Ladies, what skincare creams do you use?

Phoenixsunflr
Phoenixsunflr Posts: 78 Member
I’ve got really dry skin and need something thick, greasy and hydrating but not too expensive. I use biotherm but wanna try something different! What do you use? And do you use a face oil?
I tried kora organics face oil and that dried up my face and gave me itchy patches..

Replies

• Teenybudda
    Teenybudda Posts: 206 Member
    I just use jojoba oil atm.
    I use the oil cleansing method to wash with and if it's dry afterwards (usually not but depends on how much ive wiped it away with the cloth) I'll just use a little more jojoba oil as a moisturizer.
    I only do this at night. In the morning I just wash with water.
    I have sensitive skin though and can't use anything with chemicals (can't even wear foundation etc 😭) so that's why I started doing this.
    Olive oil works just as well I've found and I'm going to go back to that once my (expensive) bottle of jojoba oil runs out.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited August 2019
    I use Clinique products for face day/night and eye cream, all are unscented

I use Spectro for face washing, its super gentle on sensitive skin - its the only cleanser I can use that doesn't leave dry patches...its awesome!

eta
    New packaging its just "Spectro", not Spectro Gel anymore..for real tho, if you have sensitive skin...this is the only face wash I can use, anything else dries or is too scented for me. Get the unscented one too
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    My go to for the past 25 years has been Ponds dry skin cream. It’s incredible and I have sensitive skin that breaks out. I turned 38 this year and feel like it’s helped me stay looking younger too!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I'm sure this won't be helpful as I have combination skin that is much more oily than dry.
    I love Andalou Naturals products (their entire line and all varieties) and LilyAna Naturals retinol nighttime cream. I also like any good witch hazel toner but currently using Quinn's lavender.
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Dry face as well. I’ve found I have to avoid lotions on my face and just wash my face nightly with the Olay White Strawberry & Mint bar soap.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Ah wish I could relate. I have oily skin and still break out like a teenager and I’m 37. I use different stuff... Bare Minerals, Herbivore, Obagi.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Ah wish I could relate. I have oily skin and still break out like a teenager and I’m 37. I use different stuff... Bare Minerals, Herbivore, Obagi.

If its just the face try not washing your hair every day

I wash my hair 2-3 times a week. I used to wash it daily. It doesn’t make a difference. Just genetics I believe.
  • nooshi713
    edited August 2019

If its just the face try not washing your hair every day

I wash my hair 2-3 times a week. I used to wash it daily. It doesn’t make a difference. Just genetics I believe.

Maybe..... Or diet maybe?

Not sure. I really believe it is genetics. I’m currently pescetarian and dairy free and still break out although less than when I was younger. But I hear this type of skin will age more slowly so I’m betting on that.
  • nooshi713
    lg013 wrote: »
    My go to for the past 25 years has been Ponds dry skin cream. It’s incredible and I have sensitive skin that breaks out. I turned 38 this year and feel like it’s helped me stay looking younger too!

It is working. You look super young!
  • Phoenixsunflr
    Do any of you guys use rosehip oil? I heard about people rave about it before but I thought it was overhyped. I’ve been using it for 3 days now and it’s so nice!
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    I use the philosophy skin care line. I have normal to oily skin. I also do facials about once a week. Or a face mask. In the case of dry skin theres an oatmeal mask from lush. It's not too expensive seeing it's for multiple uses.
    Also facial oil wouldn't hurt. Just make sure its something gentle.
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    I use coconut oil and sandalwood for day and coconut oil with fennel at night
  • Phoenixsunflr
    Do any of you guys use rosehip oil? I heard about people rave about it before but I thought it was overhyped. I’ve been using it for 3 days now and it’s so nice!

I make my own moisturizer that contains Rose hip oil - which I also make. For me it's to tame redness since my skin likes to turn red at everything (Alcohol, sugar, dairy, wheat, sun, happiness...)

That’s so awesome! What’s your brand? I might check it out!
  • Phoenixsunflr
    Oh yes, coconut oil mixed with lotions is fantastic!!

Yes I’ve tried coconut oil the organic cold pressed one on my face and it didn’t work for my skin type. I got blocked pores and even more black heads, white heads and zits 😰 arghhh