Anyone in their 50's?

Options
Johnk942
Johnk942 Posts: 109 Member
I have amazing friends on here. But, I am wondering if more of my peers are making use of MFP? I am 57 and making great progress! Up for some mutual encouragement.

Replies

• SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    51 here. Keep up the good work
  • ehullett
    ehullett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    49, will be 50 in November
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I just turned 60 on Sunday.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    54 here , lost 62 lbs so far.
  • MtnGirl708
    MtnGirl708 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m 58, and just getting started!
  • slimmyjimmy68
    slimmyjimmy68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    51 in 2 weeks and been on here for just 10 days. 1200 calories a day, holiday body wanted!
  • Adjie61
    Adjie61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new and in my 50s
  • firstclass2c
    firstclass2c Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    51 here. Need to drop 30. In good health. Need to find some local friends for hiking and exercise.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Hi all 56 started again a couple of months ago but this time included friends and it seems to be working needed to lose 1stone 6 lbs and so far last 8lb a lb a week so getting there, friend mecif you want.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I'm 54. Started counting calories in my head at the beginning of July. My adult son was using this app and I decided that would be easier. I'm down 5 pounds since the end of April - 4 of them since I started counting calories. Want to lose at least 10 more.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've been 57 for 2 months now.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Getting there another lb gone yippee.
  • firstclass2c
    firstclass2c Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Weighed in today and down 2.8lbs this week!
    Great start for the first week.
  • biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am 50. Feel great in my body, way better than when I was 20 or 30.
  • Ostrich218
    Ostrich218 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, first post I’m 52, managed to gain 20lbs over the last 2-3 years having dropped 60 lbs 5 years before

I’m ashamed to be back to this point because I did so well for years, but I got smug, stopped tracking well, lost control and hit menopausal hormonal swings

Part of me wonders why bother at my age and the other part is going “I ain’t dead” yet (Terry Pratchett reference for those in the know)

Diets always start on Monday and as I’m on vacation and my husband’s birthday is tomorrow I’ve decided Monday is the day for me too.
  • annliz23
    Options
    I’m 54, have lost 28lb since Jan this year. 12lb more to go to get my BMI under 25. Deliberately doing this slowly so I haven’t lost any energy or felt deprived.

Slow and steady is better than a quick fix and you are not likely to keep it off.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Ostrich218 wrote: »
    Hello, first post I’m 52, managed to gain 20lbs over the last 2-3 years having dropped 60 lbs 5 years before

I’m ashamed to be back to this point because I did so well for years, but I got smug, stopped tracking well, lost control and hit menopausal hormonal swings

Part of me wonders why bother at my age and the other part is going “I ain’t dead” yet (Terry Pratchett reference for those in the know)

Diets always start on Monday and as I’m on vacation and my husband’s birthday is tomorrow I’ve decided Monday is the day for me too.

You are never to old to start!
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,715 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If anyone is interested, there are some regular threads in addition to this one for folks in your age group. :)

For the ladies - Here's a link to a very nice group of 50+ ladies that have a monthly support thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10757359/women-ages-50-for-august-2019#latest

this is middle-agers group:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10485058/the-middle-agers-group-upper-30s-40s-amp-50ish-folks#latest

and here's a mixed-gender 50s thread like this one:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10716128/men-women-in-their-50s-starting-anew-in-2019#latest
  • Stefan0408
    Stefan0408 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turned 56 last Sunday. The best is yet to come 😀. Just getting started here.