New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• HelloAgainJenn
    HelloAgainJenn Posts: 3 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Ordered a sampler pack of Built Bars after seeing all the reviews; I tried the double chocolate mousse one today and I’m very mixed. I’ve noticed I’m more of a texture person than a taste person, which makes me like these (the texture, to me, is a lot like a dark chocolate 3 Musketeers bar), but the taste isn’t great at all. Very artificial, but I suppose for only being 110 calories it’s better than it could be. I won’t order them again, but I’ll be able to finish the box no problem.
    On a side note, if you guys like the texture of these Built Bars you’d love those chatila’s bakery chocolate e’toiles! Very similar texture especially in the microwave for 8-10 seconds, only the taste is a huge improvement on those!
    q3spke85x3tr.jpeg

I keep them in the fridge. Don’t like them warm.

Bought the mixed box first and discovered I liked coconut and raspberry best. I like the orange and strawberry too.

• Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Who cares if someone “woo’s” a comment! Trolls will be trolls. Such is life. Enjoy your foods people!

I wanted to sarcastically woo your post, then realized maybe that's too much nuance for a forum platform.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    zxeprtiidkd8.png

omg.
  • apullum
    glassyo wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    zxeprtiidkd8.png

omg.

Well said.

Y'all know I appreciate chocolate.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    zxeprtiidkd8.png

omg.

Well said.

Ooooooo you're the one with the whole rating system, right?

You should totally publish that.

On here.

For science.

And deliciousness.
  • apullum
    zxeprtiidkd8.png

omg.

Well said.

On here.

For science.

And deliciousness.

Can I count that toward tenure?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    zxeprtiidkd8.png

omg.

Well said.

On here.

For science.

And deliciousness.

Doubly so if it comes with samples. o:)

Also, the trader joe's ketchup flavored potato spud thingies are pretty darned good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    These look so good! qg8w2rd6y1bc.jpeg

I usually never get popcorn at the movies but this sounds delicious!

Those almonds look good.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member

I usually never get popcorn at the movies but this sounds delicious! j8gwl2my1ptx.jpeg

Woah. I'm not even a nut person and those look delicious! And that popcorn always teases me at Regal, but I cave in to the regular buttered one every time! Apparently it's a cheese-flavored oil and Cheetos mixed in :)
  • apullum
    edited July 2019
    zxeprtiidkd8.png

omg.

Well said.

On here.

For science.

And deliciousness.

Doubly so if it comes with samples. o:)

Also, the trader joe's ketchup flavored potato spud thingies are pretty darned good.

I'll include snack bags for my tenure review committee.

Those ketchup chips are on my shopping list, but I haven't made it to TJ's in a week or two.

Honestly, a lot of chocolate we've tried has been in the "meh" range recently: fine, not exciting, nothing we'd buy again. However, we were in Seattle a couple weeks ago and we toured Theo Chocolate. We got some scotch caramels, which I had mixed feelings about: I loved the two that were sweeter, fruity scotch, but the two earthy/smoky scotches weren't my thing. Unfortunately, these are only available at the Theo factory store.

fgv17xkhx6ud.png

We were also at Ginger Elizabeth recently. They have a Sacramento location and a new one in San Francisco. Their brownies are exactly what I want a brownie to be: very dense and fudgy. I've had good results replicating it at home with their recipe, which I underbaked a little and then stuck in the fridge to firm up: https://gingerelizabeth.com/pages/ginger-elizabeth-fudge-brownies

Their 43% dark milk chocolate bar is also very nice. I really like chocolate in this "dark milk" range (about 40-60%). https://gingerelizabeth.com/collections/snacks-and-jars/products/43-madagascar-couverture-chocolate-bar
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Who cares if someone “woo’s” a comment! Trolls will be trolls. Such is life. Enjoy your foods people!

I wanted to sarcastically woo your post, then realized maybe that's too much nuance for a forum platform.

There's a foodie/recipe poster that shall remain nameless that seems to get a "woo" Every. Single. Post. It's like someone insists on a woo tax.

Me? I embrace the woo. :o
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    edited July 2019
    @apullum I'm right by Seattle vacationing, just asked my aunt about Theo's chocolate, and now we're all going to go check it out, she agrees they're awesome! This trip is bad for my diet, at least my Penzey's splurge is healthy! I'll have to see where George Elizabeth is located and see how close it is to home. The only decent chocolate I've had lately is a peanut butter bucket from Rocky Mountain about 2 months ago.

Any Theo recommendations?
  • apullum
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @apullum I'm right by Seattle vacationing, just asked my aunt about Theo's chocolate, and now we're all going to go check it out, she agrees they're awesome! This trip is bad for my diet, at least my Penzey's splurge is healthy! I'll have to see where George Elizabeth is located and see how close it is to home. The only decent chocolate I've had lately is a peanut butter bucket from Rocky Mountain about 2 months ago.

Theo milk chocolate and their "standard" 70% bar are my favorites. But if you take the tour, you will get to sample all the flavors and choose your favorite :)

Also check out the crumpet shop in Pike Place Market for breakfast if you're in that area. If you go early, they shouldn't be busy. Then, head downstairs to Indi Chocolate. Their chocolate chip cookies are excellent.

Ginger Elizabeth in Sacramento is 3 or 4 blocks east of the state capitol.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

In addition to Theo (one of my faves!), check out Seattle Chocolate Co
    https://www.seattlechocolate.com/
  • apullum

In addition to Theo (one of my faves!), check out Seattle Chocolate Co
    https://www.seattlechocolate.com/

And they have a handy shop in Sea-Tac airport :)
  • tiredmommy17
    tiredmommy17 Posts: 46 Member

I usually never get popcorn at the movies but this sounds delicious! j8gwl2my1ptx.jpeg

I’ve had the Cheetos popcorn at my theater a while ago. It’s flipping amazing!!!
  • tiredmommy17
    tiredmommy17 Posts: 46 Member

I’m local to the area you’re visiting. Frans is a much better chocolate place!
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member

Theo milk chocolate and their "standard" 70% bar are my favorites. But if you take the tour, you will get to sample all the flavors and choose your favorite :)

Also check out the crumpet shop in Pike Place Market for breakfast if you're in that area. If you go early, they shouldn't be busy. Then, head downstairs to Indi Chocolate. Their chocolate chip cookies are excellent.

Ginger Elizabeth in Sacramento is 3 or 4 blocks east of the state capitol.

I go to Ginger Elizabeth in Sacramento for just for their French Macaroons. I’m crazy about macaroons and those are some of the best I’ve ever had. They have traditional and out of the ordinary flavors.