Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• donaldstokley
    donaldstokley Posts: 18 Member
    My name is Donnie weigh 530 lbs and am 6'2 my goal weight is 250 lbs.I started OMAD 6/24/2019 I usually have my OMAD around 6:30 pm. Cravings and hunger are my 2 main enemies. I feel like I am doing a little better after reading everyone's post where they have the same struggles I have been having and hearing them say it gets better helps me to keep going. I found OMAD through one of the discussions I was on where arguablysamson posted about it. I feel like I have tried everything else but this and surgery and I definitely don't want surgery so why not give it a shot.
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Welcome to the group. Omad is good but not the easiest. The best thing about it: it works.. Good luck on your journey.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Female
    Age 43
    Height: 5'4
    Starting weight: 166
    Current weight: 166
    Goal Weight: 150
    Fasting start date: 7/8/2019

A few years ago I starved myself down to a size 4 @ 145 pounds. Over the past 3-4 years I have lost and regained the same 5 pounds. I've tried counting calories, low carb, and it's still the same 5 pounds. So, I'm doing something different.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome! What shall we call you? Also I'd encourage you to start a thread so we can easily follow your progress :) OMAD is fantastically easy and a wonderful tool whether you have 10 pounds to lose or hundreds :)

Holler if you have questions, we're here to help!
  • bekahlou75
    I forgot to post my name.....Rebekah
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome Rebekah! I second Steph's post. OMAD is a great tool and it does work
  • BalancedLauren
    BalancedLauren Posts: 1 Member
    Female
    Height: 5'4
    Starting weight: 331
    Current Weight: 296
    Next Goal Weight: 250
    Total Goal Weight:160
    Fasting start date: 6/1/2019
    Feeding Time: 3:00 PM

I’ve yo yo dieted for 12 years and my weight has gone up and down since my sons birth. Never could manage my weight loss effectively until now. This is the largest I’ve ever been.

My true journey started in May of 2019 with a focus on OMAD and becoming a healthier version of myself. I’ve been at OMAD strong since June 1, 2019 with walking. I am now very active Mon-Fri. My life has completely changed because of OMAD Revolution’s instructions and guidance. I’m living for the first time in years. I’m happy and have never been happier.
  • bekahlou75
    @iquash Welcome! So far I love OMAD. I'm starting a 48 hour fast today. Before I started OMAD I though it was crazy to not eat all day. Now I know it's not so bad. You can do it!
  • daniabrioschi
    daniabrioschi Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi my name is Dida

I am 48 years old and weight on Saturday 56,5 kg.
    I would like to reach 51-52 kg.

Hope to get there!
  • bekahlou75
    @daniabrioschi Welcome! This place is great.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome Dida! Dive right in, we're an easy going group :)
  • daniabrioschi
    daniabrioschi Posts: 32 Member
    Thanks 🙏🏻. I just had dinner
  • neyagoal
    neyagoal Posts: 65 Member
    Hello, my name s Neya..
    I'm 25 years old, 158 cm hight, 56.2 kg... I commute and work long hr (14 hr) per day, so I don't really like idea of taking food with me in morning and that will stay in lunchbox from 6 to 12:30 and canteen at work s basicly full of snacks and some suspicious looking oily things.. I love my food so only way I will eat it s fresh once I come home from work, therefore I manage to squiz only 1 meal a day(plus 1 kind of fruit as snack).. It makes me feel good to eat things I like and then do my workout to burn it and finish my day that way... I am doing OMAD since 13.06.2019 and in combination with some other factors I lost almost 8 kg.. Goal weight s 50 kg
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome Neya!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome Neya, It seems you are off to a great start. Keep up the good work. We are here to support and encourage.
  • deadmanwonderland
    deadmanwonderland Posts: 23 Member
    Hello,

My name is Emilie. I’m 28, female.
    I weigh 211 pounds (96 kilo).
    Height is 5’5 (1.65 meter).
    Technically am from EU but MFP didn’t let me post here from my country.

Why OMAD... long story.

Im desperate. They found some heart problems and I’m so young still. The doctor also told me I cannot get pregnant because of this constant terror on my body yoyoing so extremely.

I have such difficulty eating normally in general. I’m a stress/bored binger mainly. Sometimes it disappears for a couple weeks. Then some small or big stressful event happens and the bingeing comes back, sometimes lasting a couple months.

4 years ago I was morbidly obese with fatty liver pains and lost 121 pounds with strenuous exercise and starving after the doctor told me I should lose fat. I still binged a couple days or weeks here and there but my insane exercise kept my %fat in check.. I also picked up my old smoking habit back then even though it is horrible for the liver, because I was hungry all the time. Aside bingeing or starving I had no and have no idea to eat.

Since I stopped smoking and became unemployed only four months ago I have gained back to 211 lbs... Smoking traded places for bingeing more than ever. I isolate myself again. I’m constantly tired. I’m feeling depressed, at the same time I hate my own negativity. People around me are rightfully concerned with my rapid weight gain and I get constant comments on my increasing size and bags under my eyes. Everyone is only worried when talking to me. It is exhausting. Just like back then. I know it is my own fault for letting myself fall in this hole again and coping in a destructive way.

I don’t want to skip from one destructive habit to the next any longer to cope. I also cannot do the insane diet/exercise mentally any longer, nor physically. I want to give OMAD a chance. Joe speaks of gaining mental clarity and confidence in his videos. Of a new relationship with food. This speaks to me so much. I want this to be the way for me to break through these horrible coping mechanisms/eating habits. I want to be in control. I want to love myself and find a balance and a renewed interest in life. I want to find proper ways to deal with the stressors in life. I want a new relationship with food.

Words of encouragement would be appreciated, or someone who may recognise my problems. I know I have to want this on my own, I do. Some help to get me on this track at the start would be so appreciated and helpful however. To know I’m doing the right thing. My partner is incredibly supportive and started taking hour long evening walks with me. I’m grateful for that.

Goal weight is fit my proper clothes again, so around 154 pounds (70 kilo).

I started OMAD 2 days ago, August 27th ‘19.
    My eating window is 7PM-8PM.

If someone has tips for mood improving exercise that fits this lifestyle beside walking, I’m all ears.

Thank you for reading, good luck to all also on OMAD.

Best,
    Emilie
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hi Emilie,

Welcome! This is a great group to belong too. I would encourage you to start you own thread and read some of the other threads to get you started. All of Joe's videos are exceptional! I have never been a binge eater, but in the past boredom or stress would make me increase my food and not in a healthy way (chocolate sweets etc). Doing OMAD has really made me slow down, pay close attention to my food choices. I am honest about my food now, instead of hiding it. If I want a burger and fries, and that is my OMAD meal ---then so be it. I am not one to do low carb (but some here do and that works for them) for me it doesn't so I don't do it. With OMAD it isn't all or nothing, it is one meal, one plate at a time, period. I have done this for a while and still have about 20lbs to go, maybe 25 not sure yet. But, when I started this journey and at my heaviest I was around 230 or 235. As of last week I was down to 175.
    We all realize the "struggle is real" and we are all here to cheer you on!!

Again, welcome and best of luck!! <3
    Donna
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome Emilie!
    I also am a binge eater, and I hate to tell ya this but nothing will magically make that disappear except therapy and mental work. BUT OMAD feeds right into the natural tendencies of it, and allows you actually feel SATIATED. If you're anything like me, eating tiny meals a few times a day is MISERABLE because I want volumes of food. That sounds awful, but it's the truth that I've accepted. And managed to go from 212-about 150 with OMAD :) So my weights are very similar to yours (though I'm a bit taller, 5'7".

I wish I had advice for the stress relieving exercise, but I find all exercise stressFUL so I'm no help lmao
  • deadmanwonderland
    deadmanwonderland Posts: 23 Member
    Welcome Emilie!
    I also am a binge eater, and I hate to tell ya this but nothing will magically make that disappear except therapy and mental work. BUT OMAD feeds right into the natural tendencies of it, and allows you actually feel SATIATED. If you're anything like me, eating tiny meals a few times a day is MISERABLE because I want volumes of food. That sounds awful, but it's the truth that I've accepted. And managed to go from 212-about 150 with OMAD :) So my weights are very similar to yours (though I'm a bit taller, 5'7".

I wish I had advice for the stress relieving exercise, but I find all exercise stressFUL so I'm no help lmao

Thank you for your openness and sharing your experiences with me! See, I hadn’t even thought about it from that perspective. I don’t even really know what to say. This is a huge eye opener. Small meals here and there always make me binge that same day, but on OMAD-like days (before I even knew about OMAD) I would eat my days worth of calories in one sitting (i.e lunch restaurant or during weekend with partner) and not be interested in food the rest of the day (no stressors). I feel a bit dumb that I didn’t realize this. I think I have spent too much time telling myself something is wrong with me in every regard when it comes to food, and spent too little listening to what my body feels comfortable with. For example, I have forced myself for the past 2 years to eat breakfast before work even though I wasn’t hungry and hated it, because everyone kept telling me it is normal/healthy and “you should learn to eat like a normal person”.

Solid advice on the stress eating part. Therapy. I will have to go way out of my comfort zone and give it a shot.... I guess it is OK I cannot do it alone any longer. There is an option for free therapy through local government. I’ve put it in my agenda for this afternoon to give them a call. :)

Thanks so much again for your reply and good luck on your journey! You have come so far, keep it up, proud of you.
    Hi Emilie,

Welcome! This is a great group to belong too. I would encourage you to start you own thread and read some of the other threads to get you started. All of Joe's videos are exceptional! I have never been a binge eater, but in the past boredom or stress would make me increase my food and not in a healthy way (chocolate sweets etc). Doing OMAD has really made me slow down, pay close attention to my food choices. I am honest about my food now, instead of hiding it. If I want a burger and fries, and that is my OMAD meal ---then so be it. I am not one to do low carb (but some here do and that works for them) for me it doesn't so I don't do it. With OMAD it isn't all or nothing, it is one meal, one plate at a time, period. I have done this for a while and still have about 20lbs to go, maybe 25 not sure yet. But, when I started this journey and at my heaviest I was around 230 or 235. As of last week I was down to 175.
    We all realize the "struggle is real" and we are all here to cheer you on!!

Again, welcome and best of luck!! <3
    Donna

Wow, good job! Good luck on the rest of your OMAD journey! You can do it, evidently!! Thank you for your openness and encouraging words. When I’m ready I will make my own thread, for now other people’s threads will do, haha.