In your 60’s

Replies

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    I'm almost ashamed to post. I have a family of raccoons I feed every night around 11:00. Last night I was making them PB sandwiches, and the smell was driving me crazy, as I LOVE peanut butter. Just gave the knife a lick, after I finished spreading it on the bread. Then it was,: "Well, 1 tbs. won't hurt.". Next thing you know, more than a quarter of the jar was gone. Not only did I mess up my IF for today, but I probably scoffed down my carb and fat quotas for the rest of the year. However, that was yesterday and today is today. So, I'll just start again.

i LOVE that you make raccoons peanut butter sandwiches! i used to feed pigeons day old bread and bagels every day back in the day, but i didn't prepare food for them :)

Loving this!! I bet they love those sandwiches! Hope they don’t tell their friends! Peanut butter is great for raccoons and us:))). I absolutely love it too! Today is a new day. Thanks for the smile!!

• tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,264 Member
    Hello 60's!!! I'm 66 and trying to get the 40 lbs off that I have gained back. Have still kept 40+ off, but this is ridiculous! I want it gone now!!
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,264 Member
    @annliz23...love the poodle!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Nice walk my friend. I am going to go a bit more toward low carb. I eat way too much bread. It is hard as I love my sandwiches.

Have you tried any of the homemade bread substitutes that keto dieters use? Fathead dough or something similar?
    Yesterday was a bit of a bust calorie wise. I am still struggling, but my weight is stable at 188-189 lbs I just need to tip it downward again. Hoping my body is now adapted to not smoking and I can start to rein it in. I will log the good the bad and the ugly as it really helps to see it in red that I am not sticking to plan. And all my pals can see my diary and take warning. DO NOT COPY ME I AM A BAD INFLUENCE.

You got this, kid. Quitting smoking and trying to lose weight at the same time can be daunting. It's great that you are striving to be more healthy!

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    tuddy315 wrote: »

Thanks I have two, yours are so cute.
  • annliz23
    Hello 60's!!! I'm 66 and trying to get the 40 lbs off that I have gained back. Have still kept 40+ off, but this is ridiculous! I want it gone now!!

I'm sure it will if you stick at it, I have added friends this time and it seems to be helping to motivate me although husband doesnt like me doing this but it's for me not him I want go lose weight. Lol! I'm 57 in two months.
  • annliz23
    Should say sorry for butting in on your group but it was more interesting than some.
  • alteredsteve175
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Should say sorry for butting in on your group but it was more interesting than some.

Welcome, @annliz23. No one is checking your ID's here. I sometimes post in some other groups where I am "chronologically" too old. Keep hanging out here if you like it.

• annliz23
    annliz23 wrote: »

Welcome, @annliz23. No one is checking your ID's here. I sometimes post in some other groups where I am "chronologically" too old. Keep hanging out here if you like it.

Thanks
  • HouTxMom59
    HouTxMom59 Posts: 2 Member
    Ladies, I keep going back and forth whether I should eat plant based or low-carb high protein and driving myself crazy. I am 66 and would like to lose 10-12 lbs. l have two very good friends - one has lost weight super good eating strict plant based and the other lost quite a bit on very low carb. I had my gallbladder removed in 2018 so not sure which route to take. Does anyone here prefer one way over other minus gallbladder? Hubby is a huge carnivore and always done well on high protein, low carb. Every time I have started keto/low carb I feel super bloated..maybe because I am totally changing my eating habits? I am traveling to Australia mid September and would like to have weight off by then. Any thoughts are appreciated! Count me in on the group by the way. :)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    update on me & my dogs. since I last posted all my other dogs started showing signs of getting sick with pneumonia. Sneezing & runny noses & some cough so I made vet appointments for all of them (5 more) it will cost me a small fortune but I just want them well. Today none of them had symptoms any more except my oldest girl, Shirley so I'm keeping her appointment for tomorrow & if the others are ok, I'm canceling theirs.April the small one also has appt tomorrow but not sure if I'll take her or not.lppm34wg9wa4.jpg
    I've been praying much for all of them. On a good note about me too, I've lost 1 pound, I'm so happy about that. I bought some dill pickle flavored sunflower seeds & have been enjoying those in the evening instead of some other snack. One ounce takes me 1hr & 20 min to eat & by that time it's bed time.
  • annliz23
    Sorry to hear your dogs are sick it worrying time hope they get better soon. Love the idea of sunflower seeds.
  • alteredsteve175
    Morning, all! Have an awesome day!
    HouTxMom59 wrote: »
    Ladies, I keep going back and forth whether I should eat plant based or low-carb high protein and driving myself crazy. I am 66 and would like to lose 10-12 lbs. l have two very good friends - one has lost weight super good eating strict plant based and the other lost quite a bit on very low carb. I had my gallbladder removed in 2018 so not sure which route to take. Does anyone here prefer one way over other minus gallbladder? Hubby is a huge carnivore and always done well on high protein, low carb. Every time I have started keto/low carb I feel super bloated..maybe because I am totally changing my eating habits? I am traveling to Australia mid September and would like to have weight off by then. Any thoughts are appreciated! Count me in on the group by the way. :)

A second to the advice from @AnnPT77. You need to find a eating plan that works for you. You noted that your two friends have lost weight using very different approaches. Their plans help them create a deficit and they lose weight.

Eat what you like to eat and will eat in reasonable quantities every day. Weigh and log your food as much as possible. No need to totally change your eating habits or be uncomfortable. Eat a reasonable diet, move enough to create a caloric deficit and the weight will come off.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    @HouTxMom59 Great advice on here, I just want to emphasize that if you do choose a diet that you don't currently eat, ask yourself if after you lose weight will you still be eating this way? If not, you will probably gain the weight back if you can't make it a lifestyle. Can you modify how you eat & stick with that? example is I used to eat rice almost every day, now I eat it sometimes & measure it out. Same with chips & other higher calorie foods I enjoy, it's not an every day thing. I love french fries. Now I bake the Ore Ida frozen ones, the fast food ones are my favorite, but not frequently. I'm eating so many foods that I didn't before just by trying them or maybe you will find a different way of eating that you like & stick with if you give it a try
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    All are welcome here.

@Evamutt your poor dogs, it must have been a very fraught time for you all. Glad they are getting better now.

Last couple of days I have been trying to do more deliberate excercise so I have been on husbands rowing machine and the treadmill.

I am going away for a few days tomorrow. Spending the weekend with my best friend, there will be food, drink and dancing. Also some shopping and giggling.

If I don't check in have a fabulous weekend and I will see you all on the other side.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    manderson27 - food, drink, dancing and shopping with your best friend? have fun - it sounds like a great weekend :)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,748 Member
    Wow. A 60s group. I love it!! Can i join if i am a maintainer? My birthday is next week and I turn 61. KRASY. Happy to support y’all in your journeys
  • alteredsteve175
    Wow. A 60s group. I love it!! Can i join if i am a maintainer? My birthday is next week and I turn 61. KRASY. Happy to support y’all in your journeys

Of course. Join us! The more the merrier!