Keto beginner looking for Keto friends

old_me
old_me Posts: 69 Member
Hi,

I'm Avy. I just started back on the MFP community. I have a lot to lose...50-55 lbs is my goal.

This time, I've decided to try going with the ketogenic plan and would love to have some keto friends to chat with abput ideas and tips, beginner or experienced.

I'm also conbining this with intermittent fasting in a 9 hour eating window. I just started a few days ago and so far so good, but that's because I've eaten the same thing each day to make it easier to get started. Will have to add some variety soon! 😊

Avy

Replies

• bvbblegvms
    bvbblegvms Posts: 50 Member
    Hey there Avy!

I'm Jessica and I'm starting keto back up this month. It's worked for me in the past but I haven't met my goal yet so it's back to work.
  • yvnursechick
    yvnursechick Posts: 94 Member
    Fell free to add me
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

There are many keto members and threads. Do a search and you'll probably find new recipes. Good luck with your journey!
  • goodmojo
    goodmojo Posts: 3 Member
    This is my first time trying KETO.
    First week down 8lbs. I know it’s water but nice to see scale move down.
    Let’s see what happens week two. I started intermediate fasting too. I’m just not hungry.
  • butwhy2018
    butwhy2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Started keto last week. Add me
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Started Keto about two months ago. The Keto group and The Low Carber Daily Forum groups on MFP are great.

Active discussions about Keto, advice, tips, and recipes.

Good luck!
  • 1jessicajean1
    1jessicajean1 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey I'm Jessica, I just started keto today. My goal is roughly 50 pounds as well. Definitely feel free to add me :)
  • goodmojo
    goodmojo Posts: 3 Member
    Add me too
  • roseyred453
    roseyred453 Posts: 1 Member
    Just getting ready to start Keto myself would love to have a friend.

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Just getting ready to start Keto myself would love to have a friend.

@roseyred453

Check out the Keto group, I love the groups. The Low Carber Daily Forum group is the other one.

Both are active with discussions, tips, and food.

It's the best place to get info about low carb styles of eating.

Good luck!!
  • kchildress774
    kchildress774 Posts: 2 Member
    old_me wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm Avy. I just started back on the MFP community. I have a lot to lose...50-55 lbs is my goal.

This time, I've decided to try going with the ketogenic plan and would love to have some keto friends to chat with abput ideas and tips, beginner or experienced.

I'm also conbining this with intermittent fasting in a 9 hour eating window. I just started a few days ago and so far so good, but that's because I've eaten the same thing each day to make it easier to get started. Will have to add some variety soon! 😊

Avy

• kchildress774
    kchildress774 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey Avy - I’m also doing IF 18:6 and Keto (minimizing carbs). I’d love to share foods, recipes, encourage etc. I was surprised that I’m down 10lbs since April seeing I’ve been kinda hit or miss with success of non drinking, IF and low carbs. I still have at least 30 lbs of belly fat/overall fat to get rid of. It’s a process for sure
  • coppers2017
    coppers2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Brand new to keto world... almost 2 weeks in. -12.4 lbs down...
    I can do this!!
    Good luck to everyone on this journey❤️
  • Wreckitmanny
    Wreckitmanny Posts: 1 Member
    Hey guys, just started last week, my wife and I did. If y'all want to add me for motivation, comparison of food diaries.
  • annekahbills
    annekahbills Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in my first week. Lost 12lbs. Add me!!!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I'm going to give Keto a try myself as I now get back into tracking.