Weight Loss Victories

Replies

• jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Today I tried on two pairs of leggings that I’d put away till they fit... and now they do!!! I’m at a HIIT class tonight so I’m going to show a pair off lol

It's a good feeling when clothes fit better or you drop a size
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Today I tried on two pairs of leggings that I’d put away till they fit... and now they do!!! I’m at a HIIT class tonight so I’m going to show a pair off lol

Fabulous, I have a wardrobe full of clothes that are too snug, all new from the sales, it's a real buzz when something fits. Enjoy your class in your new, smaller, leggings :)
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    I made it through the first day of the Couch to 5k program this morning after failing to do so back in May. B)
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    edited August 2019
    broke through 240 this morning! down to 239.4 (though of course that may bounce up a bit tomorrow).

also got a health screening yesterday as a part of my employer's wellness program. fasting glucose was good, low triglycerides, and slightly elevated cholesterol--including HDL, the good stuff. I'm going to email my endo to see what she thinks, but I felt pretty good about it! plus, it wasn't so awful stepping on the scale since I knew what to expect.
  • merph518
    amkita wrote: »
    broke through 240 this morning! down to 239.4 (though of course that may bounce up a bit tomorrow).

also got a health screening yesterday as a part of my employer's wellness program. fasting glucose was good, low triglycerides, and slightly elevated cholesterol--including HDL, the good stuff. I'm going to email my endo to see what she thinks, but I felt pretty good about it! plus, it wasn't so awful stepping on the scale since I knew what to expect.

Nice on both counts! I'm actually looking forward to next year's physical, something I haven't said for like 10 years, ha. My last one was in March and I had lost about 25lbs by that point and my doctor was impressed/encouraging. I'm eager to show how far I've come since then (and likely much farther than I am now) next March.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    jjlewey wrote: »
    Getting close to my first milestone, below 400. New low weight today 403, if the current trend holds this weekend I should be in the 3's.

I will let you get your 3 because it is a big deal but after that I will be hounding you to slow down. If you do it on Aug 10th you will be exactly 1 year from when I did it.

• jjlewey
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Getting close to my first milestone, below 400. New low weight today 403, if the current trend holds this weekend I should be in the 3's.

I will let you get your 3 because it is a big deal but after that I will be hounding you to slow down. If you do it on Aug 10th you will be exactly 1 year from when I did it.

I have been thinking about needing to slow down. I want to sustain, this needs to be my last time starting lol
  • NovusDies
    edited August 2019
    NovusDies wrote: »

I have been thinking about needing to slow down. I want to sustain, this needs to be my last time starting lol

Yep. This is it. You will get it all done this time. I am highly, and perhaps intrusively, invested in all the LL regular members' progress.
  • NovusDies
    Today, this happened.

Congratulations!! We need to rig some balloons in this place or one of those AGT golden buzzers for stuff like this.
  • jjlewey
    Today, this happened.

pzraxo4cd5ku.png

GREAT JOB 😋😋😋😋😋😋😋
  • merph518
    @dhiammarath Congrats!!
  • NovusDies
    merph518 wrote: »
    She's not active in the community side of MFP yet, but I just wanted to share that my wife has lost 57 lbs since we both started working on our health. She told me this morning and I was surprised the number was that high. (she's only been using MFP for a short time and I didn't have access to her stats from before that, heh)

I'm very lucky that she's taking this journey with me, it makes everything so much easier when your significant other isn't eating poorly or tempting you with food you shouldn't eat.

Tell your wife that some random internet weirdo said "Good Job!".

• real_change
    real_change Posts: 53 Member
    I joined this group shortly after I had my surgery. I weighted 237 pounds. I’ve spent most of my recovery time working on creating a sustainable weight loss lifestyle and strategies for stress reduction (which triggers my binge eating). I’ve waited to weigh myself because I didn’t want that to be my focus. But I finally feel ready to start tracking my weight this week. As of today, I’m 227.3. Still a long ways to go but I’m glad my work is paying off. I expect things will slow down quite a bit since some of this loss has to be water weight. My calorie goal is 1lb weekly weight loss but I’m really aiming for .5 lbs a week because I want it to last and I want to enjoy going out with friends and family. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • NovusDies
    edited August 2019
    I joined this group shortly after I had my surgery. I weighted 237 pounds. I’ve spent most of my recovery time working on creating a sustainable weight loss lifestyle and strategies for stress reduction (which triggers my binge eating). I’ve waited to weigh myself because I didn’t want that to be my focus. But I finally feel ready to start tracking my weight this week. As of today, I’m 227.3. Still a long ways to go but I’m glad my work is paying off. I expect things will slow down quite a bit since some of this loss has to be water weight. My calorie goal is 1lb weekly weight loss but I’m really aiming for .5 lbs a week because I want it to last and I want to enjoy going out with friends and family. Slow and steady wins the race.

A 10 pound loss is still nice to see on the scale even if a mixture of fat loss and water. I am not fond of carrying around extra water weight so I am usually happy to stay on the low side there too. I don't notice a couple of pounds but I do notice 5+. It is just easier.

As always if there is anything you need from me or others to assist with your Beck program let me/us know.

• NovusDies
    I weighed in at docs yesterday and I am down another 4 pounds! Hooray! I don't way often, only at doctor appointments. So this is 4 pounds since July 24th.
    Putting my total at 81 pounds down since 2015. Slug like I know but I didn't really start putting a lot of effort in until I joined MFP 27 days ago. In those 27 days I am down a total of 21 pounds.

Nothing sluggish about that at all. Time was going to pass anyway so you might as well lose some weight. I think a fair number of us wouldn't mind going back at some point in our past and being a "slug" for 4 years losing 81 pounds instead of maintaining or gaining. I would even say that being in a downward trend for 4 years is actually quite astounding.
  • merph518
    I'm a firm believer in that losing weight, at any rate, is a success. Keep it up @jeannalyn1227 :)