One Punch Man challenge

cfgreear
cfgreear Posts: 189 Member
100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats and a 10km run every day for 100 days. Whos with me?

One Punch Man is an anime about a strong superhero and the workout is from that.

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Cartoons don't need muscle recovery. Humans do. If you can do all that, it means you are already in probably very good shape. It would be better off to do a varied program that allows for improvement and growth than the same program over and over again.
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    I have my fitness plan sorted out but the premise of this post is awesome. ONE PUUUUUUUUNCH!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Meanwhile I was a bit worried you were talking about something like this https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38992393
  • 1998SK
    1998SK Posts: 29 Member
    Hmmm I would try....😊😊
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    cfgreear wrote: »
    100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats and a 10km run every day for 100 days. Whos with me?

One Punch Man is an anime about a strong superhero and the workout is from that.

Will I be able to jump to the moon like Saitama if I do it?
  • I’ll be your Master
    Now Strap me to your back
    and let’s do this
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    I have real life villains to overcome. Muscle fatigue and PRs specifically. The great thing about the fact that I can never truly, 100% best them is that I'm able to clearly see progress over time. It's a great payoff that makes the effort worth it.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I could modify that to my fitness level and it would be wonderful motivation to me in the winter when I don’t get out much.
    100 seconds plank. 100 crunches. Leslie sansome 2 mile walk. What could I sub for the squats?
  • WSwalknLAC9000
    WSwalknLAC9000 Posts: 57 Member
    I am ready for this challenge but I would also like to modify the rules. I live in an area that is not safe for walking or jogging, so I would have to be able to do my 10k on the week days only. But I will also do modified pushups & squats, if that is okay with the challenge. Also what about leg lowers/lifts those are really a better workout for the core muscles.
  • cfgreear
    The entire idea of the challenge is to encourage daily cardio and exercise with compound movements. As long as you do your best and stay active then your body will show results over time. Im just trying to go hard because weights and boxing are not all my body needs to lose weight and stay toned. Heart and lungs need their workout as well. I used to have a bad habit of weights only and no cardio, this is me trying to change it up and make a habit thats good to follow.

You could also do a modified challenge that starts simpler and builds up by the end. Maybe every 25 days increase the intensity. You could start with 2 and a half miles or 5km, 50 push ups, sit ups, and squats that you accomplish in 5 sets of 10. After 25 days if its easier then add 10 or 20 to the number, and by day 100 try to accomplish the full task if you can.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    I was with you until the 10km run lol
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    shaf238 wrote: »
    I was with you until the 10km run lol

+1.. 🤣
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    cfgreear wrote: »
    The entire idea of the challenge is to encourage daily cardio and exercise with compound movements. As long as you do your best and stay active then your body will show results over time. Im just trying to go hard because weights and boxing are not all my body needs to lose weight and stay toned. Heart and lungs need their workout as well. I used to have a bad habit of weights only and no cardio, this is me trying to change it up and make a habit thats good to follow.

You could also do a modified challenge that starts simpler and builds up by the end. Maybe every 25 days increase the intensity. You could start with 2 and a half miles or 5km, 50 push ups, sit ups, and squats that you accomplish in 5 sets of 10. After 25 days if its easier then add 10 or 20 to the number, and by day 100 try to accomplish the full task if you can.

That's more in line with what I consider healthy for someone starting out, or returning to it as I am. Jeff Cavalier has routines added to his workout programs similar to that, and AthleanX Xero was my go to for quite a while, although his added challenges are timed, like the 400 which is 4 exercises, 100 reps each as fast as you can. It might be a great indicator of where a person is at when they take the challenge, but day in and day out is a bit much for me lol. If I remember correctly you hit a challenge once per month.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Haven't watched, but watched this channel before:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2iICRLVkfY
  • cfgreear
    His channel is good, smart guy who bases a lot of workouts on anime backgrounds. Here is the video that motivated me to start the challenge. It really shows the effectiveness of consistency.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=a1OqNX6IkdU