I forgot how good exercise feels!

Why do we (I) stop doing it?!

Losing weight feels good. Exercise feels good. Slim feels good. Junk food only makes me feel bad. Fat makes me feel 20 years older.

Why do I fall off the wagon?!

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    We ALL fail at times. It's just life. The important thing is recognizing and doing something about it. And yes, it feels good!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    As a general rule of thumb, as humans we sometimes don't get it all right all the time. Sometimes when I slack off I wonder why, but I just try to make a positive out of it, such as appreciating more work out time or dropping some weight when I get back on track.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Going to the gym with friends keeps u motivated and enjoy having company
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    I love your post!! I think about that everyday - how good it feels. Exercise keeps me sane, keeps me positive, keeps me energized, keeps me strong, keeps me toned, keeps my cheeks rosy and blood pumping, keeps me happy. Don't know why sometimes I have to fight with my own brain to do it on some days?!?! *sigh*
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    I lose focus and get lazy I guess. It DOES make you feel better, but it’s s lot of work.
  • RachelAnnSaldana
    RachelAnnSaldana Posts: 9 Member
    I have the same problem. It’s natural to have bad days. The key is to start over everyday 👍
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    I know right? I always feel so great after a workout, I don't understand why I have to give myself such a kick in the *kitten* sometimes to go do it.
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Amen!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Storm985 wrote: »

Losing weight feels good. Exercise feels good. Slim feels good. Junk food only makes me feel bad. Fat makes me feel 20 years older.

IMO, we fall off the wagon because the gratification from exercise is not immediate. You have to wait, which means battling through the discomfort to reap the benefits. In contrast, sleeping in, eating junk food etc give a sense of immediate gratification. IMO to succeed, you have to fall in love with the process...
  • Storm985
    Storm985 Posts: 44 Member
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Storm985 wrote: »

IMO, we fall off the wagon because the gratification from exercise is not immediate. You have to wait, which means battling through the discomfort to reap the benefits. In contrast, sleeping in, eating junk food etc give a sense of immediate gratification. IMO to succeed, you have to fall in love with the process...

Very, very good point.