Weigh-in goals

umbramirror
umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
edited August 2019 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hey maintainers. :smile:

What do you guys hope to see on the scale when you weigh in? Whether you weigh in daily or weekly, are you simply hoping to see a number that is within your maintenance range or do you have more strict goals that you follow? For example, is your range 145-150 lbs but hope to see a daily fluctuation of 145-147 and once you reach the higher end of your range, you start managing your caloric intake a bit more? Or is any weight within your range fine to you day to day?

My maintenance range is 125-127 lbs. Depending on how much water I retain or lose, I go as high as 128. So really, I'm wondering if my range should be more like 124-128. I have no idea how to best determine how wide the range should be and what to expect day to day. Also, I'm wondering if my daily fluctuations are typical or not. Oh btw, I'm a 5'6" female, 29 years old.

This is what I have logged the past few days:
8/7: 128 (just returned from vacation so was retaining some water)
8/8: 127.2
8/9: 125.6
8/10: 124
8/11: 125.8
8/12: 126.2

Replies

• umbramirror
    klrenn wrote: »
    I don’t look at any individual weigh in...I plug my daily weight into trendweight and want that averaged number to be within my 4lb range

Ah, ok. I forgot about this statistic. Thanks for the reminder! How did you determine a range of 4 lbs?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I expect to see anything from 0.5-2lb fluctuations from day to day, that's normal for me.
    Maintenance range is +/- 5lbs (125-130lbs).
    (Not long home from a cruise and a weekend away so at the higher end of my range currently and working on getting back to the lower end.)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,968 Member
    My range is 115-120 and I usually fluctuate anywhere between 0.2-2 pounds. I also don't pay too much attention to the individual daily weights. If I daily weight is below or above the trend I don't worry about it as long as the trend is within range.

Your fluctuations look normal to me. Your average for the last 6 days was 126.13 which is right in the middle of your range. Whether you want to call your range 125-127 or 124-128 is really up to you. You are still in the middle for either of those ranges.
  • Addictead
    Addictead Posts: 66 Member
    I just aim for under 136 in all honesty.
    (If I weighed 136 even once it's time to get serious). Currently tracking in the 133 average weight range, But daily it spikes from 131 to 135 with MOST days being 133-134.
  • umbramirror
    Thanks everyone for your responses. So in general, it seems that mostly everyone tracks their trends and notes their daily fluctuations, without paying them much mind as long as their trend is within range.

I'm working on adapting my perspective since I'm still new to maintenance so thanks for helping me out a bit with that!