Hair and skin

Hello everyone,
I'm Vanessa and I'm 23.
I have recently started to track my meals and calories.
My goal is to get in shape and hopefully become more conscious of the body-food-soul relationship.
I have noticed that for the past months my skin has become extremely sensitive and prone to acne.
I'm also struggling with hairloss
For my age I find it very strange, as acne does not run in the family...
Can you share some tips or just let me know if you had similar experience?
*Feeling lost here*

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,585 Member
    Hi there! How many calories a day are you eating? How much weight have you lost? In what time frame? Let's see if calories are even in play as a potential culprit!
  • vanesanikolowa
    vanesanikolowa Posts: 6 Member
    @PAV888 thank you for your answer
    I have been losing/gaining weight for the past year due to stress and changes in my personal life
    I'm 157cm-43/44 kg and i try to eat 1700 calories per day :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,585 Member
    So I followed @koalathebear 's lead and plugged your stats in a BMI and TDEE calculator and it is certainly possible that your nutrition this past year has contributed to your hair problems, especially if you had a time period of rapid weight loss within the past six months or so.

Your goal of 1700 Cal a day sounds like maintenance level calories for a lightly active person with your approximate stats.

If you are more active than lightly active--a level of activity which is can be reached with as little as an hour and a half of non sitting activity a day--then you would be pushing towards losing weight instead of gaining from your currently under-weight position.

And if you exercise at all then you should definitely be eating back all of your exercise calories.

Take care!
  • vanesanikolowa
    Hi koalathebear, thank you for your concern :)

I know I'm considered underweight,and I have set up a goal to reach at least 45 kg, but still I cannot seem to gain.
    Is it possible that stress affects my metabolism *_*
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    In addition to @psuLemon advice above, he has created a great resource if you have issues getting the calories in once you increase.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • vanesanikolowa
    @psuLemon
    Hii, maybe I should really try increasing calories .
    It's a bit strange, as I'm following the app, and I have already set gain weight as a goal.

@Lillymoo01 I cannot really imagine myself 53 or more kg,as I'm very small and I doubt it will look good
    I will try to build some muscle though and maybe I will be closer to that range. :)

Thank you everyone good luck and take care
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2019
    @psuLemon
    It's a bit strange, as I'm following the app, and I have already set gain weight as a goal.

@Lillymoo01 I cannot really imagine myself 53 or more kg,as I'm very small and I doubt it will look good
    I will try to build some muscle though and maybe I will be closer to that range. :)

Its quite possible that you are under estimating your daily activities, you aren't eating back exercise calories or your body is just responding to over feeding. Adding another 300 calories is a good place to start. Eat more to 2 weeks. If you haven't gained, than add an additional 300 calories.

I would also focus more on how your body looks rather than a number. Too often we fixate on a number which won't provide you the results you are often looking for. Heck, i can show you tons of pictures of girls adding 10-20 lbs and looking more lean.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    @psuLemon

This woman wasn't happy at her goal weight, started working out, and was happy 18 pounds heavier.

w2sjyhf4uh2l.jpg