Weight loss

I wanna lose 5 kg in a month how would it become possible?

Replies

• Fatiawan
    Fatiawan Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2019
  • Fatiawan
    edited July 2019
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    1. Set your weight loss goal to the max (2lbs per week for we USA folks, would roughly equal 5kg over 31 days)

2. Follow the caloric intake suggestion.

3. See how you did.

Not knowing your current stats and all that, I'm just going to assume that it is a reasonable goal and you aren't trying to turn into a skeleton.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Chances are if you think you only need to lose 5k then the answer is there is NO safe way to lose that much in a month. You might be able to get the scale to go down a fair amount if you are currently retaining a lot of water but fat weight takes time and the leaner you are the more you risk losing muscle not fat by being highly aggressive.

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    that is a small amount of weight to lose, 11 lbs, probably will only lose only a pound every couple of weeks.
  • NovusDies
    edited July 2019
    Fatiawan wrote: »
    Don't u think 1200 calories in a day are more than enough🤔

1200 calories is the minimum number for a sedentary woman. It is not more than enough it is often too low.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member

5 kg in a month would be very aggressive weight loss, unless you are well over 200 lbs and obese. Without having any information about you... generally people can lose an average of 0.5- 2 lbs per week. The lighter and/or shorter you are, the lower the amount you should expect to lose. Otherwise you would need to under-eat and over-exercise and risk muscle loss, fatigue, and injury.

Go through the goal setup process here, log accurately and consistently, and I'd bet whatever is happening in one month will be no different if you lose 3lbs, 5 lbs, or 10 lbs by then.

Realistically, if 5kg is all you have to lose to be at a healthy weight, you should really be aiming for 0.25-0.5kg per week.
  • Fatiawan
    Ok..then I will continue my diet and exercise ..hope I will lose 3 kg per month
  • NovusDies
    Ok..then I will continue my diet and exercise ..hope I will lose 3 kg per month

If you provide your current weight, age, height, and activity level you will get better assistance. Without this information everyone is guessing at how to help you. When you said "in a month" in your first post I assumed you meant you wanted a crash diet. When you say "per month" it makes me think you just want to set your goals correctly.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Don't u think 1200 calories in a day are more than enough🤔

1200 calories is a low as MFP will go. It could be that's what will get you to a 5K loss in a month, or it could be what gets you to a 1K loss in a month....it's just as low as the site will go.

1200 is enough for petite and inactive women or elderly and inactive women, or petite and elderly women. If you're not short, sedentary and/or elderly, then you will likely be hungry.
  • Fatiawan
    Per month... I am new in doing all this stuff .. I thought it would be an easy job ..just 5 kg in a month.. 😂 i just need to lose 15 kg to reach my perfect weight
  • NovusDies
    Per month... I am new in doing all this stuff .. I thought it would be an easy job ..just 5 kg in a month.. 😂 i just need to lose 15 kg to reach my perfect weight

If you only have 15kg to lose and you tried to lose it in 3 months it would be anything but easy. You would likely have to nearly starve yourself the entire time.

You should be aiming for .5k a week so 2kg a month.

I suggest reading this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    It took me 2 years to lose 20 lbs, so losing 30 lbs in 3 months would be anything but easy.

You need more realistic expectations. Results like 10 lbs per month aren't typical, even for those with the most weight to lose. There's nothing funny about starving yourself for aggressively fast weight loss. Please take care of yourself.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member

Patience is a necessity on a weight loss journey. You didn't put weight on fast. You're not going to lose it fast.
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    ya need patience, probably you will not the result first time you do it. It takes time to learn to properly manage calories and food weighting with scale.
  • Fatiawan
    Ok thanks all..From now on i'll be patient.. hope soon i 'll get rid of this extra weight by exercise and good diet
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I like the way you think. 😉
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    I have around 10-11kgs to lose and I expect it to take nearly a year. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Fatiawan
    Can I eat pizza once in a month during my diet?