NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited July 2019
    @theslightedgeforever, it will be interesting to see how the carb cycling works for you. You know that we appreciate it when you are willing to be our guinea pig. :D;) Glad to hear that your mammogram came back all clear!

@trooworld, you really do need to set up goals that are challenging but also attainable so that you don't lose heart. I look forward to seeing what your new word will be. I for one find you very empowering! <3

@joannadavison, good luck with getting your teen girls to help with the cleaning and decluttering. That has to be a challenge! :D I'm finding that the harder I work at decluttering and cleaning my own house the more I miss the days when I worked out in my home gym. My body hurt a whole lot less than it does now. ;)

its_cleo, glad to read that your cat is doing better. Good job on balancing out your calories! To me, that is the key to sticking on a plan that will work. In WW we talked about living a lifestyle vs. just losing weight. To be successful you have to do what works for your lifestyle. I think you are doing great! :)

@trishastime, we must be long, lost relatives because we share the same organizing gene! :D The strips of paper wrap around two corners of a box. I do the same with the green duck tape. The front bedroom is everything I'm not sure what to do with and just need it stored out of the way until I figure it out. The breakfast room will hold all my knick-knacks and other accessories because we don't have a breakfast room table and chairs yet and that space will be empty. I have movers moving us and I am determined to make this their most efficient and quickest move so that they don't make a fortune on us. :D
    tnops9c4uq6b.jpg

I am writing this evening instead of the morning because I will be out straight all day tomorrow. I'm going into work early tomorrow morning so that I can get everything done so I can take off Friday. I spent most of today in my kitchen. Kitchens sell houses or so they say and mine is going to be perfect as long as people don't stare too hard at my cabinets which need repainting, but not going to happen by me!

I went to WW this morning and my weight stayed the same as last week. Considering that my muscles are so sore and tired from all the work I've been doing, I am happy to have not had a gain. I have lost 5.4 lbs this month which is the most I've lost in any month so far this year. I think it's obvious that my body likes me doing IF and low carb so I plan to stick with that for the time being. :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @trooworld You whisper back to that little voice. Yes but it's better than the X out 7 I got last week. We can only quiet down those bully voices in our head if we stand up to them. Can't wait to see your new goals. Each time we do something is a learning experience. You learned you need a bit wider birth on your goals. I'm trying to come up with specific goals vs just exercise.

@joannadavison I showed my daughter the website about Durham today. She says we've got to go there Mom. So maybe one day. She turned 28 today. She always mentions she and Harry Potter and JK Rowling share the day. I remember using stickers when the kids were young. You would never know it by their rooms as adults. Not my business anymore. Although I still have my own stash to sort through. That's on my list too. Just make you a good plan and remember to throw in some fun stuff during the R and R. Kind of like food plans. Most of the time needs to be healthy and then we get to eat cake or something because life is meant to be enjoyed not just a bunch of checklists that we need to get through.

@its_cleo What if you lowered your expectations and got 90/100. Mini goals as you gradually increase. Sort of like slowly turning up the heat on a pot. Success breeds success. Keep the momentum going. That's great your cat is getting better well, more stable. The good news is that you are getting a handle on balancing the calories. One day it will show up in some looser clothes and of course the best thing is good blood test numbers.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @renaegry Great job on getting in your 10000 steps. What can you do tomorrow to make sure your eating is on par?

@teresaw1020 I love the colorful moving supplies. I was like oooh green duct tape. I'm such a child. My moving experience is similar except I write the room it's going in on the box with a big black Magic Marker. lol Then on moving day I'm an aircraft controller. It looks like you found a good eating plan for you. Here's to a successful August.

Well I have my meal and exercise plans all worked out for the first week of Aug. I'll be working on week 2 during this week. Now all I have to do is execute the plan. That seems to be where I fall short. Going to take it day by day and meal by meal if need be. I can do this.
  • theslightedgeforever
    OK, that's weird. Twice I have written a post to @renaegry and @teresaw1020. Replying to you both. Basically the same messages each time. Twice it has been removed. The word police doesn't like one of my words evidently. So for now i'm just saying hi to each of you.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @joannadavison Thank you! Good luck with the reorganizing. As far as the motivation for the gym: can you set up a reward system for yourself? Say, if you go x amount of times per week, you will give yourself some sort of treat? It doesn't have to be something of monetary value. I used to give myself things like an hour of uninterrupted reading, or a leisurely stroll, or coffee with a friend.

@its_cleo Thanks! Yes, indeed, 50/50 is better than zip! Reaching for goals is helpful. I also love beer lol. Going for a run might help your stress?

@renaegry That's fantastic that you got 10K steps in! WTG!

@TeresaW1020 Oh, I'm not changing my word until 2020...empowered is the word for 2019 ;) . The GOALS changed. I like how you organized/color coded your moving! That should help. You are doing great, you won't lose every week.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for that, you are right.

Hi gals. Okay, I've made my new August goals, see below. I think they are much more attainable than July goals were. How did I do on July goals? Not so good. I gained a lb instead of losing two, I didn't track 6 out of 7 days, and I didn't drink 100 oz of water a day. BUT...I did do those things more than I did the month before, so that's good.

EMPOWERED.
    August goals: track 4 out of 7 days, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Good morning all. Didnt quite make 10k yesterday my daughter had gymnastics camp so that was 2 Hours in a vehicle then instead of taking in a run or walk while she was there I chose to bring work along. Then it was my hubby and mine 15th anniversary yesterday so we went to Yorkton for supper which was another 2 hour in vehicle. Eating wasn't to bad but did splurge on 2 caesars. The next 4 days are going to be filled with booze and will try somewhat healthy eating. It's a long weekend here and Temps are suppose to be in the 30+C. Things will get back more to normal after the weekend and definitely back to normal come September when the kids go back to school and we are done at the lake. Can't wait to get back into routine. Excited to start strength training since we got our weight set.

My August goals are to drink my water I try for at least 75oz per day, run 2 days a week or more and to not gain any weight and to hover around 149.

@trooworld great goals for August

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hey all

@TeresaW1020 those labels make me want to move lol. It just looks like fun. Yeah kitchens are important. It's funny I was looking at places online this week, just daydreaming, yeah and the kitchen and bathroom are the two I narrow in on. Losing 5lbs in a month is incredible.

@theslightedgeforever yeah I'm just trying small things. Like one of the things I did was I went to Chipotle for a burrito and I had it without rice, and without sour cream, which brought calories down by 300. That's great you have your plan. Re MFP- I think it's been wonky today/yesterday a bit. So that may be why your post disappeared.

@trooworld I love the goals.

@renaegry enjoy the long weekend. Jealous you're at the lake. I'm stuck in the city.

Well I couldn't go for a run yesterday because my legs were way too sore from the gym. They're still sore today but I might try anyway. Then gym later with my trainer, upper body day. My shoulder is a better but still not 100%.

Still on calories for this week, so I'm cautiously optimistic I can make it through the week.
  • trooworld
    @renaegry Happy anniversary!!! I think your goals are very doable. Enjoy your vacation!!!

@its_cleo Thanks! I'm glad your shoulder is better, I hope it continues to get better.

Hi gals. This weekend is going to be very busy, so I don't know how much I will be on here: tomorrow, my hubby and I are actually going on a date! We haven't gone on a date in a long time. We are going to go to Little Italy for an early lunch and then go to a pop-up art installation/museum. After that, we will probably go to Costco as we are joining finally. And then we will get ready for Sunday. Sunday, we are having my husband's mother, sister, and brother over for brunch. We have to shop for food, hang art and clean the condo. Have a wonderful weekend, I will pop in if I can!!!

EMPOWERED.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Hi there.
    I'm enjoying a sneaky iced soya latte with my girls. Been to Roman Army Museum & Vindolanda (which is a part excavated Roman Army Camp & town- currently has the 'summer dig' with archaeologists & volunteers)- It's about an hour & half drive. Went with my youngest, my cousin & her son (he's visiting from Luxembourg) had really good time. Picked up eldest from the Uni Sports Centre where she's been volunteering for 2 weeks at thw Holiday Camps.
    Crazy weekend ahead- youngest at Police Cadets tomorrow at some fun day & eldset goes of to Sea Cadet Summer Camp on Sunday. At least next week I'm not running around after both!!
    @renaegry happy anniversary
    @theslightedgeforever those burritos sound good. Harry Potter filmed at Durham Cathedral & Alnwick Castle (about 40 mins away)- Alnwick was a teacher training college before it became a degree course & my Aunt studied there- her Grandkids think it's hilarious that she went to Hogwarts- planning on taking them there during next 2 weeks
    @trooworld I'll have to get to gym next week sometime- I have PT session on Wed so will be there. At least I've got a loy of steps in visiting places.

Apologies if I haven't caught everyone- got to dash so eldest can get ready for cadets- it was so much easier when they were little!
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    GM everyone

No loss for me this week GRR - but I understand why.

@trooworld - Great goals for August. You are tracking so much better, so please do not be hard on yourself

@TeresaW1020 - LOL - That is so me - you just need a mud map of the house pinned to the door, so they do not get it wrong. When I bought this house some 10 years ago - I bought it because of the kitchen and ensuite ( I went through 105 houses before I chose this one)

@renaegry - happy anniversary - that is a long way to go to dinner. Is it a special restaurant for you both.

@theslightedgeforever - Love that you are always our guinea pig :) Good news about the mammogram - that seemed to be a long time before you got your results. I think I mentioned before that I get mine on the same day - although that is in a private clinic.

@joannadavison - Hope you can find some time for yourself with you crazy time over the weekend

@its_cleo - hello ;) sometimes it is hard to get here if there is alot going on at home. I am finding that I do not do as well with healthy eating, if I do not check in - hence my opening sentence above.

Hello to @cbabie - hope your wrist is doing okay

Hello to @gemwolf110 - I hope you are finding the fresh start you mentioned

Take care
  • theslightedgeforever
    Quick check in here. I’ve had two successful days of eating, water, and exercise. Big stickers. Woohoo!

I’ll catch up tomorrow
  • TeresaW1020

@trooworld, glad you’re not changing your word! I think your August goals are good and attainable for you, which will make you feel empowered! ;) I hope you and hubby have a great date!

@renaegry, happy anniversary! There is something about having too much fun that will make you long for your routine, isn’t there? Enjoy the lake! :)

@its_cleo, haha!! Don’t move! :D I’ve been looking at houses online to compare them to mine. The lack of cleaning and organizing some of these people do before showing their home is truly amazing. My kitchen and baths are the best part of my house since we did full renovations on all three. I’m just really praying that someone will fall in love with my style! 😊

@joannadavison, You have been having fun!! But I can imagine that running kids around all day can get very tiring. How many kids do you have? :)

@TrishasTime, girl you know that I will have a map pinned so that the movers know where they are going! :D Wow, looking at 105 houses!! I guess we did that too before we bought this one. We spent almost every Sunday going to open houses. My new house, I looked at about 5 of them in the same neighborhood and bought my favorite. :D

@theslightedgeforever, OK, we will see you tomorrow! ;) How is your sister? Please give her our love. <3

Good morning! :) It's another day of cleaning and decluttering. Yesterday, I finished the kitchen and decluttered and rearranged my living room knick-knacks. I'm loving the clean, open feel that I've created and think I will carry it over to my new home. My house has a modern and minimalist vibe but over the last 7 years more and more things have snuck their way in and now they have to go!! :p I can't work all day in the house today because this afternoon a few from my church are going over to a men's rehab center to fellowship and play some games. I bought a ton of snacks for them which I will NOT touch! :)
  • trooworld
    @joannadavison It sounds like you have a busy weekend! I hope you find some "me" time. :)

@TrishasTime Thank you. I'm sorry you didn't see a loss, but hopefully, next week will be one.

@theslightedgeforever big stickers? Yahoo!!! Congrats!!!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I'm just worried about the timing of it all: we have to be at the restaurant at 11 for a reservation, and we have to be at the museum at 1 for a reservation (they do it by reservations). So, if my husband is pokey at all...it could be trouble! lol I've heard kitchens sell houses so it's good you reno'd yours. Stay away from those snacks, girl! ;)

Hello gals. I've got so much to do today and I'm supposed to be enjoying a day with my husband. :/ I don't know how we are going to get it all done. We have to go on a date, then go shopping for the brunch items, then come home and hang the art and clean the condo. Eek! That's a lot to do. My in-laws are coming for brunch tomorrow at 11.

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @trooworld enjoy your date! That sounds fun, I love artsy stuff. And brunch also fun :) I'm sure if all the art doesn't get hung up it will be okay.

@joannadavison the Roman museum and dig sounds interesting...how old would the excavation site be? I'm in Canada, we have nothing so old and no castles either :(

@TeresaW1020 I'm sure everyone will love the snacks. Good luck with the cleaning and decluttering.

Well I was on track for calories this week then the weekend hit lol. A had a couple of drinks last night and then a friend asked me if I wanted to go out for drinks tonight. So I hadn't budgeted for that in my calories. So right now I am 100 over for the week.

But I feel really good about myself keeping it so low. And last night I had 2.5 drinks, normally I might have had more but I held off because of the calories (plus not wanting to drink too much), no takeout. So those are successes for me in terms of changing the habits at least.

The other thing that I hadn;t counted on- I bought some cherries and I thought they were the regular kind bought they were sour cherries. So I couldn't really eat them so I ended up making just a general crumb cake with them. So I only had two pieces over two days but it bumped up the cals.

I get a little frustrated at working so hard and still being 100 over, so then I get tempted to say oh well and have some chocolate cake or something but trying not to.

Nevertheless long weekend here and I'm just kind of relaxing. I need some new tops for the gym so I may splurge and buy a couple. I love gym clothes, they make me feel like an athlete even without exercising lol.
  • theslightedgeforever
    I stayed within my food boundaries today. Walked for 35 min in the mall. 32 min of weight lifting and stretching. Then 70 min of working out in my yard. I really built up a sweat. I had lots of trimming up overgrown plants and raking, etc.
  • trooworld
    @its_cleo I love artsy stuff, too! We actually got the art hung up and it looks really nice. :D I know what you mean about new gym clothes. Dressing the part really makes a difference!!!

@theslightedgeforever You are doing great!

Hello gals. My date was really fun. Lunch/brunch was delicious and then we stopped and got a coffee which I promptly dropped before we even got out of the coffee shop lol. They made me another one free of charge. :) Then we walked down to the art installation and walked through it. It was really cool. It wasn't art you could hang in your home, but it was neat to experience it, it was interactive art. Okay, now I have to make a pie dough for a quiche, make a fruit salad and go get some flowers so I'd say I have a busy day!!!

EMPOWERED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Am I the only one that doesn't like beer? Great job on setting some goals for August. Our main focus will always be filling the gap between where we are right now and where we want to be. How was your date? Did you make both reservations? I love artsy stuff too.

@renaegry Enjoy the lake while you are there. Balance out your eating and your movement while at the lake so you can maintain like you want. That sounds so relaxing just being at the lake. Then when you return you can hit it hard using those weights. Great August goals. Happy anniversary.

@its_cleo So how can you use labels like Teresa's for eating healthy? Is it the colors that attract you? For my carb cycling, I'm using a spreadsheet with colors for each column. Each week is a bit different. But I have 7 columns for my days with either red, yellow, or green. Then I have 2 additional columns for weight lifting plans. Upper body is blue, lower body and arms is purple. Great idea on dropping the rice out of the burrito. It's the little changes in our lives that will give us the big results we want. So now you know always have a little calories squared away in your calorie bank in case someone asks you out for drinks. Those are the little things we learn over time. But look how many days you went staying on track. Good for you. Yes retraining our thinking takes time but it's so easy to say, now I'm over my boundary might as well go big or go home. But then I read in a book once that just because we have one flat tire doesn't mean we need to go out and slash the other 3. Then it takes a whole lot more effort to get back on the road again. So I'm learning that lesson too. I like wearing just a sports bra when I do my weights. Well, I do have bottoms on too. lol Those motivate me. I like to pretend I'm on the cover of muscle and fitness.

@joannadavison All those places you mentioned sound like fun places to go to. Ha on your aunt going to Hogwarts. My daughter who is an avid HP fan said, that looks like the HP castle. I said, there are lots of castles over there. I'm sure it just looks that way. Now I have to tell her it's one of the two. lol I should know better than question her on HP stuff. We were the family going to bookstores at midnight when they released the books. lol Did you set some August goals?

@Trishastime 105 houses? ;) So this next weigh in will be a better one, right? A little tweak here and there. Usually I have to wait a week for my mammogram results. One year I had to get a biopsy and it took two weeks for the results. I worried every single day. Now I'm learning worrying about things I can't control is useless. I can acknowledge my feelings about it by journaling instead of eating. The current 100 day book I'm doing has taught me I have more emotional eating problems than I thought. Up to Day 70.

@gemwolf110 Sounds like you are busy with movement as you get your house ready. What's happening with food choices? Do you have any August goals for them? Yes on that decluttering feeling.

@teresaw1020 Tomorrow: I know I said it twice probably didn't I. Maybe I should just use the word someday. lol My normal routine got messed up when I usually check in and had to make the decision where to prioritize my time. Other than lose weight, what's your basic August goal? I sent a message to @cbabie to see how the wrist is and to say we need her back in the group. Her last text to me was wonky, so I still see she is having a hard time typing. lol

I think I want me to go buy me some Bento boxes. I love those. So another good day of staying in boundaries. It was an exercise rest day but I drank all my water. So another big sticker day.

• TeresaW1020
    @its_cleo, good job on controlling yourself when you went out with your friends. A sour cherry cake sounds super tasty! Such a bummer that we can’t really enjoy treats like that without excepting that our scale will go all rude on us. :/

@gemwolf, decluttering is a good feeling. We are really enjoying how clean and organized every little inch of our house is and vowing to keep the new one just as decluttered. How long do you think that resolve will last! :D I hope your house sells quickly and above asking price! <3

@trooworld, I’m so glad that you had a fun date with your hubby! I love going to art shows and wish I did it more often. The girl who is our youth interim is an incredible artist. We are wanting her to do something for a large wall that is in the new house. I just love the idea of having something that is original and made just for our space. :)

@theslightedegeforever, how’s the carb cycling going? I like your color-coded spreadsheet! My August goals are to I drink all my water. I also need to get back to tracking as well. I’ve been seriously slacking with all the other stuff I’ve been doing. :#

Good morning ladies! :) It’s Monday, which means I need to go to work and actually do something other than stress over this house! :D We have pictures being taken Wednesday and then it goes on the market. Open House on Sunday and prayers that it’s sold by Monday!! I went to my church potluck last night and while I tried to behave I still ended up eating too much and the scale is up wayyy more than I wanted to see this morning. As I told theslightededgeforever, my water drinking hasn’t been up to what it needs to be and I haven’t been fasting as long as I normally do either. So, I have got to get back in the flow and NOT undo all the progress I've been making. :#
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever lol you might be! ;) Actually, one of my best friends can't stand it either. My date was wonderful. It was a lot of fun. It's been a long time since we've actually left the house to spend time together lol. We did make both reservations but we were late to lunch. I called to tell them we would be late but it turned out that they were empty so there was no need to even make a reservation (it was farmer's market day in Little Italy and a lot of people were at that). The restaurant was a unique experience: I ordered one of their handmade pastas (the little ear pasta which I can't spell lol) and they finished it off table-side in a cheese wheel: they poured the bowl into the giant cheese wheel and swirled it around it, chunking off pieces of the cheese so it went into the sauce. The sauce was lobster bisque with shrimp and asparagus. It was delicious!

@TeresaW1020 You should get her to do something for your new place! There is nothing like having a unique piece of art for your wall. We bought a metal installation piece for our wall off Etsy (I'll attach the photo) and we love it! It really adds to the living room. Best of luck with the open house and pictures and I hope your house sells really quickly!

Hello gals! Yesterday's brunch went really well. My in-laws loved the new condo and the food was delicious. Hubby and I are getting a little sick of Trader Joe's meals so we decided to join Costco. We stopped by there after the brunch and got our card and I bought a couple of meals. Hopefully, we can have a little variety. Costco sells these "protein noodles" that are made out of Alaskan pollock so they are very low carb. I looked up the reviews and they are supposed to be pretty good so I think I will buy some.

EMPOWERED.

2ad66kr0c64e.jpg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all!

Yes I have been missing in forever. Still don't have good use of my hand. Been in therapy, 1 week. They now have me still in my mobile cast and compressed glove. The swelling in my fingers doesn't want to seem to go down. The wrist is still fractured. Sucks to get old. I refuse to think I am old. I won't even try to catch up on post. I wanted to check in and my goal will be to get on here everyday, even if it's just to say hi...but I intend to get this part of my life back....

cbabie