How often do you NOT meet your targets?

I used to be much better at it but am in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy atm and even with the extra calorie allowance I’m finding it much harder to keep up the good will power and stay within targets in general 😳

*not trying to loose while preg, just trying to not gain unnecessarily beciase I was bigger than I should of been prior

Replies

• Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    I have a problem reaching it not going over it. I guess maybe fill up on good fibre rather than going over, so low cal filling alternatives
  • MoKaaz
    MoKaaz Posts: 162 Member
    I pay attention to my nutrient goals the same amount as I pay attention to clouds, but I do stick to my calorie goal at least a majority of the time.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Depends on my goal. If I want to lose weight, I always meet my target. If I'm in maintenance, I might or might not.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    You're in the third trimester .... please be kind to yourself :) Keep logging & focusing on general health and wellness. Your logs will be helpful data over time, and on those days that you are close to your targets you can give yourself an extra high five.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Since I am not a woman and not pregnant what I do will have no bearing on you.

Going over your calorie goal can mean a lot of different things. Some people get quite upset if the line is crossed even by a little bit. So are you blowing way past it or are you just over the line by 100 calories or so?

I can't help either way but if anyone is going to give you help from their experience some perspective might be helpful.
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    I'm also pregnant and it's a time to focus on the quality of food we're eating more than the quantity. We should be trying to meet pretty high protein goals- I was recommended 120g daily for a singleton pregnancy. If you're unsure, ask your doctor or a prenatal nutritionist. I'd focus more on getting in your fruit, veggies, and protein for the day, and if you're still game for snacks on top of all the good stuff give yourself some grace and indulge. The important thing is to be eating the nutrients your body and baby need first.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Thanks all. Probably shouldn’t have mentioned the pregnant and 3rd trimester part as it’s taking away from the context of my actual question which was ‘how often do you not meet your targets’?

As I am interested to know how regularly other people do and do not, how strict other people are etc, regardless of my own situation.

Cheers
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited August 2019
    I tended to work on a weekly target rather than daily.

Some weeks would be at or just under maintenance, most were keeping close to my deficit.

Heck there were celebration weeks that I was way way over, they were logged so I could react to the overage in a way that was appropriate at the time.

Cheers, h.
    Post menopausal so no pregnancy involved. :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    ebony__ wrote: »
    Thanks all. Probably shouldn’t have mentioned the pregnant and 3rd trimester part as it’s taking away from the context of my actual question which was ‘how often do you not meet your targets’?

As I am interested to know how regularly other people do and do not, how strict other people are etc, regardless of my own situation.

Cheers

I find it easier to meet my goals when I am relaxed about it. I do not much care if I go over my calories by a little bit (little bit = less than 100 cal) on any day or if I need to go over them by quite a lot. I can do this because most of the time I am at goal or just below it. The occasional day makes very little difference to me or my overall efforts. I can also do this because I still have a fair amount of weight left to lose and I still have a really big daily deficit so even if I go over my goal by a little bit I still lose quite a bit.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    My targets and the ones MFP set for me when I set up my account aren’t really the same. I come close to my personal goals 90% of the time. My targets are lower and more lax than MFP set for me. I’m trying to eat better than I did yesterday, not perfect.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have been compliant with my calorie target on 94 % of days over the past 4 months. I count as "non compliant" any amount over, or more than 50 under, my MFP supplied calorie deficit. As to macros, they vary wildly day to day, depending on what I eat.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I don't really track although I try to hit/surpass my protein targets especially when trying to lose. I let my scale tell me if I'm on target. How much I'm losing or gaining per week/over time.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I meet my goals, but my goals I set for myself are a very wide range. I try to hit over 1300 calories but not over 1650. Usually come in 1400-1500 so I'm happy with that.

My macros come in a few digits off sometimes, but same goes, I have a wider range I aim for.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    I never seem to meet my daily calorie goals. Right now, it is not affecting my weight loss because some days I eat more and some days I eat less. I have never gone over my weekly goal. I don’t really pay too much attention to individual macro or micro targets, although I imagine that may change as I get further along in the process. Right now, I am happy with the way things are proceeding, so there is no reason to change it at this stage.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    When I logged, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to anything other than calories. I made sure I was eating a pretty nutritious diet overall, but I think people do far to much hand wringing over things that aren't particularly important like macros.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    ebony__ wrote: »

Cheers

Which targets?

My calorie deficit is not very aggressive, plus I exercise, so that's easy for me to hit. That's really the only one I care about.

Since when I eat sufficient protein and fiber, it makes it easier for me to stay in a calorie deficit, I do keep an eye on those, but I don't fret about it.

I just use desktop, but my understanding is the app makes targets other than calories to be more important than they really are.