Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Good morning Sara, and waves to all who stop by today.

I just completed my food plan for the day. I made it with any other day in mind. I used the MFP diary.

It has too many calories; however, I created a day that I could actually live with.
    It is, for now, 2,130 calories in a day (salmon). I made an alternate (chicken) which is 1,950.

My goal for this upcoming week is to see if I can stick to this daily outline and find out if I lose or stay the same on it, and also where I can trim it down without feeling robbed.

Lana

250.0 today What an auspicious number for my fresh start!
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Good morning everyone!

I have been on a weight loss mission since Jan. 2017. Truth be told, I’d be at goal by now if I’d have just stuck to my guns. I’ve had issues with hypothyroid and depression that I’ve allowed to dictate my life from time to time. I need to take the control back!

My meds are working, my thyroid is regulated, and I just got off birth control hormones last week/finished my first cycle in 3 years (husband got snipped, not looking to have babies).

I’m gonna start tracking today and focus on eating better, but I’ll be jumping back into an exercise routine Monday.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    Saltine - I hope you are completely on the mend and never have this again!

Lynn - I saw the pictures you posted of your daughter’s wedding. Absolutely beautiful.

Sara - I have a SIL, young niece and best friend that are all sweating by aroma therapy and essential oils. I should look into this further.

Yeah m finding my new job very busy and hard to keep up on my social media time. I have snuck in to read a couple of times just can’t keep up with responding.

I have had the best week this week diet wise than I have had for a long time. I need to go buy some groceries so I can keep it up next week too. My hip is still in pain so no exercising yet.

Today I am going to help a friend set up for a yard sale. Not my favourite activity, but it will be more movement than I would have at home so I guess it’s a good thing.

Have a great day everyone
    Tracey In Edmonton

• LanaCabana537

Tracey - Sorry to hear the hip is still hurting. Happy to hear about your diet week going well. Have a good day at the yard sale~~

Welcome to Stretch!
    - - - - -

I did my 3-mile trail this morning! I am so glad I got that done.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Mother of Pearl Miss Saltine, I cannot believe what you have gone through! How terrible. We are all relieved to hear that you are on the mend.
    Congratulations on your new home!

Dawn - I had to look that doctor up. Holy crow. What a name! I don't think I could watch that show; it's a good thing I don't have regular TV. Oy. LOL!

Time for bed. See you all tomorrow~~

Lana

I'm hooked! She truly helps people feel better about themselves. She is just so kind hearted. If she can't help someone, she does everything she can to find help for them. Yeah, it's kinda yucky at times... it's just interesting to me... i'm a strange one...haha
  • arniedog74
    Sara- you are on a roll with CBoy candidates! Keep em coming!

Lana- sounds like you have a great plan...I hope it helps, gives you answers. Way to go on walk! I'm struggling with getting a kick start... i've cut back on soda and trying to walk 3-5 times a week.. logging every day... and, scale not budging even a little..

Davis- great WI!

Tracey- hope yard sale goes/ went well...I so desperately need to have a sale.. hope your hip is better, soon...

Stretch- Welcome! This a great place to come for support and encouragement! Stop by when you can!
  • arniedog74
    So, my walking may be put off, or at least cut back for a bit. Not exactly sure how I did it, but I dropped a plate on my foot. It landed, up and down, on the top of my foot! It was, of course, one of our heaviest plates. Somehow, I managed to not scream or even cry...I definitely said a few choice words... made work quite fun, today. Thankfully, was only 4 hrs... my foot is pretty colors...haha
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dawn, hope your foot is doing better. Can you/should you soak it or ice it?

Groceries and then cooking on my list. Did a nice job of dejunking yesterday and that is always a nice feeling.

Yes, dog got me up early, but then she is my best alarm clock.

Wave to all who follow.
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Good morning all! I'm a serial starter. Also, a serial stopper. Ha! I have successfully lost about 50 lbs with WW twice in the past, most recently about two years ago and then about 10 years ago prior to that. But I've started and stopped many more times than that. I really struggle to keep it off. I am looking for support, but not in a way that's too overwhelming. I recently joined Omada, which is a online weight loss program offered through some health insurance companies. For 16 weeks you get online coaching, structured lessons, an online journal/food diary, and a private message board to share with your cohort of about 30 people. When the 16 weeks are done, the coach and the lessons go away, but you still get access to the diary and the message board. My coach is great, but my group is disappointingly unsupportive. Not mean or anything, just not helpful or responsive.

May I join in here?

I was planning on going into work today (I have a new job that I started in June--we are in the middle of heavy deadlines right now and I'm slower than I should be because I'm new), but I see there's a charity race scheduled along my preferred commute route. So, I think I'll stay home and meal prep and do laundry instead. (I shopped yesterday.) This afternoon my husband and son and I are going to a baseball game. Also, I had to take my cat to the emergency vet yesterday. She's old and has kidney disease. They sent her home with a bunch of meds that I need to administer this morning. That's it for me.
  • LanaCabana537

Welcome to Skinny!! Make yourself at home. We are definitely supportive.

Missy - Sorry about the change of moving plans. Yes, see how it all works out. And please send me some of that magic dust you are using to keep you going with improving your house. 😄

Waving to Sara and Dawn and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Tracy and Tracey and Lynn and Meghan in Florida and Suzu and Davis and the new folks and anyone else who stops by later on.

Lana

250.0 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Phone call - young lady from work who just got back from her honeymoon still wants to go shoe/thrift store shopping - she has a good coupon, but I was a little surprised to see her phone call, so "away we go". I have many hangers to fill.

Skinny - you have a full plate. You are welcome to get support here. Can we offer you any specific support? Let us know. Sending good thoughts for your cat. We also like animal pictures so if you would like to post those.....

Missy - you have 2 or 3 dogs? They are wonderful but large. The right answer will find both of us soon enough. I feel like I am pounding a square peg into a round hole. Great reason to get some walking in!!

• skinnytacular
    Thank you Lana and TilliesMom. I can't think of any specific support I need at this time, but thank you for asking. Mostly I just need people to check in and commiserate with!

I love thrift shopping!
  • arniedog74
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dawn, hope your foot is doing better. Can you/should you soak it or ice it?

Groceries and then cooking on my list. Did a nice job of dejunking yesterday and that is always a nice feeling.

Yes, dog got me up early, but then she is my best alarm clock.

Wave to all who follow.

I iced it half the night, first night. Iced a couple hours, last night. It's not as bad as I expected, pain wise. Except, when working and have to kneel... bruise is getting darker... still pretty puffy on top of foot... rubs on inside of shoe... blah
  • arniedog74
    Thank you Lana and TilliesMom. I can't think of any specific support I need at this time, but thank you for asking. Mostly I just need people to check in and commiserate with!

I love thrift shopping!

Welcome! This is a great place for support and encouragement! Stop by when you can..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning, scale says same as last week which is a victory for me. Couple hot days coming up so more water is mandatory.

Thrift store shopping and shoes shopping got me 6 tops and 2 pairs of shoes. Friend got 3 pairs of shoes, 12 tops and a glass cake plate with dome.

Back to work we go...... lurking as usual.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara~~
    Congratulations on your nice haul at the thrift store!

Into the shower with me - gotta get out there and walk, walk, walk before it gets hot.

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

248.8 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • skinnytacular
    Thank you arniedog. So sorry to hear about your foot. That sounds very painful! I hope it starts to feel better soon.

Sara--congrats for your success on the scale. Maintaining is indeed a victory. And what a fantastic thrift store haul! We have a new thrift store in town. Perhaps I should go investigate. I'm glad you're thinking ahead about water--so smart! In fact, drinking more water (and cutting back on sugary drinks and alcohol) is the topic of my Omada lesson this week. I'm supposed to try 3 new ways this week to liven water up (you know, adding sliced cucumbers and mint, or berries, etc.).

Lana--great job starting your day with a walk.

As for me, I spent Saturday at the emergency vet with my cat. She seemed like she was on the mend when we got home, but then she didn't eat or drink again yesterday, even though I gave her the meds, etc. :( I'm going to have to call the vet again today when they open at 8am. Breaks my heart. She's about 16 years old, so I fear this could be the end of the line for her. :( Anyway, that kept me up all night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    I have been "eyeballing" my WW oil in the morning, so I decided to get back on the stick and measure. What a difference, so what small thing can you do that will rein in the "eyeballing" that has gotten out of hand?

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Thank you arniedog. So sorry to hear about your foot. That sounds very painful! I hope it starts to feel better soon.

Sara--congrats for your success on the scale. Maintaining is indeed a victory. And what a fantastic thrift store haul! We have a new thrift store in town. Perhaps I should go investigate. I'm glad you're thinking ahead about water--so smart! In fact, drinking more water (and cutting back on sugary drinks and alcohol) is the topic of my Omada lesson this week. I'm supposed to try 3 new ways this week to liven water up (you know, adding sliced cucumbers and mint, or berries, etc.).

Lana--great job starting your day with a walk.

As for me, I spent Saturday at the emergency vet with my cat. She seemed like she was on the mend when we got home, but then she didn't eat or drink again yesterday, even though I gave her the meds, etc. :( I'm going to have to call the vet again today when they open at 8am. Breaks my heart. She's about 16 years old, so I fear this could be the end of the line for her. :( Anyway, that kept me up all night.

I find that a splash of red wine in sparkling water is a great way to liven water up :smiley: Welcome skinny!

Started today with my usual walk and my pup was gimping. Turns out she has a cut on one of her foot pads. So we shortened our walk a bit....put some salve on and played in the yard instead. Will have to get alonger walk in at lunch.
    Sara - awesome thrift store finds! I love thrifting unless the store is a disaster. Some try and put too much stuff out and it overwhelms me. Interesting about your oil. I should measure stuff again maybe...
    Missy - kudos to you on making the decision to keep your dogs first. That is a tough thing though...sorry they put a roadblock into your plans.
    Waves to Dawn, Kathryn, Tracy and Tracey, Megan, Suzu, and all others who stop by.
    Lurking from work
    Lynn