Women 200lb+, Let's Have an Amazing August!!!

Replies

• jom52
    jom52 Posts: 1 Member
    New to program; tried to start awhile back but health issues interrupted
    S / C 245
    August goal -10
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    laaloba wrote: »
    Hi All -
    I didn’t even know these groups existed. I’ve been logging for years on and off and excited to find I can chat with other members. 🤓

SW/CW: 243 (6’0”)
    Short term goal: 229
    Long term goal: 179

I’m 49. I’m the fourth of six (two sisters, three brothers.)

Survivor: I’ve had four cancers since I was 28, chemo, bone marrow transplant, radiation, ruptured L4 disc, back surgery, loss of beautiful mom 😞 and most awesome chocolate lab, two recent heart attacks.

Passions: mountain biking, kickboxing, triathlons, 80 hours toward my private pilots license.

Depression: I now have kidney disease from chemo and damaged arteries from radiation. I can’t even walk now without getting short of breath, severe sensitivity to sunlight and artificial light, lightheaded and dizzy.

Baby Steps: Gave up caffeinated coffee and salt after my 2nd heart attack in April 2019. I may need a bypass in September if I don’t pass a treadmill/stress test. 🙏🏻

I lean more toward not eating. It’s 1:45pm and I’ve only had Siggi’s Drinkable Yogurt. I have so much knowledge about nutrition, paleo, keto, macrobiotics, vegan, renal diet that I don’t know what the f@#k to eat. I love veggies but hate the buying, cleaning, chopping, cooking. I am vegan-ish. 🙃

My new mantra is water and veggies, water and veggies, water and veggies. I’d like to add walking to that mantra. Water, walking & veggies!!

I don’t believe in restricting. That sets me up for failure. I don’t obsess over scale.

If you’re in or near Marin come walk with me. I’m slower than a snail! 🐌

❤️
    Ree

Oh My Goodness! I commend you (applause) 4 cancers?! 2 heart attacks?!! you are welcomed to add me. I do walk 4-5 miles a day. Not a strict dieter, but I try to eat in moderation, less sugar and less salts.

You've been through so much, but you're still staying strong. Good for you!!! A day at a time, and just do your best. I am trying to include more protein in my eating, and that helps me. Occasionally, I cheat, but don't beat myself up. You stay the course!!! ❤❤
  • angiclarke
    angiclarke Posts: 6 Member
    I'd like to have an amazing August too!

SW: 279 lbs
    CW: 266lbs
    (long term) GW: 170lbs

August goal : 250lbs

I've been up and down and back up again for years but I'd like to make a proper go of it and could use some support and motivation!
  • perica786
    perica786 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm loving this little fitness journey of mine. I feel sooooo much better! I even sleep straight through the night. Nothing interrupts my sleep. I use to have a hard time falling asleep, toss and turn the entire night.

That has been one of the best parts so far, no more insomnia!
  • perica786
    SW/CW: 259.8
    GW: 160

Just signed back up for MFP after years, I've been in the 250s for a long time and need to change my habits and get this weight off!

Hoping to lose 5-10 lbs in August, get serious about logging and counting calories again and get in some physical activity just 3 days/week. Baby steps!

Baby steps are the best way to go!
  • perica786
    So does anyone else here struggle with NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) and is trying to heal it through diet and exercise?
  • BestCindyICanBe
    BestCindyICanBe Posts: 75 Member
    So happy I found this group! I am just restarting after being up and down.

SW: 213
    CW: 213
    GW 170

I work at a school and have the summer off. I go back on August 19. I have been lazy most of the summer and have finally gotten off my rear end. My goal for August is to walk every day.
  • RBloves8
    RBloves8 Posts: 5 Member
    Sw: 262
    Cw:240
    Gw:162

I started Mfp in Feb 2018 because I had tendonitis in my foot and wanted to try and not gain weight. I tracked for over a year and then slacked off. In Aug 2018 I joined WW. I was losing about a pound a week and then got down to 222. Then I would be up and then down. It would slowly go up. Then in Mar 2019 I had some health issues and went up to where I am today at 240. So I am trying to get back on track. I am gluten free and vegan. I am allergic to gluten dairy and eggs and decided to give up meat when I joined WW. My downfall is sugar. I love baked goods. I basically have to make them and then don't want to waste it so I end up eating a whole pan. I walk at least 8 miles a day for work but don't really work out. I am workig on that and trying to be better about it. I have a torn meniscus and having surgery in Sept so i want to lose weight before that
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Today blew up. I made a mistake, someone I like took the heat (and was nice about it so I feel worse), the person who blew up will be my boss next month apparently, our important software had a meltdown and the person who embezzled funds finally was arrested.

Like. I haven't even had lunch yet and I feel like a year has gone by. It's been a while since felt so strongly that I wanted to toss my chicken and beans and go for cheeseburgers. There are vodka drinks in the fridge and I've also been tempted to take a few. -_-

Last year I would have. Today I'll have to find some other outlet for stress.

Ugh that was my day yesterday! Not as significant as that though, just one of those days where everything that could go wrong and irritate you did. I tend to get sloppy and snack a lot when I'm stressed. So needless to say I did yesterday. I hope you evening is better! Maybe try forcing some healthy habits like going for a walk or a workout. Or just relax with a movie and a facial or something, sometimes I do that!
  • ShellyPru84
    ShellyPru84 Posts: 56 Member
    I would like to join in with y’all for August. I delivered my 5th child via csection on 5/1/19. I’m trying to lose a significant amount of weight. I’ve set a goal to lose 52lbs but my 36th birthday June15, 2020. It’s been a tough week. It was my wedding anniversary and I was off several days which meant eating out with my family. Luckily I exercised every day but I don’t expect a loss this week.
    SW: 295 ( on 5/1/19)
    CW: 271.8
    August GW: 265
    1 year goal weight: 223
    Can’t wait to see how August pans out. Good luck ladies!
  • mamaofscj
    mamaofscj Posts: 24 Member
    SW 230
    CW 220
    GW 200

Goal this week - daily working out and mindful better eating choices!
  • perica786
    I would like to join in with y’all for August. I delivered my 5th child via csection on 5/1/19. I’m trying to lose a significant amount of weight. I’ve set a goal to lose 52lbs but my 36th birthday June15, 2020. It’s been a tough week. It was my wedding anniversary and I was off several days which meant eating out with my family. Luckily I exercised every day but I don’t expect a loss this week.
    SW: 295 ( on 5/1/19)
    CW: 271.8
    August GW: 265
    1 year goal weight: 223
    Can’t wait to see how August pans out. Good luck ladies!

It’s ok to have celebration days, what matters is that you’re getting back on track. You’ve got this!
  • perica786
    Terytha wrote: »
    Today blew up. I made a mistake, someone I like took the heat (and was nice about it so I feel worse), the person who blew up will be my boss next month apparently, our important software had a meltdown and the person who embezzled funds finally was arrested.

Like. I haven't even had lunch yet and I feel like a year has gone by. It's been a while since felt so strongly that I wanted to toss my chicken and beans and go for cheeseburgers. There are vodka drinks in the fridge and I've also been tempted to take a few. -_-

Last year I would have. Today I'll have to find some other outlet for stress.

Sorry that you had a difficult day, maybe taking up kickboxing would be a good outlet hehe
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    shorewifey wrote: »
    Hi ladies! I don’t know where to start. Was recently told I have diabetes- it’s early enough to where I take oral medication; so I can change it now or inject insulin later on. I am lost and lacking my spunk. But I have no choice now. So I’m hoping to meet a friend or two or more who maybe can understand depression and attempting weight loss and the fight between them. :) here I am- putting my best foot in front of the other.

SW: 281.2
    GW: 250 - (1st gw )

I also have type 2 diabetes. I’m on metformin which made me feel very hungry at first. I strongly suggest meeting with a diabetes educator/registered dietitian. It helped me so much. In 6 months I have lost almost 50 lbs and have good control of my blood sugars.

Hang in there!! You can do this!

Connie in KY