Jp's omad journey

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Your food really is making my mouth water - sounds SO GOOD!!!! Nice job on the water consumption too babe!

110km an hour!!??!?! Isn't that like 220 MPH?!?!?! Or am I doing that math backwards? :D

ANway stay warm and good luck at weighin babe!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    GAH... I can't be reading about all this good food when I'm doing an egg fast lol.
    You're doing great girl! Even with the bumps here and there, you're still doing amazing!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Hope you're feeling better, @jadepearl.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 Weather is still not too good but thankfully, we had some sunshine today :)
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you <3 That would be roughly 69 MPH :)

@LiLee2018 - Thank you <3 Am still on a rough and bumpy road but hanging in there :)

@Nevadaden - Thank you <3 Getting there :)
  • jadepearl
    edited August 2019
    Y2Week4
    07 July - 7kg (15.4 lbs) to loose
    09 July - 6.5kg (14.3 lbs) to loose
    11 July - 6.5kg (14.3 lbs) to loose
    12 July - 6.4kg (14 lbs) to loose
    13 July - 6kg (13.2 lbs) to loose
    14 July - 5.6kg (12.3 lbs) to loose
    16 July - 5.6kg (12.3 lbs) to loose
    21 July - 5.5 kg (12.1 lbs) to loose
    26 July - 4.8 kg (10.5 lbs) to loose
    27 July - 4.5kg (9.9 lbs) to loose
    28 July - 4.5kg (9.9 lbs) to loose
    10 Aug - 4.8kg (10.5lbs) to loose

Good evening OMADers <3

Been quite busy lately but as they say, busy is good as when you are busy, you know that you can put food on the table for the family :) Weighed-in on Sat and I am now 54.8kg. I think I will be stuck at 54kg land for a long while :(:( Furthermore, I weighed myself on Tuesday too and my weight went up to 55.5kg and today, it went down again to 54.9kg. OMG, its a real torture to see the weight chart going up and down, up and down :frowning::confounded: Its going to be a long and bumpy road for me. I think this last 5kg (10lbs) will be the hardest for me to loose :confounded::cry: But, I am NOT giving up.

Better news....went shopping with my daughter and we managed to find some really cheap jeans at K-mart, $5 a pair. The only catch, its only for size 6 which is the smallest size for women's clothing here. I was waiting at the changing room for my DD and the sales person asked me if I wanted to try the jeans too as its $5 each. I quietly told her that I am not a size 6 but I wish I was. She just said to go and try it as the cutting is bigger. Silly old me just took her word and went in to try it. I am happy to say that I managed to wear those jeans, however, when I button it up, my muffin top said hello :( Don't see it when I wear a size 8 but when its a size 6, OMG... :blush:

OMAD at around 1pm today...had a quick lunch as we were busy today. Just had Fried Rice Paradise..something quick and feeling. Drank 3 pots of tea, 1.5L water and 1 diet soda. As for exercise, hoping to zumba for at least 45 mins later on....fingers cross!!!

That's all for now...hope that you guys are doing much better than me!

Take care and have a wonderful day <3
  • Nevadaden
    @jadepearl, I empathize about the jeans-and-muffin-top experience. I have a pair of jeans that I love from my feel-good weight, but if I stray even five pounds from that weight, I can still wear them but it's not, shall we say, a comfortable look!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    My lowest weight was 122 and people said I looked too skinny but when I'm around 125-130 that's where I look and feel the best. You are only 1 inch taller than me, are you sure you need to lose anymore weight? Maybe the reason why you're having a hard time getting lower is because you are where you should be. You are definitely in a healthy range :)<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    I agree @Brendalea69 - I've asked before because that seems like a really healthy weight range for your height! We're here to support you as you try to lose, but give yourself some grace...10 pounds is a lot to lose on a shorty duwop babe ;)

• jadepearl
    @Nevadaden - I know what you mean coz when DH saw me in that size 6 jeans, he quietly mentioned that I should not tuck my shirt in... :lol::lol::lol:

@Brendalea69 & @mistymeadows2005 - I actually went to the doctor to check if I have thyroid problem. He weighed and measured me and I casually asked him what weight should I be for my age. He said 50-52 kg would be an ideal weight for me as I am tiny, as he said. So, that's what I am aiming for. But, I may stop soon...really don't know yet. Going to see the doctor in several weeks time.

• jadepearl
    Y2Week4
    07 July - 7kg (15.4 lbs) to loose
    09 July - 6.5kg (14.3 lbs) to loose
    11 July - 6.5kg (14.3 lbs) to loose
    12 July - 6.4kg (14 lbs) to loose
    13 July - 6kg (13.2 lbs) to loose
    14 July - 5.6kg (12.3 lbs) to loose
    16 July - 5.6kg (12.3 lbs) to loose
    21 July - 5.5 kg (12.1 lbs) to loose
    26 July - 4.8 kg (10.5 lbs) to loose
    27 July - 4.5kg (9.9 lbs) to loose
    28 July - 4.5kg (9.9 lbs) to loose
    10 Aug - 4.8kg (10.5lbs) to loose
    Next weigh-in will be 17 or 18 August

Good afternoon OMADers <3

Its a terrible day today as we have "damaging wind" and rain the whole day :( Not sure about you guys but I tend to nibble the whole day long when the day is as gloomy as today. It was really hard, I really struggled to not eat after I had my OMAD :( Am praying hard that the bridge which I have to use to drive my kids to school will NOT flood this year as if it does, that means I have to use the farmland route and my little car might get stuck in the mud :(

I OMAD at around 12.30pm today. We had some leftover rice and we made egg & mixed veggies fried rice today. DH also wanted Butter Chicken and that's what we had. I also had grapes and 1 banana. Without thinking, I finished my OMAD with 2 pieces of Arnott's Mint Biscuit. So, the total calories for today - 1129 cals. Managed to zumba around 45 mins yesterday. Here's hoping that I can do 45 mins of zumba this evening too :)

Have a wonderful Thursday, you guys! <3
  • Nevadaden
    Gloomy weather makes me want lots of comfort food. However, where I am, we are in the triple digits (Fahrenheit, obviously!). While that clearly doesn't make me hearty soups and stews, it does make me want ice cream. Now that I'm retired, I have more time to putter around the kitchen, so I might make some gelato today.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yeah I totally agree the gloomy screams comfort food to me too. But right now it is 98 degrees and all I want is ice cream :) The Halo 50 cal treats are awesome. Tiny, but awesome :)
  • jadepearl
    @Nevadaden - 3 digits? That would be around 40 degrees C...wow..that's hot! Can't wait to see your homemade gelato...yum! :yum: Summer will be in December and I guess you will hear me whining about it later on this year :lol:
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Halo Top ice cream is very expensive here :( A small 473ml tub cost us around $10. Is it cheaper over there? For us here, during summer, I prefer to make our own ice-cream using our little ice-cream machine where my kids will DIY themselves.
  • jadepearl
    Good evening OMADers <3

I am truly a country bumpkin as I didn't know what a mummy tummy is till today. I was complaining that no matter what I do, I just can't loose the bottom part of my flabby tummy and a lady whom I am acquaintance with said that 80% of women who gave birth will have this mummy tummy. Most of us don't even know that there's such thing. But, with the right exercises, it will be flat once again. So, I am now trying to see what exercises I can do to help me in that area. Anyone knows about mummy tummy?

cb6n6i21q1ly.jpg

• mistymeadows2005
    Unfortunately dear, spot reducing is a myth and doesn't happen - now that doesn't mean you can't tighten the muscles underneath your lower abdomen (think laying leg raises, and the similar). That might help a little but losing actual fat? We don't get to exercise our way out of it unfortunately LOL

I knew this was a thing though! I have it, and I haven't even BIRTHED any children myself! LOL - the struggle is so real LOL
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you for the suggestions👍❤️ Hopefully, when I get down to 50 kg, my mummy tummy would be flatter, fingers cross 🤞🤞🤞
  • jadepearl
    edited August 2019
    Good evening OMAD-ers ❤️

Got up with some lovely sunshine but within 2 hours, it starts to rain and it hasn't stop till now☔🙄 Furthermore, Aunt Flo made her monthly visit. I was curious what I weigh with AF in town and the scale flashes 55kg (121lbs). I hope after she leaves, I can get down to the land of 54 kg...wishful thinking, I guess. 💭🤔🙄

Kids wanted fried chicken for lunch today and that's what we had. I also made garlic buttered cauliflower. We had that we pita bread. Total calories - 1011. Managed to zumba for 45 mins today too.

Hope that you guys are having a wonderful Sunday 😘❤️
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Ah yes... I have a big mummy tummy but mine started even before having kids. But after 3 with 3 c-secs... I have a BIG one that overhands. I'll definitely have loose skin there whenever the fat in that area decides to start going.
    So fun :\