Women 200lb+, Let's Have an Amazing August!!!

Replies

• Making_Impossible_Possible
    Making_Impossible_Possible Posts: 194 Member
    edited August 2019
    SW - 212.6
    CW - Will post this August 1st
    GW - 150

Goals for August:

•Get to 199. Cant wait to be back under 200.
    •Cut down on snacking, still having a hard time with this.
    • Exercise for 30 min 5 days a week.

Feel free to add me! Here's to August!

1st SW - 215.0
    2nd SW - 212.6
    CW - 205.4
    MGW - 199.8 or lower
    UGW - 150ish

On day 4 of Keto and I still have a massive headache. I have it all day, when I go to bed and still when I wake up. Hopefully these will go away soon.

Goals this month
    • Stay low car for the 2 weeks I told myself I would.
    • Keep walking 30+ minutes a day
    • No pantry raiding late at night (I've been really good about this this week)
    • Aim for 10,000 steps a day.
    • Get to 199.8 or lower
  • kellyjheath4221
    kellyjheath4221 Posts: 14 Member
    SW: 204
    CW: 170.4
    GW: 158

My third month in this group! I can’t believe I am so close to my goal weight. Yet, I’ve been feeling very tired of eating 1300 calories/day the past week or so. I know that I will want to continue to lose past my goal weight because it’s the upper limit of my healthy BMI and I’d rather be nearer the lower limit....but I am dreading continuing on with 1300 calories/day. Trying to decide what I want to do...either take a maintenance break when I reach my goal or lower my weekly weight loss goal so my calorie goal will be bigger. I do recognize that a lot people lose steam around 3-6 months but I’m not giving up, I’ve come too far for that!

I did fairly well meeting my July goals. I have continued to lose weight every week. I’m staying hydrated. I am managing my stress better with yoga. I am now able to do tree pose. I still struggle to get enough sleep every night though. I average about 6-6 1/2 hours a night...with a day here and there between 7-9 hours.

Goals for August:

•Continue to strength train 2x week, attempt to bump this up to 3x/week this month
    •Master dancers pose and start working on wheel pose (these are intermediate yoga poses)
    •Continue to aim for 7 hours of sleep a night
  • Hi, all! My name is Michelle, & I'm from the beautiful Fraser Valley in southwestern, BC. I live about an hour east of Vancouver. :smile:

Like some others, I've never before been part of this group. I measure my weight in kg. I can't remember my starting weight, although I do know that it was lower than my weight is now. So I'll just use my current weight as my starting weight, just so that I have something. As for my goal weight, it might need to be adjusted, but I'll put it as I've had it for a while because I want to be part of this here now. I can always adjust it later, I assume. :smile:

SW: 100 kg
    CW: 100 kg
    GW: 64 kg

Goals For August:
    ~continue to eat healthily, although don't be afraid to give in to a craving when it first attacks (that was I just eat a little bit of something instead of letting the craving build up to an unbearable amount, which'd lead me to overindulge).
    ~bike at least half an hour a day, a minimum of four days a week, going for longer rides when it works out.
    ~maintain a healthy, balanced diet when I'm working as well as when I'm off (I work straight nights, & it can be hard to keep up healthy eating when on my shifts).
    ~try to sleep at least hours a night or day (depending on whether I'm working or off).
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    mamaofscj wrote: »
    Feel free to add me, always looking for more support and motivaters!

Getting back on track after falling off tends to be my issue. I know how to lose the weight, I’ve done it before, so I can do it again. MFP helped me lose 50lbs 7 years ago, kept it off for a year...but have slowly put it back on.

7 years ago 180lbs
    April 2019 SW 230 lbs
    CW 219 lbs
    GW 200 lbs (then 180 lbs)

August goals:
    Log everything
    Get 30 mins of exercise minimum 5 days a week
    Get to 215 lbs on the scale

I'm told (by a mentor of mine recently (athlete who has run for decades), that the first 30 minutes doesn't really burn the fat, but you have to add 30 after that at least) - to jolt the system even more. I'm planning a longer water jog, if you want to see more results, try to up the 30 minutes. Maybe 1 hour 4 times a week. Just a thought.
  • IsETHome
    SW 334lbs
    CW 306lbs
    GW 180ish
    Ready to find my motivation again gained 9lbs back going to push myself to stay with in my calories and get myself off the sofa

Suggestion: Make a note of what is authorized to watch (and or social media time), post a list of what that is, set a timer, then get up. create couch rules if you will.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    So I’m down to 196, which means I lost .6 pounds in July. Considering I was up 2.5 pounds for most of the month, that’s not bad.
  • IsETHome
    Hi. I am new. I am a 39 year old mother of 3 girls (8, 10, and 13 years old). I did MFP 3 years ago and lost 60 lbs. Then I got depressed and regained it all and more. My metal health is much improved the last few months and now I am working on my physical health.

I am a vegetarian (for 27 years) and have to work around a lot of food allegies, too.

SW: 260 on 5/25/2019
    Cw: 238
    GW: 180 (or less!)

My biggest challenge is after-dinner snacking. I can eat 500+ calories after 7 pm... More when I was depressed.

My August goal is to keep whittling away at those snacks and eat a better breakfast instead. My weight goal for August is 228. I am also close to fitting my size 16 pants and would love to get rid of my 18s like I already did to my 20s (which were getting tight at 260).

Create a back-up snacking plan. Pickles helped me a lot.... . Recommend scheduling exercise at peak snacking hours, or change your evening routine since it triggers a bit, if you watch TV at night, don't, maybe instead read a book where your hands are busy turning pages - ask your girls if they want to go for a walk, take one with you. Also, I'm sure you are on it, but check Vit-D deficiency. It can mimic depression and fatigue - I go deficient at least once a year due to lack of sunlight and indoor working and have to turn up the multi's/Vit-D.
  • IsETHome
    edited August 2019
    So I was trying to think "What does a lb of fat look like" I did some searching and found this to be quite reflective. Our fat has a density similar to olive oil....Sort of a motivator to me to lose....

I'm taking the answer from another blog post online:

Mark Hahn
    Mark Hahn, computer guy
    Answered Jul 3, 2015
    According to Density - The Physics Hypertextbook both body fat and olive oil have a density of .918 g/cm3. So a pound, 453.592 g, occupies 494.1 cm3, or a cube about 7.9 cm (3.11 inches) on a side. Similar to a generously full pint glass.

Soooo, for every lb of fat we are losing (or gaining), we are getting rid of a pint glass size of slushy olive oil fat. Wow....good visual.
  • beccaxsos
    beccaxsos Posts: 22 Member
    IsETHome wrote: »
    So I was trying to think "What does a lb of fat look like" I did some searching and found this to be quite reflective. Our fat has a density similar to olive oil....Sort of a motivator to me to lose....

I'm taking the answer from another blog post online:

Mark Hahn
    Mark Hahn, computer guy
    Answered Jul 3, 2015
    According to Density - The Physics Hypertextbook both body fat and olive oil have a density of .918 g/cm3. So a pound, 453.592 g, occupies 494.1 cm3, or a cube about 7.9 cm (3.11 inches) on a side. Similar to a generously full pint glass.

Soooo, for every lb of fat we are losing (or gaining), we are getting rid of a pint glass size of slushy olive oil fat. Wow....good visual.

Really good visual, Wow!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    IsETHome wrote: »
    mamaofscj wrote: »
    Feel free to add me, always looking for more support and motivaters!

Getting back on track after falling off tends to be my issue. I know how to lose the weight, I’ve done it before, so I can do it again. MFP helped me lose 50lbs 7 years ago, kept it off for a year...but have slowly put it back on.

7 years ago 180lbs
    April 2019 SW 230 lbs
    CW 219 lbs
    GW 200 lbs (then 180 lbs)

August goals:
    Log everything
    Get 30 mins of exercise minimum 5 days a week
    Get to 215 lbs on the scale

I'm told (by a mentor of mine recently (athlete who has run for decades), that the first 30 minutes doesn't really burn the fat, but you have to add 30 after that at least) - to jolt the system even more. I'm planning a longer water jog, if you want to see more results, try to up the 30 minutes. Maybe 1 hour 4 times a week. Just a thought.

Nope. Your body burns fat when you're in a deficit, not because you're running. Whether you run for five minutes or fifty, or zero, only that deficit matters.

Going longer will use up more calories and can create a bigger deficit, but the first 30 minutes aren't somehow magically ignored.
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Hi all, how was everyone's first two days of the month?

My goals were:
    1. Run at least 5 times -done both days
    2. Only drink three times - drank 3 glasses of red wine last night. None tonight!
    3. Eat under 2000 calories per day - think I managed yesterday, but ate out so my dinner was estimated.
    4. Only eat bread twice -no bread so far!

So overall I am quite pleased. Am also playing padel in an a bit, and swam earlier, so should be getting fitter, if not slimmer!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Hello everyone, I'd love to join for August!

I've been on MFP for years but haven't participated in this forum much and I would love to have a place this month to keep me focused and share progress!

SW: 252
    CW: 220
    GW: (for August) 215

Goals for August specifically: Keep hitting my Macros, Follow the exercise plan that my wellness coach laid out for me, and take measurements and photos.

I know the importance of measurements and photos in that they're something other than the scale to focus on in terms of progress. I just have never done them out of...I don't know, fear? So, I'm going to continue this commitment to myself and get them done.

@floofyschmoofer I, too, have lost a fair amount of weight and I don't think it shows, nobody notices, still in the same clothing size etc. Though, I'll admit the clothing fits a lot better! I'm tall, 5"10 and I believe that has something to do with it. Also this concept of Viseral Fat being the first fat your body works off is interesting. I've just begun to do some reading on that. It is often much less obvious fat loss.

Anyway, happy to "meet" you all
  • sweetirish
    sweetirish Posts: 70 Member
    Can I share this here? 258 to 238. I know I have lost weight but I feel like it doesnt really show.

8ypfzoatmrez.jpg

Is this the same shirt? I see less roundness in the belly area.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    sweetirish wrote: »
    Can I share this here? 258 to 238. I know I have lost weight but I feel like it doesnt really show.

8ypfzoatmrez.jpg

Is this the same shirt? I see less roundness in the belly area.

No, different shirt. Before on the left, after on the right.

• CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    How is everyone doing? I'm working on not falling into my sugar rabbit hole. I'm doing pretty good this week. No noticeable weight loss yet.
    However I did score an awesome used jogging stroller this week. So I'll be taking it and the kids out jogging soon. I'm excited. We used to go and run 2.5 miles, but with the new baby we haven't been out for a long time. Trying to get ready for our rugged maniac.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Came close to going to buy cheese popcorn at the pharmacy tonight because the craving was so strong. I decided to wait until morning to go pick up my prescriptions and I'll use the drive thru. First time I've had cravings like that since starting here 2 months ago. Dodged a bullet. 😀
  • davisagolding
    davisagolding Posts: 58 Member
    Davisa
    SW: 240
    CW: 240
    GW: 145 - 160

So happy to see this group. I have been so stressed and frantic for so long. I am settling in now and finally thinking more about me. My health is getting out if hand. Have never weighed this much in my whole life. 15 pds in the last 2 months added. So here is to losing 5 pds this month to start off. 🥤