Women 200lb+, Let's Have an Amazing August!!!

Replies

• cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    HazelMayes wrote: »
    Hit 24 pounds lost this morning. One to go until I told myself I’d buy new pants. I hate shopping so it’s not really a reward 😂😂. However, it will be nice to be able to put my phone in my pocket again—my pants are so loose, the weight of the phone pulls the pants off 😬

Holy cow my backside is so flat I have the same problem!! The phone always made my pants sag a bit, but losing weight and they will come all the way down!!! I guess it’s a great problem to have, but I don’t want to be arrested for indecent exposure!!

Connie in KY
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    cmsavells wrote: »
    HazelMayes wrote: »
    Hit 24 pounds lost this morning. One to go until I told myself I’d buy new pants. I hate shopping so it’s not really a reward 😂😂. However, it will be nice to be able to put my phone in my pocket again—my pants are so loose, the weight of the phone pulls the pants off 😬

Holy cow my backside is so flat I have the same problem!! The phone always made my pants sag a bit, but losing weight and they will come all the way down!!! I guess it’s a great problem to have, but I don’t want to be arrested for indecent exposure!!

Connie in KY

My backside definitely isn’t flat lol. But I seem to have lost some inches in the hip because whoosh! down they go if I forget and put my phone in my pocket 😂😂
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    @floofyschmoofer you can totally see it in your face! Big difference. My face is where I lose weight first as well, really odd but people always notice it there first, even if my clothes size has changed weeks earlier.
  • davisagolding
    davisagolding Posts: 58 Member
    @Deanner03 you will be there soon. Don't be afraid of the continued journey. Congrats on such a success so far. It really inspires me and I'm sure others to see your dedication.
  • lnov530
    lnov530 Posts: 53 Member
    Ultimate Starting Weight: 285
    Current weight: 259.4
    August starting weight: 261.8
    August Goal: 255
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150

I have done many types of diets. Always most successful with calorie tracking. I recently (July) had a high A1C test at the doctor’s office and he wants to retest October 23rd. If I cannot lower it with diet by then, I will have to go on medication. I have been on high blood pressure medication since my fourth and final pregnancy 5 years ago. I am hoping that if I lose enough weight I can avoid A1C meds and come off the blood pressure medication too.

Did a bunch of research after my July 10th Dr. appointment. Low carb seemed like the best match for my medical goals so I started Keto & Planet Fitness on July 12th. Was 273 that day. Started August at 262. Would like to end August at or under 255.

Extra bonus motivation: My oldest is engaged and I would love to buy a mother of the groom dress in a size 16 or less. Currently a size 20-22 and the wedding is August 2020.

Weigh in day Fridays
    8/2: 261.8
    8/9
    8/16
    8/23
    8/30
  • aragalen
    aragalen Posts: 18 Member
    aragalen wrote: »
    Hello! I'd like to join if I may :)
    I was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure and put on a low sodium diet along with several medications and restricted fluids. Interestingly none of the doctors mentioned my weight or recommended I lose any. Of course low sodium translated into fewer calories and now I am seeing some weight loss, and am planning on continuing slowly but steadily (I'm sure it is good for my heart as well!).

SW: 220 (May 2019)
    CW: 208
    GW: 145

I wanted to update my goals a bit. My goal for August is to get to 200, but will be happy even if It's still a bit above that. There's always September :smiley: My current ultimate goal weight is 145, but once I get there I can reevaluate and revise it. Just to get to 145 will make me happy (and healthier)! Oh and I'm now at 206!
  • rvfamilyfour
    rvfamilyfour Posts: 26 Member
    Hi Everyone,

This is my first time here. I am so excited to find another group to help with support and motivation.

SW: 257
    CW: 232
    GW: 190

My goals:
    *Get a bunch of doctors test completed by the end of the month because I was diagnosed with diabetes back in April. I need to have my eyes checked, cholesterol, my blood sugar levels, etc.

*I work from home so I usually cook most of the meals, which I love, but now I have to learn a new way of cooking -Low Carb and Keto. I have tried a few recipes, some good some not so good. My goal this month is to expand my knowledge on cooking and baking in a new way.

*July was a crazy month with vacations and such so my exercise schedule was thrown out the window. August will be spent getting that schedule back on track!

Have a good month everyone.

Lisa
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    You guys! First Saturday weigh in of the month!

231.4!

I'VE OFFICIALLY LOST OVER 40 LBS!!!

Fantastic! 😀
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member

231.4!

That's awesome!
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    @Deanner03

Having reached onederland recently, I have a theory about why we might sabotage ourselves as we near it. Obviously, I had a loooong time to think about it. 😩

Once we do hit below 200, the pressure to STAY below 200 is enormous. We're deathly afraid of the scale going back over that frightening number. If it does, it could be the catalyst for us giving up.

That stupid number holds a lot of power... if we let it. So.. don't let it have the power. YOU are in control here, not the scale.

You can do this. We're here to support you through the process. ❤

This holds a LOT of truth!
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    edited August 2019
    My August (and first serious goal in about two years) is to replace snacks with a small coffee. It made a huge (positive) difference in my appetite when I lost a bunch of weight three years ago, and I stop drinking soda almost entirely when I have coffee 1-2 times a day, not to mention I drink twice as much water. It’s also a half hour round trip walking, so bonus activity!
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Hi everyone!

SW: 222
    CW: 197
    August GW:190
    GW: 160
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    @Terytha that's amazing, well done!

@unstableunicorn that's a really good idea. Once I return to work in September I'm going to do the same.
  • fenfer87j
    fenfer87j Posts: 5 Member
    SW: 216.8
    CW: 208.8
    Mini goal: 206
    GW: 165

First of all, it’s a HUGE deal for me to post my weight on here. I never do that. But I’d like some support and people to talk with.
    Second of all, I have been losing the same 15 lbs over and over again. I’m doing my best to get past this and move on.
    Third, even though losing weight has been going on for most of my adult life, this particular “starting weight” was in the beginning of July this year.
    Congrats to all of you who have lost weight! Y’all are awesome and inspirational!!!
  • Smiles1952
    Smiles1952 Posts: 49 Member
    Deanner03 wrote: »

231.4!

That's awesome!

Fantastic! I am so happy for you.
  • USAMcK
    USAMcK Posts: 80 Member
    Hi, All :)

SW: 225.2
    CW: 219.2
    GW: 125

Here we go!
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    Check-in!

SW 6/26/19: 326.4
    CW: 300.4
    Aug GW: 299
    GW: 150

Three days in and I’m close to my August goal weight already so I probably need to adjust that? New August goal weight: 294