Vegetable Free Meal Ideas

AlanFerrisMFP
AlanFerrisMFP Posts: 4 Member
Hello Folks

Wee post to generate meal ideas that are vegetable free. Particularly Lunch and Dinner.

TIA

Replies

• WSwalknLAC9000
    WSwalknLAC9000 Posts: 57 Member
    What are the benefits of vegetable free meals?
  • AlanFerrisMFP
    Oh sorry, should have clarified. I expect that there is no benefit whatsoever. In fact I am sure that all research and experts would completely support vegetables and rightly so. I just cant eat them.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    That is a difficult one.

Perhaps if you give us a list of things you can eat we could come up with some recipes for you.

For example can you eat Mushrooms, rice, pasta, what kind of meats can you eat etc.
  • AlanFerrisMFP
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Hello Folks

Wee post to generate meal ideas that are vegetable free. Particularly Lunch and Dinner.

TIA

Anything you want, minus veggies.

Perfect. Thanks.
  • AlanFerrisMFP
    That is a difficult one.

Perhaps if you give us a list of things you can eat we could come up with some recipes for you.

For example can you eat Mushrooms, rice, pasta, what kind of meats can you eat etc.

Any meat is good. No veg at all. No issues with rice or pasta
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited August 2019
    Shrimp and grits (or rice or pasta)

May I ask, do you just not like veggies?
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited August 2019
    -pasta with meat and cream sauce. Like beef stroganoff.. sans mushrooms and onions I guess?
    -red beans and rice but no onions, tomatos, or peppers.
    -chicken noodle soup- chicken, broth, and noodles only.
    -beef and noodles- beef, broth, and noodles only.
    -cheesey grits and eggs
    -omlette with cheese, and ham, sausage or bacon
    -eggs and toast
    -biscuits and gravy

It would be helpful to know it it's ALL veggies you can't/won't eat. Or just certain ones or groups. Like greens, or nightshades, root veggies, etc. Like can you eat potatos? peppers? corn? what about legumes such as peas and beans? I find it hard to believe that you are restricted to not eat any vegetable whatsoever. If in the event you really can't eat anything classified as a veggie... then your options are basically meat, pasta, rice, and milk/ dairy, beans and fruit.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Does 'veggies' include fruit?
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Not all vegetables are equal. Is it allergies to some or preferences or what?

You are pretty much stuck with eating meats and grains with water or cream based sauces
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I'd be curious about the resctriction OP actually has.

I have a severe pollen allergy which result in cross allergies to all raw fruit and veg. I can eat fruit and veg as long as it is cooked or at least microwaved 30 seconds, which breaks down the protein molecule that triggers my particular allergy.
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    I'm just a picky eater so this drew my attention. 96% lean ground beef or chicken fajita meat on thin corn tortillas with fat free cheese and hot sauce. Add fat free beans if you like. Chicken & dumplings. Homemade pizzas, chili, potato soup (technically a veg I guess) with cheese and bacon. Buffalo chicken wraps, no lettuce of course. Burgers. Ravioli soup with ground beef.
  • beckys19
    beckys19 Posts: 119 Member
    I do a stir fry with chicken/turkey breast and apples. No particular recipe. I just cube up the meat, and peel/ slice apples (about 50/50 by size), spray pan with oil, cook apples until slightly tender, remove apples. Add a little more oil, cook chicken until done. Add apples back. Reduce heat to med-low, add some soy sauce, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice. (ginger and cinnamon are key, but I like to toss in the others also). Depending on the apple you may have to toss in a teaspoon or so brown sugar (like for Granny Smith). Serve with rice.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Grilled meat and fish.
    Stir fry minus the vegetables.
    Omelettes.
    Chicken in the oven with rice (cook the chicken based on any recipe you like, when almost done, add 2 cups of wamr water in the baking dish plus 1 cup rice and continue baking for 10-20 mins, until rice is done to your taste).
    Roast beef.