Calorie estimate

2»

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    I probably have no business dvizing in here but I knocked down my excersize way down for a week thinking I should also knock down calories to maintain, I didn't want to, but I lost weight. So I'm thinking it can be a while before my metabolism quits expecting me to get up every day and have the energy to walk 20,000 steps a day. In other words it took my metabolism over a week to slow down so I kept losing weight even though I carefully ate maintenance. I've upped the calories today and restarted the steps and hope to continue maintaining as usual. If not I'll eat more.
  • gom14
    gom14 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2019
    measure other things not just weight - muscle and fat weigh the same but muscle takes up less space for the same amount of fat. So if you notice more muscular definition or measurements say on your arms increasing and waist decreasing etc you may be gaining muscle and losing fat at a similar weight meaning the scale looks the same but your body composition is different. Does that seem like it may be what's happening for you?

I used this http://www.calories-calculator.net/Daily_Calorie_Calculator.html and you seem to be on the right amount of cals in theory but everyone's body is different.
  • DM88ENT
    DM88ENT Posts: 31 Member
    siv1979 wrote: »
    Hello

I k ow everyone is different but I recently started increasing my calories, increasing weight training and dropped cardio

I'm doing a PHAT split 5 days a week

So after increasing from 2300 cals to now 3200, I'm still not gaining weight

I am very tall and was just wondering if I'm getti g close to a surplus

I'm 198cm 92kg.....around 6 foot 5 and pounds I don't know...... Maybe 190???? Sound right?

Anyone around this height and weight and lean bulking?? Is 3200 close

Cheers

My man I'm short 5'6 and my calorie based on age, weight, height is supposed to be 2700 calories. I'm intaking 3250 daily to bulk and it still isn't enough. I'm not gaining so this week I have to pump those numbers up. You definitely need to increase
  • siv1979
    siv1979 Posts: 32 Member
    gom14 wrote: »
    measure other things not just weight - muscle and fat weigh the same but muscle takes up less space for the same amount of fat. So if you notice more muscular definition or measurements say on your arms increasing and waist decreasing etc you may be gaining muscle and losing fat at a similar weight meaning the scale looks the same but your body composition is different. Does that seem like it may be what's happening for you?

I used this http://www.calories-calculator.net/Daily_Calorie_Calculator.html and you seem to be on the right amount of cals in theory but everyone's body is different.

I would say so yes.....