Whats your current motivation for losing weight?

Replies

• sianquin
    sianquin Posts: 86 Member
    I have suspected crown's. I'm just trying to make myself bit healthier and hopefully help symptoms but a lot of it is so I can feel less weak and useless.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    sianquin wrote: »
    I have suspected crown's. I'm just trying to make myself bit healthier and hopefully help symptoms but a lot of it is so I can feel less weak and useless.

Crohn's Disease?
  • StayFocused01023
    StayFocused01023 Posts: 60 Member
    Just ordered the cutest shirt and the arms are tight... I'm not returning it!!
    Also, I've yo-yo'd up and down between 160-135 for ten years and it takes a lot of work to get it down every time. I don't want to do it again anymore
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    I took the kids to Marshalls for back to school shopping. I ended up finding 2 cute bikini's (it was originally$118 and for $30) and buying!!! 1 is a tankini but the other is triangle top with itty bitty bottom!! I need to step it up and get ripped~!
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    I just hate feeling 'fluffy'.....
  • mfoltz588
    mfoltz588 Posts: 18 Member
    Uncomfortable in my clothes and just not happy with my weight.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Penrude wrote: »
    I have always been good with exercise but I tend to be an emotional eater and also have trouble with snacking. I lost my dad a couple of years ago and put on some weight with that, then lost my dog last fall (he was only 2, so was a shock) and put some more on with that. Plus the last 3 or 4 years my husband got me into weightlifting and while I have put on muscle, I have fat on top which I feel is covering it up too much. I don't feel like I look bad, just not as good as I would like. I need to get my diet under control so I can uncover the muscle I have :)

My life exactly! I’m an emotional eater too! I’ve also put on muscle which is hiding under 30lbs of fat! Even though I’ve been using MyFitnessPal properly since December 2017 I’ve regained the weight that I lost. I seem to get tired when combining exercise with a deficit. Maybe I’m being too aggressive? I am quite active: 10000 steps a day and 5 pretty intense workouts plus my job as a designer. My main motivation for losing weight is my clothes don’t fit anymore! I was a uk size 8-10 now that’s so tight and size 12 is getting tight for me too!
  • sjd421
    sjd421 Posts: 54 Member
    My current motivation is my 3month old and my 2.5yr old. That and my 40th is right around the corner, ugh.
  • agreis11
    agreis11 Posts: 1 Member
    My boyfriend and I moved in together and his bad eating habits influenced me and caused us both to let ourselves go a bit so we decided we really needed to get back in shape & stick to it. He changed up his workout slightly and ate a little better. Where as I have been super dedicated and stuck to tracking my macros for the past few months with the exception of a couple vacations. I have been stuck at a consistent weight which is only a few lbs less than I was and he’s down like 20lbs. It’s been so frustrating seeing him drop weight with slight changes and I’m stuck but that is motivating me more to get where I want to be!
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    About 2 years ago, I was doing rather well in terms of weight loss and sports and all. Then I quit smoking 18 months ago, plus I experienced some injuries/muscle overuse issues and I could not sport as I wanted for some periods of time in between. So I basically swapped one compulsive behavior (smoking) with another (eat sweet stuff, chocolate and ice cream being major victims in this story).

Long story short, I gained some weight that I want to get rid of, plus find better ways to deal with those triggers that make me want to stuff my face with unhealthy stuff. Even though it's "only" a few kg we are talking about, I find that it makes me feel *meh*, impacts sports, and that I don't fit into my favorite clothes anymore.

My hope is that by tracking my food regularly again and by exchanging with other people on a similar mission, I can make the changes that I need to do and to create some lasting change of habit.
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    A trip to the Bahamas in Nov. I would like to lose about 15 lbs, 20 would be nice. My thighs jiggle a lot and the chub rub is painful at the beach/pool
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    agreis11 wrote: »
    My boyfriend and I moved in together and his bad eating habits influenced me and caused us both to let ourselves go a bit so we decided we really needed to get back in shape & stick to it. He changed up his workout slightly and ate a little better. Where as I have been super dedicated and stuck to tracking my macros for the past few months with the exception of a couple vacations. I have been stuck at a consistent weight which is only a few lbs less than I was and he’s down like 20lbs. It’s been so frustrating seeing him drop weight with slight changes and I’m stuck but that is motivating me more to get where I want to be!

I so feel your pain!! Basically what happened to me as well - I moved to be with my boyfriend & discovered that I cannot eat like he does. When I was single, I often skipped dinner for just a snack - now that there's my boyfriend & his son - I usually cook and we sit down to dinner together. (not been good for my waistline) My boyfriend is very active and doesn't work in an office - I sit on my butt at a computer all day. It's forced me to be more serious about tracking food and fitting in workouts.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    I want to lose weight to feel better in the clothes that I love!