Share your Numbers

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    At 5'5, my starting weight was 243lbs. Yesterday, I hit 144. (My all-time low at the beginning of June was 143.5). I'm still a pound away from that 100lb badge (grrr! It's hard not to focus on that, truth be told). I'm aiming for 123 (I like round numbers and 120lbs lost sounds better than 118 pounds lost and it's still in the middleish of my healthy range; I have a small frame) but will reassess when I have my next DEXA scan (which should be sometime in the fall -- I get them at a hefty discount from work) as I'm focused more on bf% than just scale weight.

My maintenance range is 123-130 (for now; I'll know for sure when I get there). That's the range I wanna live life in and also based on "my month", I gain between 5-7 pounds whether it's holidays or vacation/birthday month.

So this week... it is possible that I might hit my 100lb mark... I'm still in my "magic week" as I call it, as I lose weight one week a month. XD

I want it so bad. I think it can sense my desperation and is holding out on me!! :lol:

(also a long time ago, to obfuscate the scale's direct impact on me, I converted from pounds to kilograms because the numbers were different enough that I didn't immediately associate a number with a feeling. It helped me, might help someone else!) Which has helped me when I go to the doctor now as they tell me my weight in kilograms. XD

I LOVE THIS. That is so clever.

Milestones have a ridiculous amount of gravity. I am normally very disciplined but you get me in range of a milestone and I am watching the scale like it owes me money. I think I noted 50 pounds but then it was just 100, 200, and the century changes.

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    @NovusDies Yep. That is EXACTLY how I watch the scale. Like, c'mon. PONY UP THAT LAST POUND. Because I cannot feel like I can claim 100lbs if I've not actually lost 100lbs.

I try to find ways to trick me out of my feels. Seeing Xkg on the scale means very little in terms of emotion. The numbers are so much smaller, but they aren't really, so it tricked me into not focusing on the scale. Which is hard to do as much as I don't want to admit. Despite all my numbers and all my trending and all my knowledge... the scale can still trip me up.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    88,000 steps last week according to my fitbit. Over 12k per day. Now only if losing weight was as easy as logging fitbit steps lol. Feeling good, hope everyone is having a good weekend.
  • corkdorkva
    corkdorkva Posts: 24 Member
    My son gave mea fitbit yesterday to support me getting healthy. I am setting it up today and can’t wait to try it out!
  • jjlewey
    corkdorkva wrote: »
    My son gave mea fitbit yesterday to support me getting healthy. I am setting it up today and can’t wait to try it out!

It is a great tool to help motivate movement. Whatever helps you with a reason to get off the couch is good.
  • NovusDies
    edited August 2019
    Week Recap:

weight change by scale: 1.2
    weight change by def: 2.64
    masking 1.4ish

3 wk rol: 2.47
    6 wk rol: 2.3

weight to lose before surgery: 14.4 <- why does that number seem so huge right now?!?

I thought I might have another unmasked week but it is what it is.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Oh yeah, it was the 1st yesterday. That makes it 7 months now that I've been focusing on health/activity/weight loss.

1/1: 386.6
    2/1: 368.8 (-17.8)
    3/1: 360.6 (-26.0)
    4/1: 348.9 (-37.7)
    5/1: 341.0 (-45.6)
    6/1: 332.6 (-54.0)
    7/1: 322.9 (-63.7)
    8/1: 317.7 (-68.9)
  • jjlewey
    merph518 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, it was the 1st yesterday. That makes it 7 months now that I've been focusing on health/activity/weight loss.

1/1: 386.6
    2/1: 368.8 (-17.8)
    3/1: 360.6 (-26.0)
    4/1: 348.9 (-37.7)
    5/1: 341.0 (-45.6)
    6/1: 332.6 (-54.0)
    7/1: 322.9 (-63.7)
    8/1: 317.7 (-68.9)

Great Job
  • merph518
    Thanks! July was my lowest amount lost in a month so far -- but as long as it's a loss and not a gain, I'll take it.
  • jjlewey
    New low on the scale today, those always feel good. Keep up the momentum.
  • NovusDies
    New low for me too. And a new low for my wife.

• merph518
    edited August 2019
    This morning I matched my recent low from last week after recovering from a 4 lb (ugh) uptick in weight.
  • dhiammarath
    NovusDies wrote: »
    At a new low today. 12.8 pounds to make surgery weight. Still seems like a huge number right now which is no doubt because I am struggling but it is only temporary. I have a large obstacle in my ability to become more active that this surgery will hopefully correct. I wouldn't be doing this to myself on a whim, trust me.

Good luck!! You can do it!!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I threw away cardigans today, I wore one to work and it was constantly falling off my shoulders, they were actually 3 sizes too big!
    Shopping for clothes is still a bit of a lottery but I didn't realise I'd dropped so many sizes.
  • NovusDies
    At a new low today. 12.8 pounds to make surgery weight. Still seems like a huge number right now which is no doubt because I am struggling but it is only temporary. I have a large obstacle in my ability to become more active that this surgery will hopefully correct. I wouldn't be doing this to myself on a whim, trust me.

Thanks.

I should clarify that the reason this is a hurry-up weight loss situation is because of scheduling. If I don't get it done as planned I will have to wait until January at the earliest for everything to line back up. That would be extremely disappointing and leave me a lot more restricted than I want to be anymore.
  • dhiammarath

Thanks.

I should clarify that the reason this is a hurry-up weight loss situation is because of scheduling. If I don't get it done as planned I will have to wait until January at the earliest for everything to line back up. That would be extremely disappointing and leave me a lot more restricted than I want to be anymore.

I assumed that when you mentioned surgery. Especially surgery that will let you get more mobile / lead a healthier life. Keep up the motivation! The hard work and harder restriction right now will pay off in the end. Also, good luck with the surgery once you can get it!
  • NovusDies

Thanks.

I assumed that when you mentioned surgery. Especially surgery that will let you get more mobile / lead a healthier life. Keep up the motivation! The hard work and harder restriction right now will pay off in the end. Also, good luck with the surgery once you can get it!

Thanks again.

It will pay off and while the recovery will be unpleasant and long it will be worth it in the end.

I have learned that cutting 200 calories from your day can really tank your mood and your patience. It seems like a small number but it has made a big impact.
  • jjlewey

Thanks.

Thanks again.

It will pay off and while the recovery will be unpleasant and long it will be worth it in the end.

I have learned that cutting 200 calories from your day can really tank your mood and your patience. It seems like a small number but it has made a big impact.

You got the right attitude, you will get it.
  • NovusDies
    jjlewey wrote: »

Thanks.

Thanks again.

You got the right attitude, you will get it.

Thanks buddy. I can get it done. I just have to keep going the hard road for a bit. It is weird to be giving out advice that I am currently, myself, not following but life is funny that way.