New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    $1 bang all weekend at GNC!

Picked up a few flavors to try them and man, the cotton candy one is sooooo good. I've never had these before but definitely worth a dollar imo. Not sure I'd spend $2 on a drink but that's just me, so worth it during the sale. The store clerk said 6 per day so you can still stock up if you like them. GNC is on my walking route so it's convenient lol.

Lucky!!!! I’m staying home packing tonight to leave for Mexico at 4am tomorrow morning, and I’ll be there all week so I won’t have a chance to snag the sale, you’ll have to stock up so I can live vicariously through you! ;p

Going to hit up GNC tonight when I am at the mall, thanks for the heads up! I want to try the new birthday cake flavor. Also have fun in Mexico! I am so jealous. Be sure to try some cool mexican food. I hear they have those blue bananas that supposedly taste like vanilla ice cream there, lol.

Have some churros and a marg for us please :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member

Picked up a few flavors to try them and man, the cotton candy one is sooooo good. I've never had these before but definitely worth a dollar imo. Not sure I'd spend $2 on a drink but that's just me, so worth it during the sale. The store clerk said 6 per day so you can still stock up if you like them. GNC is on my walking route so it's convenient lol.

Lucky!!!! I’m staying home packing tonight to leave for Mexico at 4am tomorrow morning, and I’ll be there all week so I won’t have a chance to snag the sale, you’ll have to stock up so I can live vicariously through you! ;p

Going to hit up GNC tonight when I am at the mall, thanks for the heads up! I want to try the new birthday cake flavor. Also have fun in Mexico! I am so jealous. Be sure to try some cool mexican food. I hear they have those blue bananas that supposedly taste like vanilla ice cream there, lol.

I will DEFINITELY be putting down some churros, tacos, and blue bananas (if I find them), but I might not do any margs because it’s a missions trip haha! But I was curious and looked on google at nearby food places, and the first cafe I found sells taro milk... I didn’t even think they’d have taro anything in Mexico (this will be my first time out of the country)! Is that a thing that’s prevalent there? I really, REALLY hope so... o.o
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member

I will DEFINITELY be putting down some churros, tacos, and blue bananas (if I find them), but I might not do any margs because it’s a missions trip haha! But I was curious and looked on google at nearby food places, and the first cafe I found sells taro milk... I didn’t even think they’d have taro anything in Mexico (this will be my first time out of the country)! Is that a thing that’s prevalent there? I really, REALLY hope so... o.o

Do you follow Mexican Candy Lady on Instagram? She sells snack foods from Mexico that you can’t get everywhere and it might give you an idea on treats you’d want to bring back.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member

Do you follow Mexican Candy Lady on Instagram? She sells snack foods from Mexico that you can’t get everywhere and it might give you an idea on treats you’d want to bring back.

Ooh no, thanks! I have a lot of catching up to do! Let me know if any of you wanted me to get anything and ship it to you haha it’s the least I can do after all the things some of y’all have sent me!!! ;P
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    lx04lfnag3i3.png
    1kxa96jc2f0j.png
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    So I tried the smartcakes and WOW, they are 10x better than thinslims cloud cakes! They are bigger and way more dense and just taste more cake like.

My favorite was the cinnamon. They really taste like a coffee cake. It reminds me of these from my childhood. They are BIG for only 38 calories. I have a hard time believing two of these in a pack is only 80 calories. They are pretty big and filling. 30a79w85k9zx.png
    1wxu1fvdsr32.jpg
    rxl4jfnfcbcw.jpg
    uvc2afn1h1li.jpg
    y2b0br4jd13f.jpg
    desceojqojoz.jpg

I didn't like the raspberry cream. I love raspberry, but this tasted fake and artificial.

I liked the chocolate, but it was a very mild chocolate flavor. I mean what can you expect for so few calories though. Still really good, just not very chocolatey and it wouldn't satisfy my "chocolate" craving.

I LOVED the lemon! Lemon was my second favorite.

All of the cakes were very moist and spongey. These are almost the consistency of angel food cake, but a little denser.

I have had the Smart buns (plain variety) before a long time ago and loved them. The sesame are even better! These are huge (about the size of the large size pepperidge farm bun). They are 10x better than the thinslim foods 90 calorie hamburger buns. Below is a picture of the thinslim ones. The thinslim ones were good, but they have this weird flavor I cannot put my finger on. The smartbuns were more "muffin/bready" and sweet. I love the subtle sweetness because it reminded me of a biscuit or something. The thinslim ones don't really have any taste and are chewy and boring. The sesame smartbuns are bigger, less calories, and actually have a nice sweet taste to them. (Good enough that I would even have toasted on its own with butter or something). I'll never buy the thinslim ones again, lol.

cb2dclppfyea.jpg

ppg2cgwvxkn7.png
    Thinslim above.

otqgbpdxfhd4.jpg
    vr1dp13quu8q.jpg
    Also tried these. 5/10, they were pretty dry and boring. The keto puffs and all other puffs I've had before were better. I wouldn't buy them. Still worth writing if you want to try for free, just not worth spending money to get lol. I didn't taste any almond flavor.
    dc9ik9coue5s.jpg

The Lemon Smartcakes are amazing! I don't love the cinnamon or chocolate either. I am really intrigued to do the orange cream one next time!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited August 2019
    So I just got my Built Bar shipment. I ordered a mixed box of the new Built Burner bars and got two free mango bars. Well, they screwed up again! I was sent a mixed box of their regular bars instead. I'm going to email them of course but I'd like to see them argue this one like they did with their last mistake.

d42i8tcb0oqk.jpg

Ignore the state of the box. It got soggy from being packed with an ice pack and ripped.
    9qcs65lhjwqe.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2019
    Maxematics wrote: »
    So I just got my Built Bar shipment. I ordered a mixed box of the new Built Burner bars and got two free mango bars. Well, they screwed up again! I was sent a mixed box of their regular bars instead. I'm going to email them of course but I'd like to see them argue this one like they did with their last mistake.

d42i8tcb0oqk.jpg

Ignore the state of the box. It got soggy from being packed with an ice pack and ripped.
    9qcs65lhjwqe.jpg

OMG, they better give you 2 free boxes at least for all your troubles! I am afraid to order from them after seeing this... Have you tried the burner bars? How are they compared to regular bars? WOW, yum, I see they have peach cobbler and apple pie! They are really expensive though. Honestly, any other company who did this TWICE would give you a full refund and send you free bars. I am just amazed at their terrible customer service.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2019

d42i8tcb0oqk.jpg

9qcs65lhjwqe.jpg

OMG, they better give you 2 free boxes at least for all your troubles! I am afraid to order from them after seeing this and their terrible customer service. Have you tried the burner bars? How are they different in taste/texture?

No, the burner bars are brand new which is why I ordered the mixed box of them. :( I was looking forward to trying them and was so annoyed when I opened the box. On the bright side, I just finished my chat with customer service and they're sending out another box and letting me keep the regular mixed box they sent on accident. I'm happy with that so far, but I'll hold my excitement until the box of burner bars are actually in my hands.

Oh good!! Now I am not as afraid to order, lol. If they are good I might buy them too. The burner bars have some cool flavors I'd love to try. Looking forward to see what you think!

• Maxematics

d42i8tcb0oqk.jpg

9qcs65lhjwqe.jpg

OMG, they better give you 2 free boxes at least for all your troubles! I am afraid to order from them after seeing this and their terrible customer service. Have you tried the burner bars? How are they different in taste/texture?

No, the burner bars are brand new which is why I ordered the mixed box of them. :( I was looking forward to trying them and was so annoyed when I opened the box. On the bright side, I just finished my chat with customer service and they're sending out another box and letting me keep the regular mixed box they sent on accident. I'm happy with that so far, but I'll hold my excitement until the box of burner bars are actually in my hands.

Oh good!! Now I am not as afraid to order, lol. If they are good I might buy them too. The burner bars have some cool flavors I'd love to try. Looking forward to see what you think!

The weirdest part is I just started looking at the mix they sent me and it has no rhyme or reason to it. I'm trying to find a version of the box they've sent me on their site and can't. I received 2 banana, 1 raspberry, 2 orange, 1 mint, 2 vanilla, 2 salted caramel, 2 mint brownie, 2 double chocolate, 2 mocha chocolate, and 2 coconut chocolate. That's 10 flavors, but 18 bars. They only sell a 10 flavor mixed box for $19.95 when my box of burner bars was $42. Build your own box comes with 18 bars for $36 but you can only choose up to six different flavors. WTF?! I don't even know what this box is.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Monk fruit based "maple" syrup.
    It was 0 calories so I thought why not. I love me some protein pancakes.

Its disgusting. Or maybe that's because I was expecting it to taste like maple syrup, not an imitation?
    Either way, awful. It just tastes like straight up artificial sweetener. I can't even stand the taste of stevia.
  • Maxematics
    edited August 2019
    3irfyrqy44u2.jpg

They brought this back out?! I'm not a big fan of their protein bars but I remember I had this a few years ago and it was pretty good. A few months later it disappeared from stores and their website. It's still not on their website, but I hope you posting it means it's back for good. It used to be called D's Naturals Fluffbutter.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Not my pics but I NEED this cookie dough sonic blast! Look at that huge chunk of cookie dough in the middle plus the mini pieces around. The closest sonic is 45 minutes away though. 840 calories for a small... I could definitely work it in my day. mt3qej5n04kx.jpeg
    2llqm62mv4es.jpeg
    j52brnjftol5.jpeg

Oh man, that looks so good!