Home Treadmill Recommendation

Happy Monday!!
My husband and I are looking for recommendations on a home treadmill. We are looking to spend under $1000.

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• sarahEA88
    sarahEA88 Posts: 15 Member
    Not a brand recommendation, but I bought mine on Craigslist. Realistically, most home equipment being sold is barely used.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Sole is decent. $1000 won't get you a top of the line treadmill. At that price, you might consider one without a motor. Personally, I like my fitness equipment not to have a motor. More expensive stuff to break down. Rowers, BikeErgs, Assault Bikes, the SkiErg -- all equipment with no motor, lower cost and higher resale values than treadmills.
  • sharonbryan5725
    sharonbryan5725 Posts: 2 Member
    I have a Pro-Form Crosswalk Fit 415. I got it on sale at Sear's in 2014. I've really enjoyed it and I believe it was on sale for about $500. I haven't had any trouble with it and I use it regularly!
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    I just wanted to say don't make the mistake we did and completely cheap out. We bought an aftermarket $150 treadmill from Sears that only does walk/jog. The stride is SO SHORT and the treadmill itself is super narrow- my husband can barely use it. I only use it for walking to top up my Fitbit steps because jogging on it hurts my knees. Jogging at the gym or outside doesn't hurt my knees at all.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    For $1000 I suggest buying used. I once bought a $700 dreadmill that turned out to be useless for runners. I later learned that most cheaper dreadmills are not made to last.

Check out treadmilldoctor.com for reviews and look on Craigslist for decent used models.

Good luck.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    It m,ay sound trite but buy the best you can afford. A decent quality treadmill that's going to last is not cheap but, if you're willing to buy used and are patient you can probably get a great deal on a higher end machine. I have a Pacemaster (they seem to be out of business) that is over 10 years old and has almost zero repairs.

If you're going to be running on it look for a wide, long deck. Cheaper models usually have small decks which are fine for walking. Look for a used Precor or Life Fitness (they both make club quality equipment that is super expensive but also make great home machines that new start in the $2,000 to $3,00 range)
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    It m,ay sound trite but buy the best you can afford. A decent quality treadmill that's going to last is not cheap but, if you're willing to buy used and are patient you can probably get a great deal on a higher end machine. I have a Pacemaster (they seem to be out of business) that is over 10 years old and has almost zero repairs.

If you're going to be running on it look for a wide, long deck. Cheaper models usually have small decks which are fine for walking. Look for a used Precor or Life Fitness (they both make club quality equipment that is super expensive but also make great home machines that new start in the $2,000 to $3,00 range)

^^^^This!! I agree. Buy the best you can afford. I spent about 2 hours at the "treadmill store" - testing out various brands and models at all price ranges. I ended up paying about $2,700. I figured - if I'm going to use it - I have to LOVE it. And I do :)
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    sarahEA88 wrote: »
    Not a brand recommendation, but I bought mine on Craigslist. Realistically, most home equipment being sold is barely used.

I 2nd this idea! Do you have a Play It Again sports store where you live? Great prices are guaranteed!
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited August 2019
    Check the local used ads near you. I bought mine from fella that was supposed to use it for rehab after a heart attack. He said he used it for 10 minutes and never stepped on it again. It has a 4HP motor (for serious running), incline, cushioned deck all the bells and whistles (gym quality). Got it for $100 bux. That was 6 years ago still run it every day. A lot of people start out with good intentions. Then over do it and and never use the equipment again and just want it gone. I furnished a complete home gym of top quality equipment on this premise for pennies. If you're not in a hurry you'll find a good deal. Good luck!
  • alesandramichelle
    alesandramichelle Posts: 5 Member
    Try Craigslist love! I bought a Reebok treadmill in 2011 and have used it like crazy ever since! It’s still going strong! It was $600 goes up to 12mph and incline up to 10% including .5 increments which lots don’t offer. Usually I prefer to buy new things, but with workout equipment being so expensive I needed an alternative. Plus if you think about it, people willing to take care of themselves and their bodies usually take great care of their things. Looked at 3 different treadmills back then, all in really nice neighborhoods all being sold by the kindest ridiculously godly athletic people lol. Best of luck on your journey!
  • ifyouonlyknew1492
    ifyouonlyknew1492 Posts: 64 Member
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have lots of work to do and glad I asked.

Have a great day! :)