What is something that everyone can relate to?

Options
13»

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    When you are walking outside and suddenly trip, then you look behind you as if to warn others of the hazard that isn't there!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    When you are walking outside and suddenly trip, then you look behind you as if to warn others of the hazard that isn't there!

I don’t look behind me, but i do look down and kick at the ground as if the only reason i could possibly trip is because of some disguised pothole
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    How dumb you feel when you think someone is waving to you, so you wave back, and then realize they were not waving at you.
  • Teenybudda
    Teenybudda Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    When a police car is driving behind you and, having done nothing wrong, you get scared thinking they're coming after you.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Teenybudda wrote: »
    When a police car is driving behind you and, having done nothing wrong, you get scared thinking they're coming after you.

only the paranoid survive.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

In my younger and foolish days, I had good reason to be paranoid!
  • Teenybudda
    Teenybudda Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Same thing when you see a police car outside/near your house.

• PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Pain. Sadness. Everyone has some of that.

When I was a kid and some *kitten* (because kids often are *kitten*) was being mean, I sometimes reminded myself that even s/he cried about something. It helped me sometimes to think of that - sometimes in a mean way and sometimes compassionately.

Excellent point!

This reminds me of some of the best advice I've ever had. It came from a 14 year old girl when a client was being an *kitten* to me, she said "it's not about you". I think this every time someone is a jerk to me now, who knows what's going on in their lives, and if I did nothing wrong, it's not a "me" problem, it's a "them" problem

You tried to explain this to me before and I didn’t understand. I think I get it now.

Which reminds me, I had someone tell me once that it's my fault if I get hurt feelings about something, because I "chose" to, or it was my interpretation, and it wasn't their intention.
    This idea is still a mind *kitten* to me.

that sounds like something a sociopath would say tbh like saying *kitten* things to you then telling u it’s your fault if you feel bad about it, jmo

Possibly. Or it could just be a way of saying as adults we are responsible for our feelings and how we chose to interpret something. Often things said can be interpreted many ways but as humans we often jump to the most negative interpretation.

Someone looking at you:

They’re staring
    They’re giving me a dirty look
    They hate me
    They’re going to attack me
    They’re short sighted
    They’re daydreaming
    They fancy me
    They think I look familiar
    I remind them of someone

Yeah, I don’t really owe anyone the benefits of the doubt though I often give it. people really are sometimes *kitten* and it doesn’t matter that much to me what their intentions were.

That’s true. No one owes anyone anything; contracts and loans aside.

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

oh! or when u listening to a song that has faint siren like noise and your blood runs cold bc u sure youre getting pulled over

everytime i'm in the passenger seat with someone, and a cop drives past going the other way, i always make it a point to check in the rear view mirror and say "uh oh looks like they got you" and then start getting out my ID. never fails to incite a panic in the driver.
    The auto flush feature on a toilet activating when you lean a little too much to wipe.

a wise man discovered that if u put a little piece of toliet paper on sensor it don’t flush

How do you get it to stick?

you just pull a long enough piece and drape it over the sensor