Fitbit Versa?

Anita672
Anita672 Posts: 32 Member
Hi all, I have been a Fitbit One user for years and I have been wanting an upgrade but there are so many negative comments online about the Versa. Any advice? I like the look of the Versa as I want to wear it to work and I want a calorie burn. Any advice or experience? Thx.

Replies

• Anita672
    Anita672 Posts: 32 Member
    Thanks, Sizco. There are just so many negative comments and this will be a big $ purchase for me. I’m glad to hear a positive comment!!
  • sizco30
    sizco30 Posts: 15 Member
    Buy from Walmart or amazon I got mine for 169 instead of 199 here recently. If you don’t like it you can return it.
  • tammyfrank1974
    tammyfrank1974 Posts: 10 Member
    I love mine!
  • mmcantorj
    mmcantorj Posts: 1 Member
    I love mine.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    i love mine but i realize it's kind of overkill in some ways. you track sleep and steps and you are really never taking it off. i got a weird rash on my wrist that was likely from it being wet from sweat or my constant hand washing and had to take it off. now i just wear it during the day. i think for me it is great but i really mostly interact with it through the app so i could have done any of the models that displays the steps. it has a great screen but i'd prefer to charge it less and just see steps.
  • mommy1518
    mommy1518 Posts: 2 Member
    I just bought one today. Liking it so far.
  • stephtra49
    stephtra49 Posts: 168 Member
    I’m looking at upgrading to the Versa from the charge 2! What I like is you can upload 300 songs to the watch so you don’t have to carry your phone with you while you are exercising! It also allows you to track your route!
  • gbits
    gbits Posts: 1 Member
    I've had mine since Christmas and love it. I don't track sleep, and mine has the cloth band. No troubles with rashes etc - and it's worked perfectly for the past five months. I love it.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I recently bought the Versa Lite and a leather band from Amazon. I've happy enough with the way it looks once I replaced the band and I've been happy with the Versa Lite's capabilities. The tracking seems accurate enough.

That being said, my Vera Lite's display stopped working yesterday. I got it on May 1st, so its been less than a month. I contacted support and they are sending me a replacement. I'm just hoping that I had a bad piece of hardware and that this won't set the precedent for future Fitbit quality.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 650 Member
    rhaiin wrote: »
    I recently bought the Versa Lite and a leather band from Amazon. I've happy enough with the way it looks once I replaced the band and I've been happy with the Versa Lite's capabilities. The tracking seems accurate enough.

That being said, my Vera Lite's display stopped working yesterday. I got it on May 1st, so its been less than a month. I contacted support and they are sending me a replacement. I'm just hoping that I had a bad piece of hardware and that this won't set the precedent for future Fitbit quality.

I had the same thing happen to mine, I have the Versa but not the lite version. After I had it for a week, the display quit on me. They are in the process of replacing it but I hope this isn't a bigger problem. Support was good though, they replaced it with no issues.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    kcpond wrote: »
    rhaiin wrote: »

I had the same thing happen to mine, I have the Versa but not the lite version. After I had it for a week, the display quit on me. They are in the process of replacing it but I hope this isn't a bigger problem. Support was good though, they replaced it with no issues.

Same. I had told support what was going on and what I had tried to do to fix it. They got everything sorted out within 10 minutes. I now have my new Versa Lite and it is working fine so far.
  • mloupagu
    mloupagu Posts: 8 Member
    I love mine! You can put different watch faces on which is fun. I just discovered one flaw though, taking the band off and on. It is NOT easy at all and there are lots of complaints online. After breaking a few nails I finally got it back on but what a pain!
  • shaunbroyhill1
    shaunbroyhill1 Posts: 2 Member
    I've had mine for about 3 months now, and have had 0 issues with it. It has been a great investment for me.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    stephtra49 wrote: »
    I’m looking at upgrading to the Versa from the charge 2! What I like is you can upload 300 songs to the watch so you don’t have to carry your phone with you while you are exercising! It also allows you to track your route!

@stephtra49 I'm thinking of upgrading my Charge 2 to the Versa so I can add tracking for swimming, how are you finding it now you've had it a few months?
    Any other noticeable benefits?
  • a_aubriee3619
    a_aubriee3619 Posts: 14 Member
    I just got the Lite version and I love it except for the fact that it is so sensitive on the step counter it’s saying I’m doing way more than I am. Kind of makes me question how accurate everything else is.
    Also, I’ve heard many people say they’ve had problems with the display after swimming with it and completely drying it like they say to.. anyone try swimming with it yet?
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited August 2019
    My husband went for the Versa and I got a charge 3, we went swimming yesterday and his was spot on for length count but mine overstated by 3 - we only did 16 so it was a short swim. He hasn't mentioned any problems.
  • dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    I love my Versa and the ability to monitor heart rate and quality of sleep.
  • ZoieMcIntyre
    ZoieMcIntyre Posts: 1 Member
    Hi a_aubriee3619. Don’t worry about the step counter, I bet in the long run everything works out not badly. I have had Timex, Polar and Garmin watches, they are no better with steps. Garmin was the worst. Personally, from having HR watches before I know that I won’t be wearing mine in the water. Most high end HR watches you turn off the HR monitoring before you get in the water. I just got a Versa Lite for Christmas and I have not seen any information that it tracks lengths so it might not be a great idea to swim with it. I read lots of bad reviews about it being in water. Maybe ask Fitbit before you do 😊
  • sisu_gal
    sisu_gal Posts: 1 Member
    I did some research on this because I used to be a triathlete and was hoping to track my swims. Versa or Versa lite do not track swimming. Saw it on the Fitbit website.