What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    I made an omelette- 2 eggs and cottage cheese, with an Ezekiel bread slice of toast on the side
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    I cooked at a friend's place where they have a new baby. Vietnamese garlic noodles with sauteed shrimp. Roast asparagus. Dark chocolate sorbet (leftovers from my dinner party last night) and strawberries.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Made a second attempt at coconut curry with potatoes, peppers and onions. Perfection! Served over sticky rice. Mmm. Dessert was sweet potato brownies with cookies and cream ice cream.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    After a long, hot day bicycling, made a light vegetarian (but not vegan) dinner: grilled eggplant sort-of-pizzaiola, with side salad. True confessions: after swapping out my perforated grill pan for a disposable cookie sheet to fit more eggplant rounds, I wound up with more of an eggplant saute than the grill effect, due to the accumulation of liquids while cooking, but it was still good for flavor. And an easy, quick entree as the sun was setting. What's not vegan: part-skim mozzarella and a microwaved melted butter wash to carry the herbs and spices onto the eggplant. First side of eggplant rounds get grilled, flipped, then tomatoes/cheese added on top; lid-down to keep the heat in the grill.

1ml9k3cyilgl.jpg

bcx3d9hqup1l.jpg

• alisaanderson3572
    alisaanderson3572 Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2019
    I had Co op Rump steak 2 for £5 , Co op Oven chips made in sunflower £1 and birds eye peas with pepper sauce and a strawberry Danone 0% sugar yoghurt. Since following MyFitnessPal’s calories guidance and despite eating these luxuries, such as steak etc. I have lost 3lb in 2 weeks. They do recipes online alongside the smart recipes app who also have a scanner app telling you how many cubes of sugar etc are in the products which helps me to choose wisely. I look forward to trying the banana and egg pancake...
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    I made this recipe from skinny taste called https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=322103. It was very good but I will use fresh, not frozen salmon next time. Very easy also.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Pasta Salad:

- spiral pasta
    - blanched green beans
    - cut up cucumber
    - halved grape tomatoes
    - EVOO, juice of 1 lemon fresh squeezed, and balsamic vinegar
    - salt, pepper, garlic
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited August 2019
    4 lb pork butt @ 250F for 9 hours....melt in mouth delicious pulled pork!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Dorothy Lynch Taco Salad (with a few diety modifications) last night. Delicious
  • nighthawk584
    shunggie wrote: »
    Dorothy Lynch Taco Salad (with a few diety modifications) last night. Delicious
    I love Dorothy Lynch dressing!

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Steamed artichokes dipped in lemon butter followed by bucatini cacio e pepe (not perfect, sauce needed loosening with more starchy pasta water) and asparagus roasted in the leftover lemon butter.
    ku7l05hxdri1.jpg
    4kosf6yjrgp5.jpg

• poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 527 Member
    Made grilled cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches for lunch, and I'm in the midst of making a pot of meat sauce (red) for dinner, gonna have it over a spiralized sauted zucchini, with some fresh marinated veggies I made this afternoon. Yeah, I cook a lot. :D
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited August 2019
    Chicken thighs pan-fried, smothered with a cream sauce made with roasted poblano peppers and cotija/manchego cheese, paired with a Swiss chard and onion stir fry. My macros were super fat-heavy today and I have no regrets!

kow1dl8jug1u.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Tonight (Monday): grilled marinated chicken, grilled (foil packet) green beans, quinoa, tomato/cuke/veg salad. MFP thinks this is about 780cal, 63g protein, 11g fat, 22g fiber. Salad is more from last night's dinner.

cvq0gbhlc7fh.jpg

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Stuffed Peppers for dinner last night.
    Stuffing was: Green Onions, Yellow Squash, Ground Turkey bit of Brown Rice and tomato sauce. Topped it with Cheese and baked on stove. My son didn't turn it off in time and it charred the bottom a bit but it tasted good!
    I'll have to start taking pics!
  • loki334
    loki334 Posts: 8 Member
    Chicken drumsticks, steak flanks, and thai salmon for the week a16aexxnn1ei.jpg
    🙃 I didn't take a picture of the others.
  • Pannduh
    Pannduh Posts: 89 Member
    These are the last 3 dinners I made.

-Smoked sausage with garlic, onion, zucchini and green beans, seasoned with creole seasoning.

- Ground chicken tacos made with cheese shells

- Ground beef casserole. Beef, broccoli, green beans, eryngii mushrooms, onion, garlic, rf cream cheese, rf milk, mozzarella and cheddar cheese.

499t90htgmy3.jpeg
    12wcam9zsz7k.jpeg
    oh8atgwemfly.jpeg
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Bulgogi and rice
  • nighthawk584
    Lemon Pepper & Butter Salmon