• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Cheeri "O" s
    Wheet "O" s
    "O"ats
    T"O"ast
    Bac"O"n

Hope this helps >:)

Alpha bits cereal & alphabet soup both absolute contraindications; people with type O blood will like totally suffer stroke from those pesky As & Bs

"O" Dear, sorry.
  • manderson27
    Cheeri "O" s
    Wheet "O" s
    "O"ats
    T"O"ast
    Bac"O"n

You forgot chOcOlate.

Damn, I did didn't I. Thank you.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    BDonjon wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    I just had a look as I'm also an O

"Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D'Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have."

Right, makes total sense as protein-rich food is a massive reflux trigger for me. I'd thus have to take PPI and other meds to prevent me from corroding my oesophagus, developing cancer and losing my teeth due to acid.

So Type O is essentially Paleo. I'm an O, and I've never in my adult life felt healthier than I did during my time doing Paleo.
    I don't intend to preach on how great Paleo or Type O blood is, that's just my perspective.

I don't due to reflux related to protein, and an inability to digest fats properly. I love carbs anyway. Carbs all the way.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    When I first read the title of this thread - I thought "Type O" was a personality type. I had heard of the "type A" personality - so I was trying to figure out what type O was, and why one would eat based on what kind of personality they have. I feel a book coming on...LOL.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    I wonder what these guys eat? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3aiM8K6D0
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited August 2019
    When I first read the title of this thread - I thought "Type O" was a personality type. I had heard of the "type A" personality - so I was trying to figure out what type O was, and why one would eat based on what kind of personality they have. I feel a book coming on...LOL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_personality_theory

https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/personality/blood-type-personality-what-does-your-blood-say-about-you/

"People with blood type O are outgoing, go-getters, and daring. They usually set high standards for themselves, and they do all they can to achieve them. Os have excellent leadership capabilities. Little things do not concern them, and this makes them appear as selfish to people in blood group A who are overly sensitive.

People with blood group O are generous and kind-hearted. Most people love this blood type. O blood type personalities adapt well to change. They are flexible and resilient and can do relatively well even in tough situations.

Some of the positive personality traits in people with blood type O are; leadership ability, self-determined, easygoing, optimistic, calm, confident, outgoing, loyal, cautious, passionate, peaceful, resilient, independent, trendsetter, reliable, carefree, and devoted. On the centrally, they are also jealous, rude, ruthless, insensitive, unpunctual, unpredictable, cold, self-centered, workaholic, and arrogant.

Individuals with blood type O are very enduring and strong, and that is why the Japanese call them Warriors. They are honest people and hate people who tell a lie or hide the truth. People with this blood type are not overly cautious about small details, as they tend to focus more on the big picture....

Famous people with blood type O are such as Queen Elizabeth II, Paul Newman, Elvis Parsley [I wonder if he's an Elvis Presley impersonator], and Ronald Re[a]gan, John Gotti, and Gerald Ford."

(My note: it's an exceptionally common type. Also, this is absurd, of course -- if you woo me, just know I know it's woo!) ;-)
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Cheeri "O" s
    Wheet "O" s
    "O"ats
    T"O"ast
    Bac"O"n

you have committed the sin of omitting TAC"O"s, how dare you, heathen! REPENT!
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Didn't think there was a way of eating for a blood type? This is new news to me lol! Our ancestors didn't eat according to blood type, heck didn't even know what it was and they were fine (or we wouldn't be here today lol) I am still intrigued by this concept now , gotta look up this rubbish XD
  • MPDean
    MPDean Posts: 99 Member
    Does the rhesus factor matter? E.g. Do O+ and O- have to eat different things?

What about all the other surface proteins on red blood corpuscles?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/personality/blood-type-personality-what-does-your-blood-say-about-you/

"People with blood type O are outgoing, go-getters, and daring. They usually set high standards for themselves, and they do all they can to achieve them. Os have excellent leadership capabilities. Little things do not concern them, and this makes them appear as selfish to people in blood group A who are overly sensitive.

People with blood group O are generous and kind-hearted. Most people love this blood type. O blood type personalities adapt well to change. They are flexible and resilient and can do relatively well even in tough situations.

Some of the positive personality traits in people with blood type O are; leadership ability, self-determined, easygoing, optimistic, calm, confident, outgoing, loyal, cautious, passionate, peaceful, resilient, independent, trendsetter, reliable, carefree, and devoted. On the centrally, they are also jealous, rude, ruthless, insensitive, unpunctual, unpredictable, cold, self-centered, workaholic, and arrogant.

Individuals with blood type O are very enduring and strong, and that is why the Japanese call them Warriors. They are honest people and hate people who tell a lie or hide the truth. People with this blood type are not overly cautious about small details, as they tend to focus more on the big picture....

Famous people with blood type O are such as Queen Elizabeth II, Paul Newman, Elvis Parsley [I wonder if he's an Elvis Presley impersonator], and Ronald Re[a]gan, John Gotti, and Gerald Ford."

(My note: it's an exceptionally common type. Also, this is absurd, of course -- if you woo me, just know I know it's woo!) ;-)

OMG! I think I need to redo the blood test because this is exactly what I'm not, being introvert, interested in minor details, NOT CALM AT ALL!, not a leader, etc. :D I'm also a bit on the spectrum, thus maybe my blood is messed up to start with :D
  • manderson27
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    Cheeri "O" s
    Wheet "O" s
    "O"ats
    T"O"ast
    Bac"O"n

I am British I have no idea what a Taco is. But if you would like to send me some I will gladly try them :p
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Cheeri "O" s
    Wheet "O" s
    "O"ats
    T"O"ast
    Bac"O"n

I am British I have no idea what a Taco is. But if you would like to send me some I will gladly try them :p

Is this proof that Australia is indeed more developed than our 'mother country' of Britain?
  • manderson27
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Cheeri "O" s
    Wheet "O" s
    "O"ats
    T"O"ast
    Bac"O"n

Is this proof that Australia is indeed more developed than our 'mother country' of Britain?

No I was just trying to get free sympathy Taco's >:):p
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

OMG! I think I need to redo the blood test because this is exactly what I'm not, being introvert, interested in minor details, NOT CALM AT ALL!, not a leader, etc. :D I'm also a bit on the spectrum, thus maybe my blood is messed up to start with :D

I'm with you! Was thinking the exact same thing 😂
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Cheeri "O" s
    Wheet "O" s
    "O"ats
    T"O"ast
    Bac"O"n

You forgot chOcOlate.

I'm O+, so I get more chocolate.