Here we go again...

ajc109
ajc109 Posts: 11 Member
Soo, I'm back on the bandwagon after losing 56lbs a few years ago and then due to poor health, gaining friends and getting married, I've piled all of it back on and then some!

My health has gotten a lot worse over the last few years and I'm now disabled so exercise is out of the question. Going for a calorie controlled diet only.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? (losing and then gaining it all back)

Replies

• tccroston
    tccroston Posts: 34 Member
    Yep! Lost a ton, gained back two tons (at least 100 lbs) after an injury that kept me flat for over a year.

I’m not disabled, but I can feel your frustration.

Calorie counting has worked for me along with this awesome community!

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need to vent. It’s all good...
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    I am in the same boat - lost around 50 pounds a few years back, started a new job, gained it back. Lost 40 pounds last year, gained it back...
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Lost 40lbs a few years ago. Have now gained about 80lbs. But I'm back and I'm going to get back to a really good place again. I've decided to do mainly calorie controlled at first. I'll see how I go and if I need extra there is a gym where I live.
  • Em_Ruby85
    Em_Ruby85 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm similar, lost five stone and gained some of it back twice. I had a head mass so was immobile for a while, got back on track and then broke my leg and had metal plates fitted so was immobile for a while and got past that and now I have an autoimmune disease that's still being figured out but I'm determined not to keep gaining!
  • Kwas260
    Kwas260 Posts: 11 Member
    Similar situation here. I lost a ton of weight a few years ago and have been gaining and losing in spurts ever since (mostly gaining). Illness, permanent chronic pain, along with the fatigue and depression that came with a dreaded diagnosis led to a year-long pity party and now double the amount I lost initially to lose all over again.

I'm determined to take control of my health and do all I can to make positive changes and progress in taking care of myself. I would be happy to cheer on anyone who needs a pal.