Underweight to healthy weight

Hello, I'm new here. I wanted to introduce myself, what I'm going through and find friends to support me or perhaps people even going through something similar.
I have always been skinny but looking back at photos I looked healthier before and didn't look as skinny. I went through stress of parents getting divorced, lifestyle changes, I suffered with IBS for a while and all of this affected my weight. Since then I haven't been able to put weight back on and it is something I'm self conscious of because people seem to assume I don't eat. I have decided to download this app to keep track of how many calories I eat a day to try and put on about 0.25kg per week. I'm surprised yesterday I hit the target of calories super easy, it's only my first day but I'm already worried that I'm regularly eating more calories than I need but not putting on weight, I guess I'll have to wait and see atleast how my first week goes.
So anyway I am a 23 year old female, height is 161cm and I weigh 46kg, my goal is to get to atleast 52 but preferably 54 or 55. My goal is to consume about 2000 calories per day ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Sorry for babbling on a bit haha I would love to find people going through a similar situation so we can support each other ๐Ÿ˜Š also any tips/advice is more than welcome!

Replies

• EgyptianMummy
    EgyptianMummy Posts: 40 Member
    Welcome to MFP. You went to right app I think, I use it since one month almost, I decided to gain 8 kg muscles, now I gained 5 kg, I'm 178cm wieght now 77 kg, I supposed to consume 2950 calories daily, I hit it barely, fell free to add me
  • garbadorcas6
    garbadorcas6 Posts: 2 Member
    Guys please add me up am 5:4 and am 45 kg that's underweight I want to put on some weight mostly in my butt and thighs and I really need your help guys please feel free to add me up
  • iain__fraser11
    iain__fraser11 Posts: 4 Member
    Are we taking protein shakes to supplement eating and add some weight?
  • bellana2019
    bellana2019 Posts: 2 Member
    Heyyy well done Jessica so pleased for u girl... I'm ana 37 and also have a situation where I am under weight (48kg) and hate how I look especially when everyone reminds me how much better I looked before it gets me down big time. Please add me and keep the good work up. Imb3 days in and my goal is kind a difficult to reach. Take care
  • yasminabdulla11
    yasminabdulla11 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey ๐ŸŒป
    Same situation here , I'm 159 cm and 42.5 kg which is horrible . I really wanna gain weight and be around 50 kg
    Feel free to add me *actually I will be so happy *
  • maicachedi
    maicachedi Posts: 1 Member
    Hiiii! I just started using this app yesterday and it seems that it will help me with my goals! Iโ€™m 32 years old and have been lifting (with the guidance of a trainer) for almost 6 months! Iโ€™ve gained 8-9 pounds since I started training (i was 92 lbs) and now I range from 100 to 101! Feels like Iโ€™ve truly plateaued, so Iโ€™m really excited to use this app! My target is 110 lbs. cheers to us!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I'm 5'8 105 lbs and trying to get up to 123 or more. I have a medical condition that caused my weight loss.
  • surjiosurjio
    surjiosurjio Posts: 33 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hey ๐ŸŒป
    Same situation here , I'm 159 cm and 42.5 kg which is horrible . I really wanna gain weight and be around 50 kg
    Feel free to add me *actually I will be so happy *

You need protein and carbs to add weight ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ

• Manga23
    Manga23 Posts: 47 Member
    I keep my weight up with protein, carbs and weight lifting. Last summer 58kg and right now 64 kg.
    I'm 1.76 cm and have always had a lean build. Make sure you eat well and gain some muscle