Counting Fruit and Veggies

13»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    Its not crazy Emma - if that works for you, that's fine.
    Same with Wilson who likes to log everything because the process matters.

I am a lazy logger, have said that many times - because it is the results that matter to me, not the process.

But everyone has to find the approach that works fro them. :)

I always think back to the time I watched a bricklayer build a wall around my neighbor's parking court. One brick at a time; he seemed to never look up. His hod carrier brought him the mortar and the pallet of bricks just disappeared. Wall ended up perfect, straight and true.

I try to do that in every aspect of my life. That's why I put the photo of me flying in the Golden Eagle. I never one time set a goal for how much money to make, only how to do it. Work the process and the results follow.

Well, like I said, if that approach works for you, that's fine.

I don't aim for perfectionism in any aspect of my life - but reality is I have achieved the weight loss results I want without 'working the process' the same way you do.

Lazy logging has been followed by long term results for me.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,376 Member
    I never cook for just one day, and I might whack 1kg of veggies into a dish. Of course I log that, even though it might just be 100kcal of veggies in a portion, because it tells me how much of other ingredients I can add to this dish to stay within my calories. Thus I'd likely not log 1 slice of onion, but I never have just one slice. More likely it's two good-sized onions, a big pile of garlic (fairly high in calories), and other veggies.
  • ldaratha
    ldaratha Posts: 29 Member
    This is helpful to me. I’m new here!! I was considering not counting apples but now I will, as that sounds right - a calorie is a calorie, whether it be fruit or junk food. I’ve been exercising to “earn” more food as I find it sometimes hard to stay in the calories recommended to me (1360).
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    matter of degree too Idaratha - even as a lazy logger, if I ate a whole apple I would definitely log that.

being me, I wouldnt do the weigh the core and subtract afterwards or bother differentiating between, say, a pink lady and a jonathon - but I definitely would log it, at least as one medium apple, even if not weighed exactly.

But if I ate, say, just a dice sized cube of apple from a fruit platter, I wouldnt bother logging that.

• thewife22
    thewife22 Posts: 9 Member
    My strategy is everything has calories therefore if I eat it or drink it I log it
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    ldaratha wrote: »
    This is helpful to me. I’m new here!! I was considering not counting apples but now I will, as that sounds right - a calorie is a calorie, whether it be fruit or junk food. I’ve been exercising to “earn” more food as I find it sometimes hard to stay in the calories recommended to me (1360).

Definitely count apples, I was estimating mine as small until I weighed it and it was almost double the calories!

Between fruits and veggies I had about 500 calories in produce. If i didn't log that I'd never lose weight!