Newbie needs help!

Hi all

I have been doing Omad for the last 2 nearly 3 weeks and although it hasn’t been overly hard as I tend to skip breakfast usually. Then I have just been pushing lunch back to about 2 or 3pm depending on my clients. I’m a beauty therapist so can’t have my tummy rumbling throughout treatments. I’m short 5,3” and am sitting at 77kgs post baby but now he’s 1 and finished breastfeeding so thought I’d get into losing baby weight. I’m drinking water throughout the day and nothing from about 3pm until the next day. I’m hitting my calorie goals pretty nicely and keeping carbs to a maximum of about 40g. My exercise is mostly running around the spa all day. But my problem is that the first 10 days was fine and felt I was loosing weight. But now for the last few days it’s been creeping up higher and I’m now slightly heavier than when I started.

Any help would be appreciated as I’m new to omad. But not IF. Do I need to lower my carbs?

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hi there and a warm welcome <3

When I started OMAD, I watched all the videos from here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqU8_UPK09E2RRt78CXJ2KQ

Everyone is different as I am a carb lover and when I try to go low of carbs, everything went bonkers. So, there's a lot of trials and errors. OMAD is a lifestyle for us :)

Hope this will help you <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome, this is a great group of support here. The videos above are amazing and hopefully you will get on track. Sometimes in the beginning our bodies want to fight back, so just stay the course and you will succeed.
  • Yes I can just repeat the ladies before me..

Stick with it, watch the videos.

I wouldn't do low carb but that's just me personally as i want to eat what i want.
    It will be a lot of trial and error and also as things change there will be adjustments.
    But that's down the road. Eat once a day preferably one plate of 'normal' food (I never have been really strict hence my progress is slow but steady). You are the boss, if you are dedicated you WILL succeed..

All the best to you.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yeah I forgot to add I am from the south and I can't do no carb LOL too difficult :).....But that is just me!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I tend toward the lower end of the carb range naturally but I agree, I don't do it purposefully.

Welcome to the group and OMAD lifestyle!

As far as starting to creep back up, are you following the basics? Are you sticking to the one plate rule/keeping your cals in check? Happy to help in any way we can!
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Stick with it. Just make sure you don't overeat and watch for the hidden calories. Low carb is great, and I naturally go towards it like @mistymeadows2005 but there's a lot of calories in low carb food. Also, I know I tend to hold water weight for days....no matter how much I drink. Don't get discouraged. It's a marathon, not a sprint.