but life happened, I go out of the good habits and back into the bad habits. I'm a new mum and I'm struggling to make time to look after myself properly so this is a great new start for me. So my goals are really, really basic.

SW: 229.3 (7/30)
    GW: 225 (by 8/30--more would be great, but trying to start small)

Goal #1: Log my food accurately every day.
    Goal #2: Keep fruit prepped and available and snack on that rather than candy.
    Goal #3: Do one thing for me each evening (yoga, meditation, shower, weights, exercise) for 20-30 minutes.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    What a great idea! Thank you!

SW: 157.6 (7/30)
    GW: 153-155

Focus: rebuild fitness after lingering bad cold.
    Goal #1: Upper Body: T, R (or Sun)
    upper body/arms workout 2x per week
    stretches daily
    Modified Planks daily

Goal #2: Lower Body
    LB workout 3X/week, MWF (or Sat)
    stretches daily

Goal #3: Cardio
    Ex bike intervals - 15-20 mins every other day + walk 20 mins. MWF (or Sat)

Walk 60 mins on the alternate days.

• mollymom07
    mollymom07 Posts: 91 Member
    Super idea! Thank you!

SW: 150lb
    GW: 142lb

Goal #1: Stay on track with food for the whole of Aug
    Goal #2: Exercise 5 times a week
    Goal #3: Track all food
  • jujola11
    jujola11 Posts: 10 Member
    SW: 137.4
    GW by end of August: 132
    GW final: 120

Goal #1: Get 3 servings of veggies a day
    Goal #2: Exercise at least 2x/week
    Goal #3: Reduce/eliminate alcohol consumption for month of August (easy way to cut calories)
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    SW: 218
    GW: 208

Goal 1) track daily
    Goal 2) 3 workouts per week 30 mins each
    Goal 3) stay within macros five of seven days each week

Thanks for starting this - I need accountability, I’ve regained 40lbs since my bottom out after sleeve surgery; I can’t go all the way back and I’m uncomfortable - I need a kick in the dupa for sure!
  • leteesha614
    leteesha614 Posts: 3 Member
    SW:235
    GW:220

Goal #1:stop late night eating
    Goal #2:workout more
    Goal #3:watch what I eat

My weight has been up n down for years i recently got depressed and used food as my escape I was 219 now I’m 235 I need some motivation
  • leteesha614
    leteesha614 Posts: 3 Member
    I will be checking my weight every 2 weeks
  • jbyers877
    jbyers877 Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks for starting this. I lost 40lbs recently training for my first triathlon, but have stalled the race. Def need a swift kick in the rear and a goal to get going again. Will check in weekly when I visit the dreaded scale.

SW: 205
    GW: 195

Goal 1) bike 100 miles
    Goal 2) run 30 miles
    Goal 3) accurately track my meals and calorie intake
  • Bflydivaaa
    Bflydivaaa Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for this I need to get back in the game
    SW 305
    GW 280 I know it’s a lot but I’m a firm believer in aim high succeed high

Goal 1 Exercise daily try something new
    Goal 2 eat healthy as least 1 vegetable & water
    Goal 3 track my food
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Hey. This sounds like a good challenge for over this summer My SW is 13.10st and I would like to lose 6 lb or more this month.
    Goal 1 - eat healthy meals within calorie limit.
    Goal 2 - workout at least 4 times a week. (5 would be good)
    Goal 3 - NO junk or takeout for this month.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    I am in! I'm working on a number of new habits I want for for the rest of my life and this is a great way to remind myself to work on it every day!!

SW: 146.0
    GW: 142.0

Goal #1: Eat 40g net carbs or less per day - track on MFP
    Goal #2: Keep working on my C25K (3 days a week), other 4 days will be yoga, walking or biking
    Goal #3: Work on my afternoon sugar cravings via a distraction instead of just giving in.

Let's make August great!!
  • thedgree
    thedgree Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in :D I have been trying to slowly add positive habits to my life over the past few weeks and this will be a great way to keep it going when it, inevitably, becomes to easy to miss.

SW: 175
    GW: 165

Goal #1: Meet my daily step goal. Current goal is 4218 and end of August goal will be 6174.
    Goal #2: Go for two ten minute walks 5 days per week and go to the gym two days a week.
    Goal #3: Meet hydration goal. Currently set at 32 oz and intend to be at 64 oz by the end of the month.

Will likely be checking in daily to hold myself accountable.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    What a great idea! Thank you!

SW: 157.4 (7/31)
    GW: 153-155
    T🌀 W♻️ Th💠 F🍀Sa 🦋 Su M❄️
    Goal for week met:🗝
    Focus: rebuild fitness after lingering bad cold.
    Goal #1: Upper Body/Arms:T, R (or Su)
    UB workout2x/wk🌀
    Arm stretches daily🌀
    Modified Planks daily🌀

Goal #2: Lower Body: MWF (or Sat)
    LB workout 3X/week
    Leg stretches daily

Goal #3: Cardio
    Ex bike intervals - 15-20 mins every other day 🌀
    + walk 20 mins. 🌀47

Walk 60 mins on the alternate days

This has already helped me! I have a plan & a way to track it! Thank you!
  • tamaratrenjen
    tamaratrenjen Posts: 18 Member
    SW: 197
    GW: 187

Goal #1: Get at least 5,000 steps in per day (office jobs, am I right?)
    Goal #2: Hit the gym at least 4 days per week
    Goal #3: Continue to weigh food instead of measuring by size - (eg 1 cup can be 50g or 90g worth of food depending on how stuffed you make it!!)

PS if you are looking for a good food scale, try London Drugs - I love mine and I got it on sale for $30. I went for a nice glass one so I don't hate it sitting on my counter. Looks good and is a visual reminder to weigh my food!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    edited August 2019
    SW: 152.6
    GW: 130

Goal 1) track every bite daily
    Goal 2) 4 workouts per week 60 mins each
    Goal 3) fasting(600 cals) 2 days a week

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • CaityGracie67
    Female 20y
    166cm / 5"5
    SW: 61kg / 135lb
    GW1: 58kg / 127lb
    GW2: 55kg / 121lb

Goal #1: Stop eating/snacking after dinner or when I'm not hungry (substitute with a cup of tea)
    Goal #2: Exercise daily - I will be doing Chloe Ting's Ab challenge as well as walking daily and attending the gym when I can
    Goal #3: Make healthier food choices (choosing vege/fruit and also choosing smaller portions of the more classical 'unhealthy foods')

1/8 - 60.7kg - Really excited to start, and it's so lovely to see how many people are wanting to join in! Today was pretty good and I started the day with my workout which was fun. I bought a cookie at lunch (not very healthy) and totally regretted it, but otherwise I was pretty healthy and stuck to my calorie counts. Also currently enjoying my tea instead of snacking which I'm really proud of! Would have been so easy to give in as I'm pretty exhausted but yay for tea! :)