Anyone using Optavia?

Coleen312
Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
Hi! I’ve been an MFP user for many years and really enjoy the features of the app and the community support. I’ve recently begun the Optavia food/healthy living plan and was wondering if there are other MFP users on the same plan?? There’s strength in numbers. 🙂 Post in this discussion thread and perhaps we can encourage each other, share tips, recipes etc.

Replies

• Coleen312
    I am on Optavia / Medifast. I started because I did not fit on roller coasters any more and that made me sad. 2018 I lost 49 pounds to fit, mostly. I fell off over the winter. went back on March 10 and am down 24 pounds. Total lost on Medifast / Optavia 73. I am not done yet! I have another 63 to lose :) over half way there.

Way to go, Sandy!! I’m down 31 and have about 40 more to get to my goal. I love this program so much that I’m currently becoming a coach. I believe to my soul that coaching is the key to staying healthy and living my best life.
  • Coleen312
    sampostu wrote: »
    I restarted it. I am on day 3. I lost 80lbs before, but gained it all back due to illness, medications and poor choices. I know the program works as long as you work it. I need to get the weight down for my health and happiness.

I’m sorry you gained it back. I know from personal experience how devastating gaining the weight back can be. I hope you are having success sticking with the program. 👍🏼
  • Coleen312
    msgerstner wrote: »
    I’m starting it on April 8th. Looking forward to it, but I know until I get habits changed, I need to stay on it. I have 50lbs I need to lose, so I’m encouraged seeing how well it’s worked!

Good luck as you begin this journey. I absolutely love this program.
  • sampostu
    sampostu Posts: 14 Member
    msgerstner wrote: »
    I’m starting it on April 8th. Looking forward to it, but I know until I get habits changed, I need to stay on it. I have 50lbs I need to lose, so I’m encouraged seeing how well it’s worked!

Good luck! It is a program that works. I have done so many diets, this is one that is a no brainer for me. It makes it super easy. I just need to keep track of my meals and then I am fine. If you haven’t heard I suggest buying a mini waffle maker. They are really cheap and it is so much nicer for the pancakes and cookie mixes.
  • sampostu
    edited April 2019
    I’m sorry you gained it back. I know from personal experience how devastating gaining the weight back can be. I hope you are having success sticking with the program. 👍🏼[/quote]

I am in a better space personally. I was in a bad marriage, was sick and my mom passed away. It was just a great deal to manage. If possible, not sure if allowed, but when you start your coaching maybe you can message to add me. I am still eating through my old fuelings, but if I order then I can order through you.

• sampostu

Everyone has an opinion, it is a shame that they don’t hold it until someone’s asks for their advice. I just read a new study that said drinking wine is as bad as cigarettes. There are constantly new studies and things that they are learning. I think that you should just do you. If something works then that is great! I think that any method that works and is healthy is a good thing. I stopped my insulin and it has only been days. This diet makes such a difference to my body.
  • sampostu
    Good luck everyone!! I am happy to read your progress and new beginnings!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    I'm on it. I don't care that it's not popular here on MFP. I never care if something I'm doing is popular. I only care if it works. I'm down 34 pounds in just over 60 days, and I feel fantastic. I plan to continue the program, including eventually through maintenance (3+3) and will probably always use the shakes and bars at work or in a pinch, even after I've maintained for a year. Right now, this fits my lifestyle and it's working for me when other things were not. I'm glad to hear of others who are having success with it.
  • wigemini
    wigemini Posts: 1 Member
    I’m starting my 3rd week and am down 11 pounds. I’m glad to know others are here for support and conversation.
  • Coleen312
    That’s awesome!! I love this program! I’m down 65 and have 11 more to go to reach my goal. The entire Habits of Health system has been life changing. I’m now a Coach and loving that aspect as well. Glad you’re here!
  • Coleen312
    I'm on it. I don't care that it's not popular here on MFP. I never care if something I'm doing is popular. I only care if it works. I'm down 34 pounds in just over 60 days, and I feel fantastic. I plan to continue the program, including eventually through maintenance (3+3) and will probably always use the shakes and bars at work or in a pinch, even after I've maintained for a year. Right now, this fits my lifestyle and it's working for me when other things were not. I'm glad to hear of others who are having success with it.

How are you doing these days @PomegranatePriestess ??
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    I am doing Optavia, in my third week and 21 pounds down. So thrilled! I was leary when it was specialized foods, but they work and taste okay to great. There is also a transition time to wean off the specialized foods and eat table foods. I need the weight loss so bad (130 pounds total weight loss needed) that I was considering surgery. This is healthier and gives me more control than surgery does.

I just started! Day 3
  • Coleen312
    I am doing Optavia, in my third week and 21 pounds down. So thrilled! I was leary when it was specialized foods, but they work and taste okay to great. There is also a transition time to wean off the specialized foods and eat table foods. I need the weight loss so bad (130 pounds total weight loss needed) that I was considering surgery. This is healthier and gives me more control than surgery does.

How are you doing?🙂