Less Alcohol - AUGUST 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• LastTryljm
    LastTryljm Posts: 39 Member
    karenesg wrote: »
    Somethings gotta give... and I'm pretty sure it's me... gotta give up daily drinking. Did a while ago for several weeks and felt great. Slowly ramped back up over the last several months. Now am feeling pretty lousy about who I'm becoming, not remembering things, wasting a lot of time and money on getting, drinking and recovering from booze. Have a dinner date tonight so it'll be tough but I really want to skip the wine and cocktails and enjoy some ginger ale. Have a good weekend everyone B)

@karenesg Good luck tonight! That is definitely a situation in which I would "have" to imbibe :#
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    I tried hard seltzer last night for the first time (grapefruit and lime) and I am not a fan. Guess it worked because it totally turned me off to drinking last night. I'll take Diet Hansens Tangerine Lime any day. Today is my regularly scheduled AF day which includes my dessert treat. Dreaming of a Mounds candy bar.

I left July with 4 AF days per week, therefore August Goal: 5 AF days per week

Oh no..did you buy the citrus pack? Those are so bitter.
    From the reviews the berry pack is better.
  • MissMay
    I tried for AF today. Didn't pan out. I relented and had 3 units.

Well you tried.....and that was a great effort. 😊
  • MissMay
    Still AF over here with no real temptation- though I DO wish that AF wine didn’t suck, I would enjoy a glass with the taste and no effects every now and then.

Had my 12 week appointment and itty bitty is doing well with a 160 bpm heartbeat and good measurements once the ultrasound tech and I got them to reposition so she could actually get the measurements.

Mostly lurking since my updates are pretty boring (appointments being only once a month at this point), but cheering you all on!

Welcome back to August. BOTH of you!
  • MissMay
    Glad to see some new and revisiting "faces" here. I'll tell you what--I want to thank those who post of their mess ups because I think it helps remind those of us having strong temptations of the consequences. And those posting of positive steps is inspiring, so what a wonderful support community! I've been AF since the end of June when I had the messedupist messup (I did post this in the July forum). Since then, I've felt really healthy and energetic, have lost weight, cleared my complexion, slept wonderfully and felt guilt-free. I have replaced wine as a sleep aid with a mild "gummy"--which is awesomely delivered to me in this great state of Maine :-). I also finally started taking the super mild anti-depressants prescribed to me 6 months ago. Whether it's the lack of wine, the actions I've taken due to lack of wine/hangover, or the pills, or some combo, the dark cloud is gone for the most part. So I encourage you to try different things to achieve results if the same things over and over aren't cutting it.

As we head into the wknd, be planful (plan your drinks) and mindful (stick to your plan) and you'll do great!

Love your turn around.
  • LastTryljm
    @MissMay Thank you <3
  • Kayatpb13
    Kayatpb13 Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2019
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - AF, even though I was offered a drink, I'm glad I stuck with my plan to be AF Friday so I can indulge in my planned drinks at the renaissance festival.

The plan for today is to have a few, and get back on track tomorrow as AF (while trying to avoid the Sunday blues/scaries).

Really glad to have this community support to look at right now. ❤
  • LastTryljm
    jmciotti13 wrote: »
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - AF, even though I was offered a drink, I'm glad I stuck with my plan to be AF Friday so I can indulge in my planned drinks at the renaissance festival.

The plan for today is to have a few, and get back on track tomorrow as AF (while trying to avoid the Sunday blues/scaries).

Really glad to have this community support to look at right now. ❤

@jmciotti13 Have fun at the festival!! Great job skipping last night so you can enjoy your drinks today guilt free :)