What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Lora2380 wrote: »
    Summers are hard to loose weight! It’s hot so I don’t want to cook inside( which leads to fast junky foods), lots of weekend get togethers, snacks everywhere, late nights..... ugh I thought because weather is nice I would be more active and it would be easier, not so much lol 😂 I for some reason keep forgetting that this is not easy, but have to remember that it is worth it.

Seriously, I always plan non-cooking meals like sandwiches on the really hot weeks because just the thought of turning on the oven or burner breaks me out in a sweat.
    I'm one of those weird people who craves things like hearty stews and warm, comforting food year-round. I think part of the reason I love autumn so much is that it's socially acceptable to start making chili again :lol:

That's me and ice cream! Halo Top in -20F weather? *kitten* yeah. Summer is too short here to only enjoy ice cream during that time.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Summers are hard to loose weight! It’s hot so I don’t want to cook inside( which leads to fast junky foods), lots of weekend get togethers, snacks everywhere, late nights..... ugh I thought because weather is nice I would be more active and it would be easier, not so much lol 😂 I for some reason keep forgetting that this is not easy, but have to remember that it is worth it.

Seriously, I always plan non-cooking meals like sandwiches on the really hot weeks because just the thought of turning on the oven or burner breaks me out in a sweat.
    I'm one of those weird people who craves things like hearty stews and warm, comforting food year-round. I think part of the reason I love autumn so much is that it's socially acceptable to start making chili again :lol:

That's me and ice cream! Halo Top in -20F weather? *kitten* yeah. Summer is too short here to only enjoy ice cream during that time.

I love that Halo Top. fav is the swirl with 3 different flavors. That is the hardest one to find though!
  • RelCanonical

I love that Halo Top. fav is the swirl with 3 different flavors. That is the hardest one to find though!

I don't think I've even heard on that one. Now I want it. I've heard there's a nutella one but I haven't been able to find that either.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    I'm starting to see how people can just not see themselves a certain way. I'm down about 50lbs. When I look in the mirror, I think I look nice and slim. When I take a picture, I FINALLY see a slim person - that took a while. When I look down at myself, though. Ehhhh. I can't say that I don't think I've made any progress, as there are obvious examples, like how much legs are much slimmer on the inner thigh. However, I just don't really feel slim? I've still got about ten pounds before I'm in a healthy weight range, so it's not like I'm floating near underweight and thinking this - I actually am still overweight - but still. Maybe my eyeballs haven't caught up yet, and the mirror and the pictures are just better at telling the truth.

I think I look really slim from the side but gigantic from the front. I'm in size 8's now so there's no way I'm still fat. Your mind screws with you when it comes to your appearance.
  • RelCanonical
    My new leggings are too big (3 bucks at Walmart, so meh, I'll live with them). My brain refuses to believe I actually need to buy smalls now.

3 bucks?! Amazin’

I just bought underwear in medium, also from Walmart. We’ll see how it goes. I haven’t bought new underwear since starting my weight loss, so it will be weird having some that actually fit.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    My new leggings are too big (3 bucks at Walmart, so meh, I'll live with them). My brain refuses to believe I actually need to buy smalls now.

3 bucks?! Amazin’

I just bought underwear in medium, also from Walmart. We’ll see how it goes. I haven’t bought new underwear since starting my weight loss, so it will be weird having some that actually fit.

Clearance :smiley: Go figure, they only had one pair. Lots of the larger sizes though.

I couldn't stand having baggy underwear, so I bought all new a few times. Just the multi pack of Hanes the stuff until I got maintenance though. It's expensive replacing undies!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I saw a cute pair of pants on the clearance rack today. They were only available in extra large. The only reason I was shopping was because even my extra large yoga pants are starting to droop.
  • RelCanonical
    That although the boobs may shrink to preteen sizes, there is hope! Weight lifting has given me faux cleavage in the form of actual chest muscle. Downside: it’s also given me lats/traps that preclude some tops/bras meant for ladies with my size chest 🙄

Please, take some of my boob. But you have to take some of my should width too, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!