Wtf why did I gain 6 lbs in a week!?!

Hey everyone!
So I've been maintaining my weight at 128-130...well woke up this morning to 136.4! Only difference I've done this week was: started hard core ab classes & spent the weekend in Vegas (no drinking, lots of walking, worked out there, got some sun)...what happened?! has anyone experienced this?
I am freaked out even though I know it cannot be actual weight gain..

Replies

• sujju
    sujju Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2019
    if you are women on birth control pills for the first time... you will see weight gain..it will stabilize after 3-4months
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Water. Water. Water.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Were you on a plane? That’s an automatic 5 that will drop back off within the week
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Doing more exercise than usual, including walking, can cause water retention.
    Flying can make you retain water.
    If you ate more food than usual, it could be extra waste in your system.
    If you ate more sodium than usual, you could retain water.
    Inflammation from the sunburn can even make you retain water.

In other words, it's temporary :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Airplane bloat
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    Plane and sunburn sounds like the most likely culprits. As long as you did not eat 21000 calories over maintenance when you were on vacation, you didn't gain 6 actual pounds. So don't stress about it and weigh yourself again in a few days.
  • frezisha
    frezisha Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks everyone!! I feel a lot better knowing this has to be temporary! I will let things get back to normal & weigh in a few days!
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2019
    I gain about 10 pounds between ovulation and the days leading up to my period (tmi if any guys are reading this 😊). It usually goes away after Aunt Flo shows up. But I’ve heard you just keep hydrated during that time so that your body doesn’t continue to retain excess water.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    definitely water...two days ago I was 3 lbs heavier in daily weigh in, this morning, everything is back to normal and I lost weight :)