What was the lowest/worst point in your life?

Phoenixsunflr
Phoenixsunflr Posts: 78 Member
When did you hit rock bottom? What was the situation and how did you dig yourself out of it?! And what did you learn from it?

Im sending out this questions because to you guys because i am interested to know what we are all going through Individually. It’s a topic we rarely discuss and want everyone to realise that you not alone even though it feels like that most of the time. We are all going through something gut wrenching and painful that we can’t even tell our nearest and dearest. So be brave and share your stories. I’m certain it will help another person ❤️
Love you guys ❤️

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    The worst moment of my life was when my (then) husband held a knife to my throat and the look on his eyes told me I would not live through the night.
    Miraculously I did survive and every day since then has been a gift and I keep getting better.

Wow. I am so pleased you got out of there safely!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    My lowest point was last December. The night before Christmas eve. A culmination of events caused me to wonder my value on this planet and I was in a pretty dark place. Had been for a long time. It was in that moment my little kitty, who was not a lap cat, came and sat on me, purring and giving me kisses. I figured he needed me, even if no one else did. He isn't around anymore, but I am thankfully.

Animals are angels in disguise. I am glad you had him and that are still around 🤗
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    When I was 18 and pregnant with my 1st son my then boyfriend started taking drugs. He stole everything I had, mentally abused me until I felt like I had no one else. He would not leave my house when I asked him. I got a job to try and save to get me and my son out of there and the 2nd day I came home to him so high he couldn't speak, my little one had woken up and was crying. That day I took my baby and left, the council wouldn't help me and basically we was homeless for 6 months. I had to fight to get rehomed, we had nothing and had to start again but it was the best thing I ever did.

You are a strong woman! Mental abuse is no joke. Just because the scars and bruises are not visible, does not mean they aren't there
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    When I was 18 and pregnant with my 1st son my then boyfriend started taking drugs. He stole everything I had, mentally abused me until I felt like I had no one else. He would not leave my house when I asked him. I got a job to try and save to get me and my son out of there and the 2nd day I came home to him so high he couldn't speak, my little one had woken up and was crying. That day I took my baby and left, the council wouldn't help me and basically we was homeless for 6 months. I had to fight to get rehomed, we had nothing and had to start again but it was the best thing I ever did.

I'm so sorry you went through that, and really admire your strength and courage. I have been a victim of mental abuse too, it's actually what led me to my post above. So pleased you and your little one are doing well.