What is something that everyone can relate to?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Apologizing to doors or furniture when I accidentally kick or bump into them.

ETA: maybe that’s a Canadian thing

Ha.... yea! Canada 🇨🇦

I Love Canada..... and I won’t apologize for it either.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

I say "OW *kitten*!"
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    For my fellow introverts:
    XUt9xQV.jpg
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Pain. Sadness. Everyone has some of that.

When I was a kid and some *kitten* (because kids often are *kitten*) was being mean, I sometimes reminded myself that even s/he cried about something. It helped me sometimes to think of that - sometimes in a mean way and sometimes compassionately.

So true.

I was bullied my entire school life. I was bitter about it for ages and wished them ill. Then I learned later in life that the ringleader had a hard home life and I understood their anger as I came from a nice family.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    getting up in the middle of the night for the bathroom and stubbing your toe against something in the darkness

alternatively- hitting your shin against the edge of the coffee table
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    getting up in the middle of the night for the bathroom and stubbing your toe against something in the darkness

alternatively- hitting your shin against the edge of the coffee table

Yep. And doing it repeatedly on the same part of your leg. Last week I did this to my shin twice in the same day...the first time it hurt, the second time it took my breath away, broke the skin and swelled with a big purple bruise

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I can't help but to look into peoples windows when I'm out for a walk at night...from the sidewalk, I'm not that creepy!
    When in a highrise in the city it's the worst, so many windows to look into

I do this because I like to see how people decorate. It gives me ideas LOL!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Hearing the buzz of a small fly right beside your ear. Then it gets very difficult to hear said fly, only a small humm. You start to think it's now nesting inside your ear. Maybe even set up a little camp fire in there playing guitar.

Anybody else ?? Just me ??

a guy i worked with years ago had a huge fly get stuck in his ear canal while he was on the job. he ended up getting sick and passing out from it and crying like a little girl. they had to go in and extract it and if im being honest its been a constant fear of mine ever since
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    Hearing the buzz of a small fly right beside your ear. Then it gets very difficult to hear said fly, only a small humm. You start to think it's now nesting inside your ear. Maybe even set up a little camp fire in there playing guitar.

Anybody else ?? Just me ??

a guy i worked with years ago had a huge fly get stuck in his ear canal while he was on the job. he ended up getting sick and passing out from it and crying like a little girl. they had to go in and extract it and if im being honest its been a constant fear of mine ever since

I will never look at a fly the same thanks to this post
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

This made me smile so hard
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Trying to go to sleep at a decent hour only to lay in bed in your own thoughts for hours anyway .. shoulda just watched something on Netflix
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member

When I was a kid and some *kitten* (because kids often are *kitten*) was being mean, I sometimes reminded myself that even s/he cried about something. It helped me sometimes to think of that - sometimes in a mean way and sometimes compassionately.

Excellent point!

This reminds me of some of the best advice I've ever had. It came from a 14 year old girl when a client was being an *kitten* to me, she said "it's not about you". I think this every time someone is a jerk to me now, who knows what's going on in their lives, and if I did nothing wrong, it's not a "me" problem, it's a "them" problem

You tried to explain this to me before and I didn’t understand. I think I get it now.

Which reminds me, I had someone tell me once that it's my fault if I get hurt feelings about something, because I "chose" to, or it was my interpretation, and it wasn't their intention.
    This idea is still a mind *kitten* to me.

that sounds like something a sociopath would say tbh like saying *kitten* things to you then telling u it’s your fault if you feel bad about it, jmo

Possibly. Or it could just be a way of saying as adults we are responsible for our feelings and how we chose to interpret something. Often things said can be interpreted many ways but as humans we often jump to the most negative interpretation.

Someone looking at you:

They’re staring
    They’re giving me a dirty look
    They hate me
    They’re going to attack me
    They’re short sighted
    They’re daydreaming
    They fancy me
    They think I look familiar
    I remind them of someone

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    PAFC84 wrote: »

Excellent point!

This reminds me of some of the best advice I've ever had. It came from a 14 year old girl when a client was being an *kitten* to me, she said "it's not about you". I think this every time someone is a jerk to me now, who knows what's going on in their lives, and if I did nothing wrong, it's not a "me" problem, it's a "them" problem

You tried to explain this to me before and I didn’t understand. I think I get it now.

Which reminds me, I had someone tell me once that it's my fault if I get hurt feelings about something, because I "chose" to, or it was my interpretation, and it wasn't their intention.
    This idea is still a mind *kitten* to me.

that sounds like something a sociopath would say tbh like saying *kitten* things to you then telling u it’s your fault if you feel bad about it, jmo

Possibly. Or it could just be a way of saying as adults we are responsible for our feelings and how we chose to interpret something. Often things said can be interpreted many ways but as humans we often jump to the most negative interpretation.

Someone looking at you:

They’re staring
    They’re giving me a dirty look
    They hate me
    They’re going to attack me
    They’re short sighted
    They’re daydreaming
    They fancy me
    They think I look familiar
    I remind them of someone

Yes! This for interactions with people in general, but especially people you don’t know or know well

Also when you know someone cares about you and would never want to hurt you, how could you take offense to something they say? If you care about me, I’m going to hear everything you say through that filter
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Trying to go to sleep at a decent hour only to lay in bed in your own thoughts for hours anyway .. shoulda just watched something on Netflix

Or listen to an audiobook, do a shot, and tell me about it! 😆
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

Or listen to an audiobook, do a shot, and tell me about it! 😆

I may try this