Eating once a day?

Do people really do this? Eat within their calorie deficit but only eating once a day?
If you do, could you please offer some advice?

Replies

• scitz0
    scitz0 Posts: 2 Member
    scitz0 wrote: »
    Do people really do this? Eat within their calorie deficit but only eating once a day?

I did during a 45-day period earlier this year.

What advice do you seek?

Well I’m not exactly sure, sorry I’m very new to all this. What time did you eat your meal? Was it one big meal or a large-ish meal with some snacks after? Were you only drinking water?

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member

There is a dedicated, fairly active OMAD group, here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/20634-omad-revolution
  • coffeexxeyes
    coffeexxeyes Posts: 35 Member
    I personally cannot because I always wake up hungry. I find it hard to concentrate throughout the day without breakfast or lunch. I also hate how bloated I feel after a large meal! Maybe ask your doctor about it? It could be unsafe if you have blood sugar spikes.
  • twgreen312
    twgreen312 Posts: 2 Member
    Ehhh this is tough!
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Fasting of any type doesn't do anything special for weight management. Some people do it because they either naturally prefer to eat that way, or they personally find it easier to meet their calorie goal that way. If that's how you prefer to eat, then it might be a good approach for you; otherwise, there's no reason to do it.

I personally do it Bc I have trouble getting enough sleep...so if I stop eating by 8:30, I get to bed earlier (10) and get a full night’s rest. I find when I get more sleep, I can be more active, focused, and I meet my goals better...
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member

I've done it numerous times, the first couple of days might be hard so I suggest you do it on days when you aren't at a job. I ate in the morning, I never tried in the afternoon or evening.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    I used to be a one meal a day person due to high workload but now I’m a grazer.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Yes. Yes. I did; found out it was an unsustainable weight loss/weight control model for me as via trial and error I learned eating twice a day, >6 hours apart, is what works best for me. YMMV. If curious, give it a try. Who knows, you might discover you like and thrive on it.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Some of our ancestors were lucky to have one full satiating meal day over thousands of years. If it suits you, why not?