Not seeing results...

So I’ve been consistent with my diet and eating healthy food. I cut out sugar and am eating less carbs. For exercise, I am doing brisk walking because I hate running and sit ups daily. It’s been about a month now but I haven’t seen any reduction in my belly and it seems my weight is fluctuating. Any advice??

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Could you give us more info?

Age, height, starting weight, goal weight?

Are you filling out the food diary?

Are you weighing your food?

Are you staying in a calorie deficit?
  • pakeezakhan2661
    pakeezakhan2661 Posts: 10 Member
    I am 23, 5’6” and currently weigh 175 pounds. My goal is to be at 150. I do use the food diary daily and consume around 1000-1200 calories daily.
  • LyndaBSS
    edited August 2019
    Do you weigh your foods?

Why are your calories so low? What did mfp recommend?
  • pakeezakhan2661
    I don’t weigh my foods and this is what mfp recommended in order to lose 2 pounds per week I have to consume 1200 calories daily. Any advice?
  • LyndaBSS
    edited August 2019
    What did you set for activity level?

If you're eating 1000 calories per day, that's low for you. How are you figuring out how many calories you're consuming?

Buy a food scale. I think you're underestimating the calories you're actually eating.
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    I have to echo @Danp Your weight is all about calories in versus calories out. Track your weight but give it time- I found my weight actually went up the first week then bounced around before heading downwards.
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Some very good advice here and the fact that you're tracking what you eat will give you a good starting point to change things and hopefully get you into a deficit. Weighing everything is not for everyone. Some people find it quite laborious to have to weight absolutely everything out. I'm not one of those people and I guess over time you get used to it. However, if you're one of those who don't want to weight everything there are other things you can do. The first thing you have to understand and accept is that if you haven't seen your scale weight reduce at all in a month then you have not been in a calorie deficit. As others have said, you're more than likely at maintenance. What you now need to do is simply eat less. That should be relatively easy to achieve if you've been recording absolutely everything in MFP, and I mean everything. Have a look back over your diary and see what you might have been eating regularly that you can remove. Look for something that has around 200-300 calories and simply stop eating it. You might now be thinking "but I'm only eating 1000 - 1200 calories, how can I possibly remove another 300?". Well that brings me back to my previous point that you're more than likely eating more than 1200 calories if you're not seeing the scale move, or you're a complete couch potato, which I'm sure you're not. The other strategy you might like to try is to leave half of the food on your plate. So cook your normal meals but eat only half of it and leave the other half for the next day. Try either of those for another month and come back and tell us if the scales have moved ;)

Good luck.
  • pakeezakhan2661
    Thank you all for the great advice! :)
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited August 2019
    to echo the above - food scale, all foods.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10697068/how-i-stopped-kidding-myself/p1

With only 25 to lose, a rate of 2lb/week is a bit aggressive. while we all want to lose fast, sometimes trying to cut too many calories too fast makes it impossible to stay the course long enough to achieve our goal. So losing a bit slower (1-1.5lb/week) is easier (you get more calories to eat) and thus much easier to stick to for many months or more.

we also can't spot reduce. the first place we gain is often the last we lose. so the belly may sadly (depending on your genetics) be the very last place the fat goes away.