Looking for a detox/cleanse?

Replies

• duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    How do I get all my friends' wives (who double as my wife's friends) to read this without being a jerk? They're all selling ItWorks... ugh...

There are none so blind as those who will not see. IME when challenged with actual science, woo salesmen, and especially SAHM fad of the month woo salesmen, react viciously when challenged. You can't fix them. Just don't buy the products and only explain if they force you.
  • ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    Bump, set, spike!
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Nice list
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    original.gif
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    6b8c71ab9fdad57fa1dc8170459533c0.336x252x126.gif
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    How do I get all my friends' wives (who double as my wife's friends) to read this without being a jerk? They're all selling ItWorks... ugh...

Post it to your facebook page and see how many unfriend you.

At least worth a bit of a laugh.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    34f8c7ce679d58392858ee3f1ae8dd82.gif
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Well I’ve not seen this in a while. Needs a bump.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Angiepup wrote: »
    Oops, forgot to mention the plan was free with 10 laser treatments.

Really?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Hi.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I tried blueprint nutrition plan, and lose weight on it. (It is gluten and dairy free, but I occasionally cheat a little.) I lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks, 150 to 139, 2 weeks to go. Anyone else try this plan? It starts with a cleanse.

I'm guessing you didn't read any part of the thread before posting...

Pretty much this ^^^^^
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    I tried blueprint nutrition plan, and lose weight on it. (It is gluten and dairy free, but I occasionally cheat a little.) I lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks, 150 to 139, 2 weeks to go. Anyone else try this plan? It starts with a cleanse.

Oh dear :s

Please read the OP.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Hi.

Do you need a detox cleanse? I suggest the midnight red calm cleanse. It really works wonders.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited August 2019
    I drink a "detox tea", but only because fennel and aniseed are yummy. If they relabeled it "grow horns tea", I'd still drink it. The new name would be equally appropriate.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    A sensible approach to changing your diet to a more nutritional one instead of slamming gallons of juice down your throat and giving yourself gastric upset.

We can help our bodies do their job and get rid of toxins and byproducts of metabolic processes by simply eating well," says Kim Larson, RDN, spokesperson for The Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics. That's good news, since extreme cleanses can be harmful: They deprive you of the fuel your body and brain need, they rid your body of helpful gut bacteria, and they can contribute to an unhealthy relationship with food."

She suggests a Nutritional reboot to get your diet off to a good start.

"A nutritional reboot is a change in diet that reestablishes variety and balance, and improves the quality of the food you are eating," Larson says. "But there is really no need to feel like these changes have to be made all at once, as the words 'detox' or 'cleanse' imply." Instead of forcing you to drink various juices for three days in the hopes that they'll transform the way you feel about your meals, a reboot gradually nudges you in the direction of healthier, more balanced food options.

To do so, Larson suggests making one change in your diet per week. For example, you can try to add an extra fruit or veggie to your lunches, aim to get more protein-rich meat alternatives in your dinners, or pledge to really, definitely, for sure eat a nutritious, energizing breakfast every day. You could also aim to bring your lunch from home a few more days a week."

The point with all of these approaches is that you're adding or swapping foods into your meals rather than excluding anything. And you're making these changes slowly, which gives them a chance to take hold and gives you the opportunity to really assess how those modifications make you feel.
    "Excluding foods is never a good idea," Larson says, "but focusing on eating primarily whole grains, lean proteins, healthy fats, and more fruits and vegetables is the best way to change eating patterns." And, of course, sticking to a balanced, nutritious diet can definitely make it easier to deal with other health issues. But you should leave the actual treatment of those conditions to your doctor.

TLDR: Making small sustainable nutritional changes to your diet over time will be more beneficial than drinking gallons of juice for three days.