WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    My bad knee is flaring up again. Boo! It did this a couple of weeks ago and then got better. I forwent my run and just hobbled off to the shops. Lamb, spinach and pea curry tonight.
    Did my exercises this morning and then some writing. Hooray!

Feel very quiet after the last few days and rather tired. Had a quick nap on the sofa.

Rori - I do believe in the power of the mind, if not necessarily in Reiki etc. When I was working in Mexico for a month in 1993, I met a 'white witch', a young man, who completely cured my painful ankle in a couple of minutes by the power of suggestion. I could not believe it! I wish he was here to sort out my ****** knee. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Alcohol/Wine alternatives for parties or to bring along to get together or even at home with meals -(For those trying to cut back or ditch the bottles with time) 1. Flavored Sparkling Water 0cal Nestle Splash or other brands
    2. Club Soda
    3. Sparkling Juices
    4. Non-Alcoholic “ Mocktails”
    5. Non-Alcoholic versions of Apple Beer
    6. Diet Coke
    7. Water - Add fruit to lemons
    8. Teas
    9. Sugarfree juices
    10. Fre Alcohol removed wines

Not an easy rode but any changes help.
    Amber Tx

Being allergic to alcohol/wines/balsamic vinegars I know all the alternatives out there by now.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Connie: sorry to hear about you mom's health issues.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    pyuakrwz7m0z.jpeg
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    cmsavells wrote: »
    Connie: sorry to hear about you mom's health issues.

☘️ Terri

Thank you for everybody’s kind words about my mom’s diagnosis. She had biopsies done today. We already know it is cancer, but this will let the doctors know our treatment options. She tolerated the procedure well and is home resting. My sister is currently sober and staying with her today. We find out more next week.

Just chilling out the rest of the day.

Connie in KY

Connie - ((big hugs)) <3 I'm guessing mom's health right now means your sis being in a hurry to sell the house (if I'm remembering right) will take a back seat - at least until you get a better handle on what's coming?

Lanette
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    I think my trend is down for July but not a lot. Too many special occasions and limited exercise. I started to rehab my hip so hope that August will be better. Aiming for 159 by Sept 1, from about 165 now.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Welcome Barbara So Cal!

Okie
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Welcome Maureen and Barbara So Cal- You are in the right place! Lots of ideas, advice, room to vent and shoulders to cry on, here! Barbiecat is our "mother hen/fearless leader" who wrangles all of us chickies and brings us to each new thread at the beginning of each month. This is August. Remember to bookmark the page by clicking the empty star that is on the same line as the title (it will turn color). We are chatty. Don't feel you need to follow everything closely. During busy times the majority of us skim and comment where we feel moved to do so. You can do this!

Pip- You are so cute! B) I imagine you as a little firecracker/ball of energy.

Childcare day coming to a close. Kids are still napping, though. I will be heading to the library after the last kid is picked up, then out to get my shopping done for next week. Tim told me to "don't wear anything too tight." I replied that my options are limited as I am overweight and asked if he had a burka for me. >:):Do:) lol (he didn't find that funny) I also suggested that he could go shopping with me and we could be like those cute little old couples that like to shop together. I even told him it would be so romantic! He didn't agree with that, (this would not be my top choice either). C'est la vie. KJ
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    KJ - I've also used the "come with me to the store" strategy. That settles him down lol. Especially when I come home and tell him I ran into Mrs. So and So and she told me all about her husband's bunion surgery and I go into detail. I am mean >:) He turns the TV volume louder, lol.

Lanette
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    KJ - That must be us you have seen shopping together. We are really cute. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Welcome Maureen and Barbara So Cal- You are in the right place! Lots of ideas, advice, room to vent and shoulders to cry on, here! Barbiecat is our "mother hen/fearless leader" who wrangles all of us chickies and brings us to each new thread at the beginning of each month. This is August. Remember to bookmark the page by clicking the empty star that is on the same line as the title (it will turn color). We are chatty. Don't feel you need to follow everything closely. During busy times the majority of us skim and comment where we feel moved to do so. You can do this!

Pip- You are so cute! B) I imagine you as a little firecracker/ball of energy.

Childcare day coming to a close. Kids are still napping, though. I will be heading to the library after the last kid is picked up, then out to get my shopping done for next week. Tim told me to "don't wear anything too tight." I replied that my options are limited as I am overweight and asked if he had a burka for me. >:):Do:) lol (he didn't find that funny) I also suggested that he could go shopping with me and we could be like those cute little old couples that like to shop together. I even told him it would be so romantic! He didn't agree with that, (this would not be my top choice either). C'est la vie. KJ

Awwwwww, thx! U r cute 2, and u r right I AM cute, lololol, no, I am a firecracker!!!! People tell me all the time
  • pipcd34
    sewhfxmc1vqd.jpeg