HELP PLEASE!!! I WANT TO EAT A KEBAB SO BAD!!

2»

Replies

• Hanzy99
    Hanzy99 Posts: 13 Member
    lgfrie wrote: »
    When MFP tells you how many calories to eat, that is not maintenance calories - that is how many cals per day to eat in order to lose however much weight per week you told it you wanted to lose. If you already told it 2 lbs/week and it spit out 2,000, then eat the 2,000.

How you divide up the calories during the day is irrelevant, as far as weight loss is concerned. You could eat all 2,000 of them in a pizza in 10 minutes, or 6 small meals throughout the day. But ... whether you remain motivated and calorie compliant for the 6 weeks is another question. What you are talking about is Intermittent Fasting (IF) - using all your calories in a confined period of time and fasting the rest of the time. I like IF (and do it every day) but it is not necessarily the best way to start. Many people fall off the IF wagon, whereas a simple 2,000 calorie diet of eating normal but managed meals and snacks is easy to comply with.

Nothing wrong with kabobs. Perfectly suitable for a 2,000 calorie per day diet. I love kabobs.

Cheers mate cleared it up for me well 😊
  • Hanzy99
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Hanzy99 wrote: »
    wow thanks for that. So what your saying is 2000 cal goal is to lose 2lb per week wow. I’m crazy I don’t even reach my 2000 cal goal. , my calories per day is 1700 lol and that’s 1300 less than maintenance. What if I’m eating the correct protien and macros, going to the gym to strength train and 10 min HIIT training on a empty stomach. Surely that will try sustain most of my muscle and shred off the unwanted fat (lower abs, pecs, arms, love handles and thighs) I’m near enough 180/190g of protien per day which is something I believe is vital to keep and sustain muscle. Thanks for your reply much appreciated

Not if your goal is too aggressive. If you are close to goal (lower body fat level), your body will go to muscle as well as fat more easily.

Have you actually been losing or did you just start? If you've actually been losing, how much per week?

I’ve been eating clean and training for 6/7 weeks (5/6 times a week). I’ve never tracked my calories but now with this app I’m starting to log in everything a there’s a goal there for me to reach. I’ve lost almost stone as I was 14st 5 stone and now I’m 13 stone 8. My body fat decreased by 9% but still with some vascularity and abs in showing (this without counting calories and not using the app). Want to shred that extra little fat left and I think 12 stone 8 pounds is a good goal for me. I’m 13 stone 8 now currently, 19 years old, 6ft. 6 weeks - 1 stone - 2lb per week - 2000 calorie goal - with training 6 times per week (strength x4 and football x2) LETS GET TO WORK BABY

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Are you sure you have it set to lose 2 pounds a week? If MFP is saying you should eat 2000 calories a day to lose 2 pounds, that would me your maintenance calories would be 3000 calories per day. That just seems pretty high
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    Are you sure you have it set to lose 2 pounds a week? If MFP is saying you should eat 2000 calories a day to lose 2 pounds, that would me your maintenance calories would be 3000 calories per day. That just seems pretty high

Why does that seem pretty high, the average for a sedentary male is 2500 so 3000 isn't so hard to believe of a young male who is training.

I can burn around 3400 on an active day (rowing and weight training) and I am a 36 year old female. OP is only 19.
  • Hanzy99

I’m 13 stone 8, 6ft and 19 years old. I think 3000 maintainence is correct as I’ve worked it out online and it showed as 2990 to maintian weight
  • Hanzy99
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

For his age and height, it sounds about right.

OP, others have warned you about the aggressive deficit, so I'm not going to continue beating that dead horse. I do suggest that you continue focusing on the strength training, eat at a more reasonable deficit. In 6 weeks you will be looking and feeling great. Is there a scale at the entrance to the wedding that if you aren't at the right weight they won't let you in? Don't get so locked in on the number, sounds like you've done pretty well up to this point. Enjoy you weight loss. Enjoy the wedding.

Haha want to look a little toned and slim that’s all. I may bring a weighing scale to the wedding and get everyone counting there calories.. lol I probably eat 5000 calories that day... 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Hanzy99
    NovusDies wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    My goal was to lose 2lb per week. I’m 19 years old weighing 86kg (13st 6lb) I want to get down to 12 st 6lb in 6 weeks, we’ll near enough a stone. So the 2000 cal goal is to lose weight which is set by MFP. If I want to lose 2 lb how much cal do I need then?? Thanks for the help lemurcat

You should not try to lose a stone at your weight in such a short amount of time. If 12st or thereabouts is your goal weight you need to be losing about .5 lb a week or you risk losing muscle instead of fat.

MFP thinks you maintain your weight at 3000 calories which is why you have the 2000 goal because you asked for 2 pounds a week. 2 pounds per week requires a 7000 calorie deficit or 1000 calories per day. Again if you are that close to your goal you could look WORSE trying to lose weight fast because it

wow thanks for that. So what your saying is 2000 cal goal is to lose 2lb per week wow. I’m crazy I don’t even reach my 2000 cal goal. , my calories per day is 1700 lol and that’s 1300 less than maintenance. What if I’m eating the correct protien and macros, going to the gym to strength train and 10 min HIIT training on a empty stomach. Surely that will try sustain most of my muscle and shred off the unwanted fat (lower abs, pecs, arms, love handles and thighs) I’m near enough 180/190g of protien per day which is something I believe is vital to keep and sustain muscle. Thanks for your reply much appreciated

No amount of protein or strength training will protect your muscle. Your body has a limit to how much fat you can metabolize in a single day to cover your calorie deficit. When the limit is reached your body will still need energy and it will turn the muscle that you worked very hard to build for it. There is no way to know for sure how much you will lose but if you were to lose a stone half of that could be muscle.

Hmm good point.. so what your suggesting is cutting my calories to lose 1lb a week and not 2? Just to save myself from losing muscle and gains from strength training.

Also what macros percentage do you guys have... I have between 130-150 grams of carbs a day and that doesn’t seem to be enough... not enough energy and feel sleep.. think 2000 calories is going to be hard to be maintian but not giving up this early
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

For his age and height, it sounds about right.

OP, others have warned you about the aggressive deficit, so I'm not going to continue beating that dead horse. I do suggest that you continue focusing on the strength training, eat at a more reasonable deficit. In 6 weeks you will be looking and feeling great. Is there a scale at the entrance to the wedding that if you aren't at the right weight they won't let you in? Don't get so locked in on the number, sounds like you've done pretty well up to this point. Enjoy you weight loss. Enjoy the wedding.

Haha want to look a little toned and slim that’s all. I may bring a weighing scale to the wedding and get everyone counting there calories.. lol I probably eat 5000 calories that day... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh, I'm sure the guests would just love that! :D

Remember, the wedding is just one day, just one meal. Relax and have fun. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Oven/Grill Ready Beef Kabobs are 31% off at my Whole Foods this week...

I might get the Teriyaki, add pineapple if they don't already have it, and serve with Thai jasmine rice.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    Eat more. Have more energy. Save muscle.

that's it in a nutshell.

Oh and do not take food scale to wedding. :*
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    And even so, that would be a crappy wedding gift. :D
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I might get the Teriyaki, add pineapple if they don't already have it, and serve with Thai jasmine rice.

That is not the great British kebab. A kebab in the UK is an elephants leg turning around hour after hour in the kebab shop. It contains a mystery ingredient, in that no one knows for sure what its made from, could be your next door neighbour for all you know.

That is then sliced up and put carefully on a cheap pitta bread and some paltry salad bits with chillis hot enough to burst your bum open, its greasy, carby, and tasty, even though its sort of not. Only to be consumed after several pints of beer and then thrown up later at the bus stop.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    nooboots wrote: »

That is not the great British kebab. A kebab in the UK is an elephants leg turning around hour after hour in the kebab shop. It contains a mystery ingredient, in that no one knows for sure what its made from, could be your next door neighbour for all you know.

That is then sliced up and put carefully on a cheap pitta bread and some paltry salad bits with chillis hot enough to burst your bum open, its greasy, carby, and tasty, even though its sort of not. Only to be consumed after several pints of beer and then thrown up later at the bus stop.

Hey there are plenty of actually great British Kebabs, some of the local takeaway I went to back home had lovely mixed kebabs (Steak, Lamb & Chicken) with Mediterranean wraps and fresh salad and pickled chilli peppers. *drool* they only do the kind you speak of above here in Cork - I miss decent kebabs!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    nooboots wrote: »

Aha! That is not at all a US kebob. The closest we have preparation-wise is gyros or shawarma, but those don't have the late night associations yours does.

US style:

Hawaiian-Chicken-Kebobs-Recipe-750x498.jpg