Avocado recipes please share

Sm3018
Sm3018 Posts: 55 Member
I love avocados can anyone share there avocado recipes? I like mixed with Tuna instead of using mayo

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I make a "green goddess" dip/sauce/ dressing that I use in all sorts of stuff:
    1 avocado, 1 package silken tofu, garlic to taste (for me that's about 4 cloves), salt and pepper to taste. Sometimes I add tomatillo sauce or salsa as well.

Use it as a salad dressing, or as warm and serve over sauteed veggies.

Add some nutritional yeast, and you can use it in a casserole-type dish as a replacement for cream of mushroom soup or sour cream. I love it in scalloped yellow squash or zucchini!
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    It's really good sliced and put on pizza after it's out of the oven. Your pizza can be super lower calorie and have little or no cheese and the avocado will bring richness and fat. So good.

I like to make a quick guacamole with chopped avocado, diced onion, diced fresh hot pepper, salt, pepper, quick squeeze of lime and cilantro if you like it. That alone is good on a sandwich. If you want protein, add some chopped boiled eggs or chicken, etc. Make the guac thinner by adding stock or water and no meat and use it as a salad dressing.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    i mush it up as use it as a topping on egg white omelettes
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I'm not very adventurous with avocado but love it.

I mash it, squeeze a 1/4 lime wedge into it, a sprinkle of salt and that's my simple guac.

I cut into slices, top my toast with it, then top that with an over easy egg.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited August 2019
    Make into guacamole, then use it in a wrap with diced roasted chicken, lemon, cilantro and a bit of salsa.
  • soniasharma2
    soniasharma2 Posts: 15 Member
    I use this recipe from the Smitten Kitchen blog for avocado-cucumber salad. I swap out half or all of the mayo (2 tbs) for greek yogurt.

https://smittenkitchen.com/2015/04/obsessively-good-avocado-cucumber-salad/
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Dead easy leftover chicken salad.

Some chopped up leftover roast chicken, a chopped up avocado, a jar of commercial salsa, a handful of chopped cilantro. Have it in a soft tortilla or a wrap.
  • Sm3018
    I make a "green goddess" dip/sauce/ dressing that I use in all sorts of stuff:
    1 avocado, 1 package silken tofu, garlic to taste (for me that's about 4 cloves), salt and pepper to taste. Sometimes I add tomatillo sauce or salsa as well.

Use it as a salad dressing, or as warm and serve over sauteed veggies.

Add some nutritional yeast, and you can use it in a casserole-type dish as a replacement for cream of mushroom soup or sour cream. I love it in scalloped yellow squash or zucchini!

Yum thanks!
  • Sm3018
    It's really good sliced and put on pizza after it's out of the oven. Your pizza can be super lower calorie and have little or no cheese and the avocado will bring richness and fat. So good.

I like to make a quick guacamole with chopped avocado, diced onion, diced fresh hot pepper, salt, pepper, quick squeeze of lime and cilantro if you like it. That alone is good on a sandwich. If you want protein, add some chopped boiled eggs or chicken, etc. Make the guac thinner by adding stock or water and no meat and use it as a salad dressing.

Never thought of putting avocado on top of pizza sounds yummy
  • Sm3018
    Pasta sauce. Dump a pitted and peeled avocado in the food processor with a large handful of basil leaves or some pesto and some Greek Yoghurt, plus a generous squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Whizz and stir into hot pasta! Optional add ins, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan.

Yum thanks
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Sm3018 wrote: »
    I love avocados can anyone share there avocado recipes? I like mixed with Tuna instead of using mayo

I love Avocado with Tuna and hot sauce or salsa! I keep it pretty simple :)
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    I hesitate to call this a recipe, but I love avocado and a really good tomato chopped up and topped with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. I'm thinking those bocconcini would be a nice addition, but I haven't tried it.
  • neekazan
    neekazan Posts: 12 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yesterday morning I combined half a mashed up avocado with one forth chopped red bell pepper, fresh cilantro salt and pepper to taste. I spread it on a whole wheat toast.
  • lynnmhatcher
    lynnmhatcher Posts: 21 Member
    Just a spoon and salt and pepper, or add salsa.
  • jhawkgirl15
    jhawkgirl15 Posts: 1 Member
    Taco stuffed avocados are the bomb! I either use taco seasoned shredded chicken or ground turkey/ beef, then add taco toppings, cheese, taco sauce, pico, sour cream, and lettuce. It's so good!
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    I like to slice em in half, dust em with a lil grated parmesan, and stick em under the broiler. Then just eat it outta the peel with a spoon. Yum.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    This is my all time favorite!

COWBOY CAVIAR

Into a large mixing bowl:

2 cups cooked black beans (or 1 can drained)
    1 can white sweet corn, drained
    2 roma tomatoes, diced
    2 avocados, diced
    1 bunch green onions, tops only, chopped

Vinaigrette:

¼ cup Avocado Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper

Whisk vinaigrette together, pour over veggies and stir to combine.
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Thinkin' about this one now that I feel fall creeping up. I like it with extra hot sauce and a spoonful of sour cream.
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-and-avocado-soup/
    Chicken-and-Avocado-Soup-7.jpg