WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    I tell Hubby someday will wear matching jogging suits together.He says No but I already got Green Bay Packers ones picked out he never says no to his team! I’m a Woman with a plan.

Filling Foods-
    4iwji71ht9s1.jpeg

Meal Prep Foods-

https://www.asweetpeachef.com/meal-prep-for-weight-loss/

Filling Meals that are low Calories -

Amber Tx
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    KJ-lol,told my daughter the same thing.
    Connie’s and Rebecca- my heart goes out to you both and prayers ❤️🙏.
    Debby In Va
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,023 Member
    Rebecca prayers for DDIL.

:heart: Margaret
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    :*
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    ft5d4l14xm5l.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member

Hi Gals,

Bananas – I get it. I am very concerned about our world and the choices made and options available. I focus on the things I can do myself. For a while on Earth day I spent money on something that would make a difference – that was how I paid for my double paned windows – I saved each year and in April I would have one more installed. And other such things. Things that would help me make a smaller foot print. Since money has been tight I have been unable to afford some of the bigger things, but still rinse and reuse bags, foil, take my own shopping bags. I read an article about how much more waste that the “fast food” drive through style food establishment create that a regular restaurant; that plus the calories have helped me kick that habit. I shop at my local 2nd hand stores for almost all my clothes and am delighted when I find the right thing…but I also try to have what I need but very little extra. I do check on the point of view of politicians and impact of laws when I vote but most of what I do is not very public.

Lisa - what the grant was for made me chuckle I know exactly what each one I write is for and was dancing a jig for a $25 one I got. I have yet to attack one over 2,000…..

Rori – What a mixed blessing. How long with brother be staying? I hope DH remembers him. He’ll be exposed to healthy eating at your house.

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

day 9 (mon-fri)
    no gym workout

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.25min, 14.5qmph, 139mhr, 1.55mi= 73c
    apple watch- 58c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 48.52min, 14.5amph, 150mhr, 11.83mi= 510c
    apple watch- 455c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.50min, 145mhr, 9.54min mi, .48mi= 59c
    apple watch- 54c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.19min, 9.42min mi, 149mhr, .44mi= 61c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.47min, 8amph ,147mhr 2.5mi= 202c
    apple watch- 133c

total cal 905
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Maureen- correct place we start a new thread with month y year on it every month to start a new. Welcome.

Carbon footprint 👣- I love reusable Tupperware because of that but wish mine was sectional.Saw some cheap ones but can’t rationalize buying $35worth if stuff just to get free shipping.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Irish Terri: I love your word for July, enjoyment. Excellent choice. I also think you’ve chosen excellent goals. :smiley:

Peach: Happy August backatcha! :wink:

RV Rita: Congrats n meeting your July goals. WTG!!!

Heather: What caused your bad knee? I don’t remember the details. I also have a bad knee. Mine is the left knee and I damaged in during a horseback riding lesson many years ago. My teacher was not using the thinking side of her brain when she had me posting in a circle at a trot the same direction for a whole hour. The inside knee took the punishment and I will always have this problem. The orthopedic doctor said that he wouldn’t advise surgery and sent me off with leg strengthening exercises. I found a better teacher and cope with the knee well enough. The discomfort is still noticeable but not as bad as it was at first. :ohwell:

Pip: You are beautiful! :smiley:

Rebecca: I’ll send good thoughts for your DDIL. Let us know how she does after the surgery. :flowerforyou:

RV Rita: Feel better soon! :star:

Lisa: Good luck with your grant application. I hope you end with it fully funded, or at the very least, well enough funded. :heart:

Rori: I hope that your brother turns out to be an excellent guest and you are able to enjoy some time together. :flowerforyou:

I just pulled up my bean plants and picked the remaining beans as I went along. They were planted in a u-shaped flowerbed beside our driveway. The beans are/were on the outside edge. I have blue wildflowers growing in the center of the bed that are loaded with honey bees. Seeing the bees enjoying the flowers makes me happy.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I need to learn to accept compliments, I suck at it, always making excuses, like oh, that was a day that I didn't work or ride so my face was rested or some other reason. so I will shut up and say thank you for the comp. u are very sweet to say that ;;; as I blush ;;;;
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    NYKaren – congrats on 4 years!

Connie – sorry to hear about your mom. My mother had breast cancer. Hope they find an appropriate protocol.

Down 3 pounds in July, hit my first goal. Hoping for two pounds this month. Focusing more on toning and strength. Still haven’t figured out final weight so I will just keep doing what I have been doing and see what my body thinks about it. I am in the upper end of healthy BMI. Have read some things that older folks shouldn’t necessarily worry about being under 25. But who knows? I mean, I don’t know from day to day if eggs are on the good list or back on the bad!

I do want to continue decluttering. It’s funny, but you make progress and then discover there is still more.

Ginny in Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did 2 segments of Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs DVD. Then went to Dollar General to get a knee pad and exchange the one I had for a different color. Unfortunately, their summer things are no longer on sale 50% off. I’m a bit surprised, I would have thought they’d want to clear out the summer things to make room for Halloween. Oh well….then went to Big Lots to get more Chips Ahoy for $1.10 (I can’t believe how many Jess eats), then to the farmer’s market for a Burpee Hybrid cantaloupe. Are they ever sweet.

The plan for tomorrow is to do a 30Minutes to Fitness Body Design DVD. This is a new one and I have no idea what it’s like, so we shall see.

Vince wants to go to PetSmart. We do need dry food. There are a few other things he wants to get. Then he wants to go to WalMart so on the way back we’ll stop to get gas for me. Personally, I’d like to go in the pool since they’re calling for rain later in the day. Vince has a meeting to go to this afternoon so that’s why he wants to get the shopping done earlier

Mary – thanks ever so much for information about putting the hot dogs/hamburgers in a pan to keep warm. I’m going to have to come in the house to put the cheese on them. Actually, most people will probably say that they don’t need their cheese melted.

Connie – so sorry about your mom. What horrible news!

Lisa – I should name my pounds too! They’re like a bad penny

Deb in VA – at your gs’s age, he’ll heal quickly

Barbara in SCal – welcome back!

Maureen – welcome! You’re in the absolute right place. What to post? Whatever’s on your mind. If it makes you feel better and more accountable, post goals and workouts. Share joys, sorrows, everything. Some people need to post all their workouts, that’s OK. Others don't

Rebecca – good news about DIL. So sorry about your lunch

Michele in NC